USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Aug 19, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #159 of 6,467
I totally overlooked this thread. Just purchased the smallish Apple adapter: hell of a bargain! Seriously, the quality that can be heard today for prices unheard of just 10 years ago... Time to resell my old bulky gear :L3000:

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #161 of 6,467
I currently purchased an es100 as I plan on getting the note 10+. I have the campfire andromeda, would you say a usb-c dongle would offer better sound over the Bluetooth adapter?
Yes, if it's a high quality dongle. I even pick my Hidizs Sonata HD over the es100 via Bluetooth. Sonata HD upgraded to hi-res audio. I can hear little differences in Bluetooth vs wired. I also own an ifi xDSD and rarely use it Bluetooth for that reason. Bluetooth is convenient, but you do give up certain aspects of the music for that convenience

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #162 of 6,467
Yes, if it's a high quality dongle. I even pick my Hidizs Sonata HD over the es100 via Bluetooth. Sonata HD upgraded to hi-res audio. I can hear little differences in Bluetooth vs wired. I also own an ifi xDSD and rarely use it Bluetooth for that reason. Bluetooth is convenient, but you do give up certain aspects of the music for that convenience
What do you recommend in the $100 price range that can be purchased via Amazon?

Aug 22, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #164 of 6,467
What do you recommend in the $100 price range that can be purchased via Amazon?
If you have balanced headphones or iems, I believe the ibasso dc01 is the way to go, based on everything I've heard. Ak4493. The Hidizs Donato HD upgraded via computer is beyond decent. 2 of the go to Dongles in the under $100 category

Users who are viewing this thread

Back