USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Oct 13, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #5,386 of 6,433
Cayin fans. Thoughts on the RU 6 vs 7? Seems like the 6 has a more analog feeling which I find alluring.

R2-R + NOS is a religious experience, bro. :L3000:

Oct 14, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #5,388 of 6,433
Cayin fans. Thoughts on the RU 6 vs 7? Seems like the 6 has a more analog feeling which I find alluring.

The RU6 is warmer and more analogue sounding, with weaker technicalities.

The RU7 is better technically (soundstage, imaging, micro-detailing) and is superior in driving power especially on the 4.4 mm port.

The RU6 also suffers from EMI/hiss, which isn't the case with the RU7.

Oct 17, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #5,390 of 6,433
hi guy
I need some advice
im looking for replacement from my tempotec sonata hd pro ( because popping noise when play /pause sound)

I’m interesting in ifi uno (because support gaming console)
and ibasso dc 04 pro or moondrop dawn pro (it’s so cheap in taobao)

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #5,393 of 6,433
I present a mod for any dongle that can pull out its true soul, and to the smartphone not to wear out the battery. The mod in question was designed, made and refined by giuca70 an Italian friend of mine also present here on Headfi. The pieces for the realization are two which can be reached an optional third.
The first is a type c usb hub that allows the dongle’s exclusive power supply and physically separates the current from the data.
The second is a large capacity power bank and the third is an RJ45 type C network adapter.
The purpose of this mod is to prevent the charging of the smartphone during its use as a streamer, power the dongle in a powerful and clean (power-bank), physically divide the current from the data (usb hub) and do not use wifi to download music through streamer (usb rj45). Here is a photo that explains how to connect the whole, below the three pieces needed.

sax.jpg

These are the three pieces you need to make it:

USB HUB

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0C2YN8F7Z

Power-bank

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07YPS5JC5

RJ45 USB TYPE C

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07M8GSLQB/

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #5,395 of 6,433
List the advantages of the mod (so as to make its use clearer):

1) Allows the phone/tablet/PC source not to consume power (to power the dongle) but at the same time not to receive charge so as not to stress the battery inside

2) Allows you to physically separate the audio signal from the electric one inside the hub (a/from each component comes/part only what you need) clean signal=perfect signal for the dongle=perfect music for you

3) Allows the dongle to work at its best for two reasons, receives clean and plentiful current from the power bank through the hub that filters it and receives a clean digital signal directly from the streamer (phone/tablet/pc) through the hub that filters it before sending it to it

4) Allows the power-bank to power only the dongle therefore making its battery almost infinite because dedicated to the dongle only

5) If you are also using the network connector rj45 usb type C (optional) allows the connection of the streamer (mobile phone/tablet/PC) to the internet avoiding to use the wireless that inevitably brings noise and/or interference to the dongle during data reception. (so keep the wifi antenna off)

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #5,396 of 6,433
Looks like a desktop set-up, but without the case :D

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #5,397 of 6,433
Yes but the difference with the sound of the dongle alone will be huge...

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #5,400 of 6,433
....but it is no longer just a dongle.
...and who said that a dongle should remain a simple dongle? There are already many who use it in desktop applications... and this is the best way to use it in those areas. :wink:

for me the dongle represents freedom... the freedom to use it how and when we want... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back