USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 13, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #1,501 of 6,188
We didn't change anything regarding that though. From 4.2.0 we play some silence at start-up through the official Android driver, which is the only thing I can think of that may have influence.
If you leave all flags disabled and format on Auto, then you get what the app thinks or knows to be the best (and often only) setting for the device.

Play through Android is there for historical reasons and has no influence when using the HiRes driver.

Seems like that's what did the trick, :thumbsup:

Apr 14, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #1,502 of 6,188
Tested on my DAC, it's USB only (well, hence the name).

Edit: Forgot to mention the source. Using my Android TV box Himedia Q10 Pro (as the guy was requesting). Sorry.

Can UAPP provide bit perfect output for Android devices that have SPDIF (optical or coax), or is it strictly for USB streaming?
It would be a great way to get around the default 48KHz audio resampling on Android TV boxes, and allow Hi-Res audio streaming for home entertainment systems.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #1,503 of 6,188
Tested on my DAC, it's USB only (well, hence the name)

Since the introduction of support for internal HiRes DACs, the app's name is not entirely applicable anymore, but renaming it would hurt more I think.
If the direct audio path that we use is also connected to S/PDIF, then there is no reason it cannot work, but it all depends on how things are wired up.

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #1,507 of 6,188
No I don't, is that an issue? I was hoping to stream the 20K or so tracks I've uploaded to GPM.

The vast majority of the tracks don't seem to be working, but some of them do now. I've noticed that these tracks that do work are less well known and maybe don't have a match in Google's cloud? These tracks play without issue. Inspecting the meta data on the tracks that aren't working shows a sample rate of 0hz. The tracks that are working have their regular bitrate.

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #1,508 of 6,188
No I don't, is that an issue? I was hoping to stream the 20K or so tracks I've uploaded to GPM.

The vast majority of the tracks don't seem to be working, but some of them do now. I've noticed that these tracks that do work are less well known and maybe don't have a match in Google's cloud? These tracks play without issue. Inspecting the meta data on the tracks that aren't working shows a sample rate of 0hz. The tracks that are working have their regular bitrate.

Hmm.. I'm not sure. I tested with an account that does not have a subscription and uploaded a couple of known tracks. These do work. Perhaps you can send us a less well known track, then I can upload it here and see if that works or not.

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #1,510 of 6,188
Sure. This one works for me. You can download a v0/flac/320 copy here:

Idk if this is relevant but some but not all of the tracks that play were FLAC files on my PC prior to being uploaded to google.

Works here as well. But I'd rather have a track that does not work for you, otherwise there is nothing to investigate.. :)

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #1,514 of 6,188
My music just cuts off randomly and I have to select another track to resume playback. Using latest apk with my exynos s9+ and tidal hifi subscription

Users who are viewing this thread

Back