USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 4, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #1,771 of 6,188
I only heard of bad experiences with LineageOS regarding USB audio.

I never had any problems using CyanogenMod (predecessor of LineageOS) on my Nexus 5 or Nexus 7, and sending USB audio to my iDSD.
My new phone is an LG V30, rooted and running the latest LineageOS. So far, I haven't tried connecting it to the iDSD.

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #1,772 of 6,188
I have a question, I have an lg v30 and a fiio q1 mark 2 I have them connected with a balanced cable to my hifiman edition x v2. should the sound be any different between using a usb connector to the fiio as opposed to a 3.5mm cable between them ? I am just curious which in theory would be better

Sep 14, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #1,775 of 6,188
Would it be possible to add the ability to sort by "date added" or "date modified", while in folder view? I know that you can already sort by "date added" in library mode. I was just hoping for the additional options, as scrolling through a large set of music (400gb msdcard) is faster in folder view

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #1,780 of 6,188
Hi Davy,

I've been using UAPP for some time now on my LG V10, but recently I'm having problems with volume. When I start up the app, it plays fine (am usually using bit perfect mode), but if I pause the music and then play again a little bit later, the volume jumps to max and it is deafening. This also occurs if I pause the music, switch apps to do some thing else (like playing a game) and when I return back to playing music on UAPP, the music is once again at max volume. This has only been happening in probably the 3-4 most recent updates (can't recall how many exactly), but definitely in the past 2-3 months. I have not changed any settings within the app of late, except to toggle off bit perfect mode when I want to use the Morphit functionality. Is there a way to fix this, as I'm afraid to use the app for fear of losing my hearing!!!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #1,781 of 6,188
Hi Davy,

I've been using UAPP for some time now on my LG V10, but recently I'm having problems with volume. When I start up the app, it plays fine (am usually using bit perfect mode), but if I pause the music and then play again a little bit later, the volume jumps to max and it is deafening. This also occurs if I pause the music, switch apps to do some thing else (like playing a game) and when I return back to playing music on UAPP, the music is once again at max volume. This has only been happening in probably the 3-4 most recent updates (can't recall how many exactly), but definitely in the past 2-3 months. I have not changed any settings within the app of late, except to toggle off bit perfect mode when I want to use the Morphit functionality. Is there a way to fix this, as I'm afraid to use the app for fear of losing my hearing!!!

I'm very sorry to hear that. This has not been reported by anyone on any device before, but I'll try to reproduce it on the V10 here. If I can, I'm not sure what I can do about it though. It remains a backdoor route which has some implications/complications (much like the USB audio driver), but let me first reproduce it then we can see further.

Oct 7, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #1,782 of 6,188
@Davy Wentzler , iBasso pushed out their Oreo 8.1 beta update for the DX200, and Lurker just posted his beta add-on to enable Google Play. I really want to update, but Fidelizer informed me that 8.1 discontinues support for third party audio effects. So, TB's parametric EQ, no longer works. Is this right?

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #1,783 of 6,188
@Davy Wentzler , iBasso pushed out their Oreo 8.1 beta update for the DX200, and Lurker just posted his beta add-on to enable Google Play. I really want to update, but Fidelizer informed me that 8.1 discontinues support for third party audio effects. So, TB's parametric EQ, no longer works. Is this right?

I haven't tried using the Parametric EQ, but the screen for it is certainly displayed on my LG V30 (running LineageOS 15.1, Android 8.1), when I turn off "Bit Perfect" mode in UAPP.

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #1,784 of 6,188
I haven't tried using the Parametric EQ, but the screen for it is certainly displayed on my LG V30 (running LineageOS 15.1, Android 8.1), when I turn off "Bit Perfect" mode in UAPP.

Thanks for replying! Would you mind just turning it on to see if it is processing audio? If you turn the spectrum analyzer mode to L+R sum there should be a white wave display. No problem if you can’t.

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #1,785 of 6,188
Thanks for replying! Would you mind just turning it on to see if it is processing audio? If you turn the spectrum analyzer mode to L+R sum there should be a white wave display. No problem if you can’t.

Just pushed up & down on Section 3, at 500Hz, and there's a definite change in the Midrange level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back