USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
May 23, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #1,261 of 6,458
Only preset choices, however there is both a bass boost and treble boost preset both of which sound very natural. Perhaps independent settings will be added in a future firmware update.

Thanks.

Guess it has on/off bass boost like other dac/amps. I was hoping for a multi-level adjust but at least it has some sort of EQ.

May 24, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #1,262 of 6,458
So, as someone who bought the Hidisz Sonata S3 to use with my OnePlus 8 Pro, the sound quality definitely was great... but I was not happy that Android 10 likely automatically assigned microphone duties to the USB DAC, even though the headphones had no in-line mic. Luckily enough, I can offload the adapter to my mom, who is in need of an adapter that allows for microphone input.

Are there options I can look at that would let me listen to audio but not have to deal with it disabling the built-in microphone, though?

May 25, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #1,264 of 6,458
So, as someone who bought the Hidisz Sonata S3 to use with my OnePlus 8 Pro, the sound quality definitely was great... but I was not happy that Android 10 likely automatically assigned microphone duties to the USB DAC, even though the headphones had no in-line mic. Luckily enough, I can offload the adapter to my mom, who is in need of an adapter that allows for microphone input.

Are there options I can look at that would let me listen to audio but not have to deal with it disabling the built-in microphone, though?
for those looking for another usbc dac dongle correctly managing mic out of the box, on the meizu hifi, if you plug a iem without mic (trs connector) it leaves the internal phone mic activated so you can answer/make phone calls with the iem still in your ears, and when you plug a iem with mic (trrs connector) it uses the mic on the iem and deactivates the phone internal mic... as expected

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #1,265 of 6,458
for those looking for another usbc dac dongle correctly managing mic out of the box, on the meizu hifi, if you plug a iem without mic (trs connector) it leaves the internal phone mic activated so you can answer/make phone calls with the iem still in your ears, and when you plug a iem with mic (trrs connector) it uses the mic on the iem and deactivates the phone internal mic... as expected

Thank you very much for the quick answer. I just ordered the HiFi Pro, so we'll see what it's like when it gets here.

May 29, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #1,267 of 6,458
So which one do you prefer and why?
Meizu Pro or iBasso DC01?
Just to be clear there are two (2) versions of the iBasso DC01/02... the DC01 is 2.5mm Balanced and the DC02 is 3.5mm Single-End.
The Meizu also has two (2) versions... the HiFi Audio and the Hifi Audio Pro and both are 3.5mm Single-End only.

I have the Meizu HiFi Audio Pro and the iBasso DC02. Both sound great with all my ear buds. Besides the slight difference in volume level I honestly can't hear a difference between the two. The Meizu is extremely low profile in comparison to the iBasso DC01/02. It must be noted that some individuals have experienced smartphone oriented EMI noise issues with their Meizu HiFi Audio USB-C dongles... both versions. I myself have not experienced this issue; go figure!

My Meizu HiFi Audio Pro is currently hanging out the back of my PC and currently powering my Smabats. The iBasso DC02 was illegally acquired by my daughter along with my (might as well say 'her' now) JVC HA-FX750 "Woody" (16Ω) iems that she swiped from me three plus years ago.

May 29, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #1,268 of 6,458
Just to be clear there are two (2) versions of the iBasso DC01/02... the DC01 is 2.5mm Balanced and the DC02 is 3.5mm Single-End.
The Meizu also has two (2) versions... the HiFi Audio and the Hifi Audio Pro and both are 3.5mm Single-End only.

I have the Meizu HiFi Audio Pro and the iBasso DC02. Both sound great with all my ear buds. Besides the slight difference in volume level I honestly can't hear a difference between the two. The Meizu is extremely low profile in comparison to the iBasso DC01/02. It must be noted that some individuals have experienced smartphone oriented EMI noise issues with their Meizu HiFi Audio USB-C dongles... both versions. I myself have not experienced this issue; go figure!

My Meizu HiFi Audio Pro is currently hanging out the back of my PC and currently powering my Smabats. The iBasso DC02 was illegally acquired by my daughter along with my (might as well say 'her' now) JVC HA-FX750 "Woody" (16Ω) iems that she swiped from me three plus years ago.
i did not experience meizu hifi pro EMI when my phone (sony xz premium) is in 4G either.

May 30, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #1,270 of 6,458
Anyone have any experience with using the Meizu HiFi Audio with a Samsung S20? Pro or non-pro version. Any noise issues? Does it sound good with the Samsung?
And as a follow-up to my own post, if the Meizu is a good option, what is the best place from which to buy one these days if one lives in the USA? In terms of pricing and shipping times.

Jun 1, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #1,271 of 6,458
been a while since i posted here but the yinlumei S2 is still my go-to mobile dac of choice. Mainly bc it pairs so well with my EJ07. Hope they come out with an S3 someday which addresses some of its major technical issues (volume steps & loose usb-c connector). To deal with the loose connector issue I literally hot-glued a dual 90 degree usb-c cable and I haven't had a single disconnect since. Dunno why more companies don't affix a nice flexible usb-c cable like the DC-01.
Hi Hisma,
You reported that you bought the Yinlumei S2 for 120$. Can you tell me your source of supply?

Jun 1, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #1,272 of 6,458
Anyone have any experience with using the Meizu HiFi Audio with a Samsung S20? Pro or non-pro version. Any noise issues? Does it sound good with the Samsung?
I used the Meizu with a Samsung A20 and it suffered from noise issues when used over cellular. Over wifi it was fine, but I sold it because of the noise problem. Tempotec Sonata HD Pro is better, slightly cheaper too.

Jun 7, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #1,275 of 6,458
Looking for a right angled usb c - usb c cable for 9038 like this one. Found on taobao, but as i am from Germany, someone knows an other option?
TB2cJ7MpeuSBuNjy1XcXXcYjFXa_!!34283900.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back