USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 17, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #2,866 of 6,179
Screenshot_20190717-212859_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
@Davy Wentzler
Just out of curiosity, how UAPP determine song that will pop up HiRes emblem?
I dont see in unfold MQA song...
then on this song, only 16 bit, it shows...

edit : just realized that this is 16 bit 48 kHz, not the usual 16 bit 44.1 kHz....

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #2,867 of 6,179

@Davy Wentzler
Just out of curiosity, how UAPP determine song that will pop up HiRes emblem?
I dont see in unfold MQA song...
then on this song, only 16 bit, it shows...

All articles I found mentioned anything above 44.1kHz or 16-bit to be 'HiRes audio'. I personally would have preferred it to be above 48kHz, regardless of resolution. I feel a preference setting coming up..

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #2,868 of 6,179
By definition, resolution is determined by the bit depth. People much smarter than me had to convince me of that (on another forum) but it turns out they were right. I've never understood why it's considered high res based on the sample rate, unless it's done purely for marketing purposes. OK, enough of my OT musings.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #2,869 of 6,179
Ok guys any news about compatibility with the ibasso DC01

Jul 19, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #2,871 of 6,179
By definition, resolution is determined by the bit depth. People much smarter than me had to convince me of that (on another forum) but it turns out they were right. I've never understood why it's considered high res based on the sample rate, unless it's done purely for marketing purposes. OK, enough of my OT musings.
By your definition then, dsd would be the lowest resolution format there is.

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #2,872 of 6,179
It works, but in the current version you would need to add some configuration file to the UAPP folder. You can get it from me if you already own the DC01.
Thanks Davy!
I'll have it in a few days. So please do let me know what i need to do at leisure.

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #2,874 of 6,179
By your definition then, dsd would be the lowest resolution format there is.
I meant for PCM, and yes, 1 bit PCM would be a very low resolution even if it was at 192khz sample rate. DSD is pulse density modulation and a completely different way of plotting a wave-form. When we say '1 bit DSD' this is just the binary container used to represent the values for the delta sigma signal, but in reality, DSD is equivalent to 20 bit PCM in theory.

PM me if you'd like to understand more about the way signals are reconstructed in DACs and I can point you to some good sources of info.

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #2,875 of 6,179
I meant for PCM, and yes, 1 bit PCM would be a very low resolution even if it was at 192khz sample rate. DSD is pulse density modulation and a completely different way of plotting a wave-form. When we say '1 bit DSD' this is just the binary container used to represent the values for the delta sigma signal, but in reality, DSD is equivalent to 20 bit PCM in theory.

PM me if you'd like to understand more about the way signals are reconstructed in DACs and I can point you to some good sources of info.
Thanks, but I'm happy just listening to the stuff. :wink:
And honestly, I have a mix of dsd, HiRes pcm, and high bit lossy, and when I have it on shuffle I have zero idea which song is which format, so I don't get too anal about formats.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #2,876 of 6,179
so I don't get too anal about formats.

I hear ya! I'm sort of a geek when it comes to this stuff and question why I put so many hours into understanding the digital to analog conversion process - I guess I'm just fascinated by it.

Jul 20, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #2,879 of 6,179
Some posts back (you can't miss it) Davy the developer said it needs to tweak some configuration files.

PM him and ask for it.

Jul 20, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #2,880 of 6,179
Sorry if this question has been answered before. I am new to this thread.

My Galaxy S10+ doesn't work with Ibasso DC01. It can't detect the DC01.

Will this app make those two compatible?

It depends on what your expectations are. The app is not a system-wide driver, so although the app can work with it, you can 'only' play through it using the music you select within the app. You can download our free trial from the extreamsd.com website, but coincidentally, this DAC requires a 'fix' that isn't yet in the latest version. I can send the config file that fixes it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back