USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jun 7, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #1,276 of 6,421
Jun 11, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #1,280 of 6,421
Hello everyone, I got the Meizu Hifi Pro DAC delivered today and I'm hearing hissing sound whenever a call or SMS arrives. I'm using it along with my OnePlus 7T and TRN BA5. Is this hissing common or have I received a faulty one because I didn't see anyone pointing this in their reviews.

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #1,281 of 6,421
Did you try it on a laptop to see it wasn't the phone itself?

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #1,282 of 6,421
Hola folks,
It's been so long since I've been in the iem game and I need your help. I recently purchased a Ray Samuels p51 Mustang for my daughter to use with some old school Triplefi 10. Lol.
I'm looking for a usb c dac dongle to run from a note 9 to the p51. Budget is $50 or less for best sq. Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #1,283 of 6,421
Do USB-C to 3.5mm DAC dongles + flagship Android phones like OnePlus8 Pro compare to LG V60/G8/G8X's Quad HiFi DAC? I'm wondering if it's an adequate replacement.

Jun 13, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #1,284 of 6,421
Do USB-C to 3.5mm DAC dongles + flagship Android phones like OnePlus8 Pro compare to LG V60/G8/G8X's Quad HiFi DAC? I'm wondering if it's an adequate replacement.

No.
3.5mm adapter/dongles mostly run on single chip.
If something adequate replacement would be something like DAC AMP. Plus depending what kind headphones you running on.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #1,285 of 6,421
Hola folks,
It's been so long since I've been in the iem game and I need your help. I recently purchased a Ray Samuels p51 Mustang for my daughter to use with some old school Triplefi 10. Lol.
I'm looking for a usb c dac dongle to run from a note 9 to the p51. Budget is $50 or less for best sq. Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

Probably go little up budgets for wireless like btr3 or shanling up2

For cable meizu, hidizs 1, jcally

Jun 14, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #1,286 of 6,421
Hello everyone, I got the Meizu Hifi Pro DAC delivered today and I'm hearing hissing sound whenever a call or SMS arrives. I'm using it along with my OnePlus 7T and TRN BA5. Is this hissing common or have I received a faulty one because I didn't see anyone pointing this in their reviews.
Try using Hiby or UAPP. Enable Hardware Volume in the settings, listen to a song you like, set the volume to a comfortable level, exit the program, and now you should have to increase the regular Android volume to 100% to get normal volume. That should get rid of the hiss.

Jun 14, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #1,287 of 6,421
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't mind spending a little more if it's worth it. Can these dac dongles be used as a dac only? I know they're an amp as well and I don't want to get into double amping into the external amp I already have.
Probably go little up budgets for wireless like btr3 or shanling up2

For cable meizu, hidizs 1, jcally

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #1,288 of 6,421
Did you try it on a laptop to see it wasn't the phone itself?

Yeah, I tried few combinations and below are my finding:
  • Phone (mobile network) + DAC + TRN BA5 = Hissing sound
  • Phone (VoWiFi) + DAC + TRN BA5 = No hissing
  • Phone (mobile network/VoWiFi) + DAC + SoundMagic E10C = No hissing
  • Laptop/Desktop + DAC + TRN BA5 = No hissing
On holding the Type-C adapter with my thumb and index finger the hissing sound gets reduced. So, I guess it's because of the phone's network interfering with the circuits inside the DAC, which is getting picked up by the BA5 and not E10C. I wish the DAC had better insulation to avoid such interferences. Going forward, what earphones should I be looking for to avoid the hiss?

Update: I have used BA5 along with TRN T1 cable since the day it arrived, switched back to stock cable and the noise is gone.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #1,289 of 6,421
Try using Hiby or UAPP. Enable Hardware Volume in the settings, listen to a song you like, set the volume to a comfortable level, exit the program, and now you should have to increase the regular Android volume to 100% to get normal volume. That should get rid of the hiss.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but this didn't help in my case. Please read my previous post for more details.

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #1,290 of 6,421
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but this didn't help in my case. Please read my previous post for more details.
It's because the Meizu suffers from poor shielding. When anything involving the cellular network is triggered, you will hear EMI noise. This is the reason I always suggest the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro over the Meizu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back