1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 5, 2014.
First

Back
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
Next

Last
  1. fokta
    Screenshot_20190717-212859_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    @Davy Wentzler
    Just out of curiosity, how UAPP determine song that will pop up HiRes emblem?
    I dont see in unfold MQA song...
    then on this song, only 16 bit, it shows...

edit : just realized that this is 16 bit 48 kHz, not the usual 16 bit 44.1 kHz....

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. Davy Wentzler
    All articles I found mentioned anything above 44.1kHz or 16-bit to be 'HiRes audio'. I personally would have preferred it to be above 48kHz, regardless of resolution. I feel a preference setting coming up..

fokta likes this.
  3. buonassi
    By definition, resolution is determined by the bit depth. People much smarter than me had to convince me of that (on another forum) but it turns out they were right. I've never understood why it's considered high res based on the sample rate, unless it's done purely for marketing purposes. OK, enough of my OT musings.

4. superuser1
    Ok guys any news about compatibility with the ibasso DC01

5. Davy Wentzler
    It works, but in the current version you would need to add some configuration file to the UAPP folder. You can get it from me if you already own the DC01.

buonassi likes this.
  6. 329161
    By your definition then, dsd would be the lowest resolution format there is.

7. superuser1
    Thanks Davy!
    I'll have it in a few days. So please do let me know what i need to do at leisure.

8. madmanmatt
    Does this work with the fiio m11? If so how does it work for you. Im wanting something i can stream tidal with and be able to tweek the eq settings.

9. buonassi
    I meant for PCM, and yes, 1 bit PCM would be a very low resolution even if it was at 192khz sample rate. DSD is pulse density modulation and a completely different way of plotting a wave-form. When we say '1 bit DSD' this is just the binary container used to represent the values for the delta sigma signal, but in reality, DSD is equivalent to 20 bit PCM in theory.

PM me if you'd like to understand more about the way signals are reconstructed in DACs and I can point you to some good sources of info.

10. 329161
    Thanks, but I'm happy just listening to the stuff. :wink:
    And honestly, I have a mix of dsd, HiRes pcm, and high bit lossy, and when I have it on shuffle I have zero idea which song is which format, so I don't get too anal about formats.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    buonassi likes this.
  11. buonassi
    I hear ya! I'm sort of a geek when it comes to this stuff and question why I put so many hours into understanding the digital to analog conversion process - I guess I'm just fascinated by it.

masterpfa, 329161 and Dannemand like this.
  12. Dannemand
    And I hear ya. It is a fascinating topic, indeed!

buonassi likes this.
  13. Extrasensory
    Sorry if this question has been answered before. I am new to this thread.

My Galaxy S10+ doesn't work with Ibasso DC01. It can't detect the DC01.

Will this app make those two compatible?

14. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Some posts back (you can't miss it) Davy the developer said it needs to tweak some configuration files.

PM him and ask for it.

15. Davy Wentzler
    It depends on what your expectations are. The app is not a system-wide driver, so although the app can work with it, you can 'only' play through it using the music you select within the app. You can download our free trial from the extreamsd.com website, but coincidentally, this DAC requires a 'fix' that isn't yet in the latest version. I can send the config file that fixes it though.

buonassi likes this.
First

Back
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
Next

Last