USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jan 31, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #4,427 of 6,458
_DSC4841-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit.jpg

My review of the Truthear Shio is up in my Head-Fi thread.

Feb 1, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #4,428 of 6,458
Can anyone here that has experience on comparing (other than the known reviewers here) the new dc03 pro vs the original dc03 "non-pro"? I doubt that there is a very big difference in sound quality improvement like what they are presenting. Can anyone vouch that it is a step up on sound quality or is it really just the same item with the same cirrus logic chip but with added features (control volume & gain settings).

Feb 6, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #4,438 of 6,458
Anyone here with a Nubia red magic sw 6? Trying to figure out a better way to deal with tidal problems, I know I can use uapp straight away but downloading albums for on the go... It's rather easier in tidal than on uapp. So far worked around using mqa files with a couple of dongle DACs to make em work, but some other are a missfire

Feb 7, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #4,439 of 6,458
Many may not agree but the truth is that I have a really hard time to distinguish differences between the RU6, the DC03 Pro and the inexpensive apple dongle. I'm not saying they are not there but even trying to compare all 3, by listening one after the other, it is very difficult to quantify and if I only had 1 of the 3, I would still be happy. I was even considering a portable DAC/Amp with battery so that my phone battery wouldn't be drained by some of these demanding dongles. But then I realized, why spend more money if the apple dongle, besides being the smaller and less intrusive one, almost drains no power at all, when compared to the others (especially the RU6).

Maybe it is a blessing that I'm not able to discern such differences that I read here and there, the truth is that, for a portable set I just need an iPhone, an apple dongle and IEM/ cans easy to drive.

Feb 7, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #4,440 of 6,458
Hey. A while ago I asked here, what you thought was the best portable DAC that has both an SE 3.5 and a Balanced 4.4 output.
I got only one answer - the Questyle M15. Now I've researched it and read reviews and it does seem pretty great, but there are alternatives.
Namely, I'm leaning toward Lotoo PAW S2 instead. It's more feature-rich and has possibly a bit wider soundstage (I read from a review that M15's SE port is supposed to be mediocre).
So, new question - M15 or Lotoo PAW S2, and why, or something else I've overlooked? MQA required
Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back