USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jan 23, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #4,411 of 6,485
Maybe because it is quite sensitive to cellular interference.
Interference aside, I felt like the power was constrained when driven from an iPhone, and the music reproduction was more robust when driven from a device with more power on tap. I feel like the Ibasso was designed to run optimally with lower power requirements.

Jan 23, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #4,412 of 6,485
Interference aside, I felt like the power was constrained when driven from an iPhone, and the music reproduction was more robust when driven from a device with more power on tap. I feel like the Ibasso was designed to run optimally with lower power requirements.
This might be true because from what I am reading the iPhone has a limited voltage output so it might not be able to power the RU-6 properly when the DC03 Pro is designed to run at full with less input voltage.

Jan 23, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #4,413 of 6,485
This might be true because from what I am reading the iPhone has a limited voltage output so it might not be able to power the RU-6 properly when the DC03 Pro is designed to run at full with less input voltage.
Yeah I think this might be the more likely answer.

It's a common complaint from the RU6 regarding reaching power limit on iPhone and the phone will give a warning.

I wouldn't be surprised it's the same on DC03.

Oh and someone once told me using the USB3 camera kit sound better than the old USB2 camera kit. Not sure which one you have but maybe try the USB3 camera kit.

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter

Jan 26, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #4,415 of 6,485
Jan 27, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #4,416 of 6,485
Has anyone compared the IFi Go link to the Ibasso DC03 Pro?

Will be running from iPhone.

Would like a warmer sound signature if possible?
Currently have M15 just would like something smaller and less battery drain.

Jan 27, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #4,417 of 6,485
Has anyone compared the IFi Go link to the Ibasso DC03 Pro?

Will be running from iPhone.

Would like a warmer sound signature if possible?
Currently have M15 just would like something smaller and less battery drain.
I haven't compared with my ears but I went with the DC03 Pro due to more available reviews with all of them seeming positive. Couldn't find enough on iFi Go Link to convince me.

Also noted that there was no RFI/EMI which was important because I would also be using my phone as a source.

Lastly, the DC03 Pro has a detachable cable and hardware volume control buttons.

However, I believe the iFi can do MQA whereas the DC03 Pro cannot. MQA is not important to me (at all) so this wasn't a problem for me.

Jan 27, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #4,418 of 6,485
Finally received my Tanchjim Space. I spent like 1 hour using it with the Dusk, and swapping with the TempoTec Sonata E44 listening to different songs to compare. Even though both are 4.4 mm balanced, 2 x CS43131 chip, independent volume controls and great measuring, still I think the Space wins with a tiny bit more resolution and textures on instruments. And the E44 is no slouch at all, so that is very impressive from Space. Highly recommended.

IMG_20230129_150634.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #4,419 of 6,485
my apple dongle is distorting when playing spotify or youtube when I use uapp to unlock the volume. does anyone know a fix? phone is oneplus 10t on android 12.

1.i plug my earphone in, click yes to give uapp access.
2. increase hardware volume to max
3. exit out of uapp and use youtube/spotify

all the sound is distorted and horrible. anyway to get around this?

Jan 28, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #4,420 of 6,485
I'm trying to just power Sennheiser ear buds so that's a bit overkill.

I bought USB Audio Player Pro and the Apple headphone USB C adapter but
  1. Call volume with this adapter went dow. 25% like people said
  2. USB Audio Player Pro seems to distort or make the sound VERY Crackly.
Any ideas of a solution / setting?
I'm having this issue, any solution other than buying a new dongle?

Jan 28, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #4,421 of 6,485
my apple dongle is distorting when playing spotify or youtube when I use uapp to unlock the volume. does anyone know a fix? phone is oneplus 10t on android 12.

1.i plug my earphone in, click yes to give uapp access.
2. increase hardware volume to max
3. exit out of uapp and use youtube/spotify

all the sound is distorted and horrible. anyway to get around this?
İ have the same issue with my Samsung S22 Ultra but no issues with Tab S7 Plus. Can't find any solution yet.

Jan 28, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #4,422 of 6,485
I recently had the opportunity to spend some time with the Fosi DS1. I didn't see a lot written about it here, so I'll try to add to our collective knowledge. My impressions are in comparison to my TempoTec E44, listening to classical music using Qobuz + UAPP, with the ER4SR using a 4.4mm-terminated cable.

My first impression was favorable. The character comes across as very clear if a bit sterile. However, a close comparison to the E44 demonstrates that the sense of clarity comes at the expense of tonal depth. It's as if the track has been through an extra compression step and now overtones are missing in the instruments, and very subtle but important details are relatively recessed. The E44 just sounds more lifelike on a well-recorded track. The DS1 sounds quite nice, but I think this is the edge that it lacks. Also, I can comfortably push the volume more on the E44. The DS1 will sound a bit harsh in the upper frequencies at higher volumes. The difference may come down to the ES9038Q2M vs the dual CS43131 of the E44, but I don't have enough experience to offer anything more than speculation.

The DS1 seems to run warmer than the E44.

On the plus side, the volume steps are quite small so it's easy to find the perfect volume. It feels very substantial, although I prefer the lighter weight of the E44. I like the removable cables, too. And of course, it's more convenient to have a 3.5mm option without the need to carry an adapter.

Happy to answer any questions if I can.

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #4,423 of 6,485
Does this mean that if I have the dc03, there is small difference in sound quality if I upgrade to dc03 pro? Since it's the same chip
The DC06 vs the DC03 Pro have different sound signature and of course different power output and functionality.
The DC03 Pro is essentially the DC03 in a new, more beautiful looking shell, hardware buttons for volume control and high-quality KDS crystal

Jan 30, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #4,425 of 6,485
Does this mean that if I have the dc03, there is small difference in sound quality if I upgrade to dc03 pro? Since it's the same chip

I think they are different chips actually.
They both use dual CS43131 by Cirrus Logic.

But the DC03 Pro has obviously a different tuning than the DC03 and not only the additional crystal oscillator that helps to reduce jitter.
You can also configure gain and select digital filters including a "NOS" one.

I don't have the original DC03 at hand but from memory and after reviewing both, I can %100 say that the DC03 Pro is better sounding by a fair margin.

More clarity and transparency but still musical and organic, more impactful, larger and more expansive soundstage are the main differences that spring into my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back