1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by halcyon, Jun 13, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. SupremusDoofus
    Looks promising

2. snip3r77
  3. artpiggo
    Would like to have comparison with cobalt.

halcyon and NotKunvinced like this.
  4. senegalas
    That 9038 gonna suck a lot of power if you gonna use it on mobile, for sure

halcyon likes this.
  5. darmanastartes
    The Cobalt is not good from a measurements standpoint.

SupremusDoofus likes this.
  6. SupremusDoofus
    AudioQuest stuff is overpriced

halcyon and darmanastartes like this.
  7. isisky
    Hi, I have a audioengine d3 right know and was considering switching to a smaller device, does any of these would compete?
    Also this e1da seems to be getting a 3,5 version too anyone have info about this?

8. NotKunvinced
    That 3.5mm version seems to be in the prototype phase still.

darmanastartes likes this.
  9. HamsterJ
    I totally overlooked this thread. Just purchased the smallish Apple adapter: hell of a bargain! Seriously, the quality that can be heard today for prices unheard of just 10 years ago... Time to resell my old bulky gear :L3000:

10. originxt
    I currently purchased an es100 as I plan on getting the note 10+. I have the campfire andromeda, would you say a usb-c dongle would offer better sound over the Bluetooth adapter?

11. Devodonaldson
    Yes, if it's a high quality dongle. I even pick my Hidizs Sonata HD over the es100 via Bluetooth. Sonata HD upgraded to hi-res audio. I can hear little differences in Bluetooth vs wired. I also own an ifi xDSD and rarely use it Bluetooth for that reason. Bluetooth is convenient, but you do give up certain aspects of the music for that convenience

halcyon likes this.
  12. originxt
    What do you recommend in the $100 price range that can be purchased via Amazon?

13. snip3r77
    You’re welcome .

I went back to Apple dongle because of the slow UI of daps

14. Devodonaldson
    If you have balanced headphones or iems, I believe the ibasso dc01 is the way to go, based on everything I've heard. Ak4493. The Hidizs Donato HD upgraded via computer is beyond decent. 2 of the go to Dongles in the under $100 category

15. Ynot1
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last