USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 4, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,489 of 6,188
I've noticed this problem on my Fiio X5iii, installed the app via the Play Store, every time I start the app after a reboot it tells me that I have to connect to the internet to validate. Once I connect to the internet I can use the app but after powering down and starting up I am getting the same message again..

The app will automatically validate the license once you have an internet connection. After a successful online validation after 24 hours of first running the app, the app can be used offline. Until then, you need to be online when starting the app. Please never uninstall the app since this will reset that scheme.

Apr 4, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #1,490 of 6,188
Sorry to bring this back up, but I was doing more testing and found the real reason behind the volume levels, it was due to the headphones being connected in High Impedance Mode vs Auxiliary mode. The volume levels are significantly higher (about 10 points on the volume setting) when in High Impedance mode. The reason I thought yesterday it had gone away is because I had the headphones connected in Auxiliary mode.

However....saying that, there is still something going on with the driver settings in the app. When the headphones are connected in High Impedance Mode, which is the correct mode for the 6XX's I'm using, and I select the Hires driver, the volume level is lowered significantly, same lower levels as Auxiliary mode. Then when I switch to the Android Driver option, I get the full volume levels back.

So it seems like the Hires driver is interrupting the High Impedance Mode and restricting the amp levels on the V30 to be in Auxiliary mode. Unless this is by design but it doesn't make sense to me?

The setup is I have the headphones plugged directly into the V30 through the headphone jack. All Hires Driver flags are off, Hires driver audio format is Auto, and it happens regardless of the Bitperfect option being on or off, it has no effect.

I appreciate the response!

We have no way to influence this I'm afraid. You can try version 4.2.0, which plays a bit of silence through the Android driver at start-up, which may switch it to the right impedance.

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #1,492 of 6,188
Hello Davy, can you tell me if the latest version of UAPP works great with Hires on daps like pioneer xdp 300r or onkyo dp x1 like i tried with LG V30?

Many do, but some people seem to have problems with low volume, possibly due to different headphones impedance. Our 100R works great though.

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #1,493 of 6,188
Hello Davy, can you tell me if the latest version of UAPP works great with Hires on daps like pioneer xdp 300r or onkyo dp x1 like i tried with LG V30?
I have XDP300R and UAPP works great with all my Hires files, even DSD :)

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #1,494 of 6,188
We have no way to influence this I'm afraid. You can try version 4.2.0, which plays a bit of silence through the Android driver at start-up, which may switch it to the right impedance.

As of the latest update my issue with the high impedance volume has been fixed. Thanks for the excellent support you guys are providing!

I have a couple of other questions:
For the Hires driver flags, is the original default setting with all the flags turned off? I had played around with them and don't remember how it was set to let the app automatically use the best setting.

And what happens in the "Play through Android" setting? If that is enabled does it override something in the Hires settings?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,495 of 6,188
As of the latest update my issue with the high impedance volume has been fixed. Thanks for the excellent support you guys are providing!

I have a couple of other questions:
For the Hires driver flags, is the original default setting with all the flags turned off? I had played around with them and don't remember how it was set to let the app automatically use the best setting.

And what happens in the "Play through Android" setting? If that is enabled does it override something in the Hires settings?

Thanks!

We didn't change anything regarding that though. From 4.2.0 we play some silence at start-up through the official Android driver, which is the only thing I can think of that may have influence.
If you leave all flags disabled and format on Auto, then you get what the app thinks or knows to be the best (and often only) setting for the device.

Play through Android is there for historical reasons and has no influence when using the HiRes driver.

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #1,499 of 6,188
Can UAPP provide bit perfect output for Android devices that have SPDIF (optical or coax), or is it strictly for USB streaming?
It would be a great way to get around the default 48KHz audio resampling on Android TV boxes, and allow Hi-Res audio streaming for home entertainment systems.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,500 of 6,188
I will try to confirm tomorrow if you could wait .. I am out of town.

Been years using exclusively usb and kind of forgot it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back