USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jun 4, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #2,492 of 6,431
1622780185022.jpg1622780184971.jpg

Would be the best in 2021. L&P W2

Jun 5, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #2,494 of 6,431
By the way, the "no sound" issue happened to me again with the Sonata HD Pro. Now I'm pretty sure that my Moto G4 Plus android phone caused it. (I used it with the phone for a few days exclusively, and it stopped working when I first wanted to connect it to a windows. I also noticed that the sound was sharper and somwhat sibilant with the phone, which is not the case with windows) The Moto G4+ is a really crappy device in many ways so I wouldn't be surprised if its usb messed up the sonata.

This time it was not enough to just uninstall the sonata in windows device manager, I had to update the firmware to make it work. (I didn't bother with it previously so this is the first time I updated) Since then it works again flawlessly, but I won't plug it into the Moto G4 ever again lol :D
It's still a mysterious issue. While the problem was present, the only thing I noticed is that every time I connected the sonata to a windows, a "device not migrated" issue was added to the log in the device manager.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #2,497 of 6,431
Hey guys. Going to be traveling soon and I'm looking to bring my HD58x with me. Anybody use the iBasso DC03 with HD58x and iPhone 12? Anything comparable to the iBasso within its price point? Thanks
For an alternative to DC03 within the same price range, the best possible pairing for HD58x would be HiBy FC3, that Sabre unit is super coherent and transparent with great driving power of 2 Vrms. FC3 drives my 69 Ohm 96db Magnetic Planar with ease

Jun 6, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #2,498 of 6,431
For an alternative to DC03 within the same price range, the best possible pairing for HD58x would be HiBy FC3, that Sabre unit is super coherent and transparent with great driving power of 2 Vrms. FC3 drives my 69 Ohm 96db Magnetic Planar with ease
Thanks for the recommendation. But after more digging around I came across the FiiO BTR5. How does this compare? I like the BT capability. Is wired still possible with this device? I’m willing to pay more if it’s a better option. Sorry new to this. Would love something I can bring around instead of stuck at my desk. Lol

*EDIT* - after more research I think I’ll stick to your recommendation.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #2,504 of 6,431

Users who are viewing this thread

Back