USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jun 29, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #5,806 of 6,188
Erm...what?

Last.FM is a feature inside the settings (cog wheel) of the UAPP app, and once setup any music you have listened to will be scrobbled to the service.
See UAPP Last.FM settings screen screenshots below:

Screenshot_20230628_193844_USB Audio Player PRO.pngScreenshot_20230628_193850_USB Audio Player PRO.png
I am well aware that I can scrobble my listening history to last.fm, and this is a great feature.

what I would like is the ability to sync my favourites in uapp to my likes in last.fm. so when I mark a track with a heart in uapp and scrobble it, it ends up with a heart on my last.fm too.

this means I can sync my favourites on uapp with media players on other devices easily and keep track of all the best tracks in my library no matter what device I'm on.

Jun 29, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #5,807 of 6,188
I am well aware that I can scrobble my listening history to last.fm, and this is a great feature.

what I would like is the ability to sync my favourites in uapp to my likes in last.fm. so when I mark a track with a heart in uapp and scrobble it, it ends up with a heart on my last.fm too.

this means I can sync my favourites on uapp with media players on other devices easily and keep track of all the best tracks in my library no matter what device I'm on.
Ok, thank you for the elaboration, I misunderstood you; my apologies.

That's an interesting feature request, but I've not come across this in any music apps with Last.FM integration.

Services I use (Tidal, YouTube Music, Qobuz) have Last.FM scrobbling features but do not sync likes. UAPP, as you have pointed out, does not either.
In UAPP, if I am using Tidal, then when I like a song, that syncs to the Tidal service, as that is part of the API for Tidal. This works inside UAPP when using Tidal too.
The Last.FM Scrobbling feature, in Tidal or UAPP, is a separate API and only scrobbles music.

My understanding is that the Last.FM integration is only in the realm of scrobbling music, but I'm unsure if the Last.FM API allows any further interaction.
You can contact UAPP developer (try GitHub?), but as I have never heard of any music app with Last.FM integration able to sync likes in the first place, I'm not even sure if it's possible.

As I have no further knowledge, this next bit is purely speculation: the syncing of likes might be a limitation of Last.FM API itself, as in, a feature that either is non-existent, dormant, or formerly active but now not (or another reason, if it exists).

Anyone else who knows please update or correct my post!

Jun 29, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #5,808 of 6,188

Next best thing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arn.scrobble&hl=en_IN&gl=US

Jun 29, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #5,809 of 6,188
Hello,

I have a problem playing Tidal playlists (mix music's With MQA and without MQA). The playlist stops with the error "cannot resampling bit perfect" in non MQA music (if the playlist is only MQA there is no problem).

The odd thing is that if i insist in that music (i click in it) second or third time the music starts and playlist continues.

Samsung note10 and DAC qudelix5k.

anyone have this problem?

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #5,810 of 6,188
Hello,

I have a problem playing Tidal playlists (mix music's With MQA and without MQA). The playlist stops with the error "cannot resampling bit perfect" in non MQA music (if the playlist is only MQA there is no problem).

The odd thing is that if i insist in that music (i click in it) second or third time the music starts and playlist continues.

Samsung note10 and DAC qudelix5k.

anyone have this problem?

Strange, the opposite usually happens:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...udio-support-for-android.704065/post-15201848

Is the Qudelix connected via cable?
It does not support frequencies higher than 96Khz. (or even less, if a lower limit is set in the app).

Why don't you post a UAPP image of the song being played so that you can see what the stream features are?

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #5,811 of 6,188
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked/answered already but is there any way to listen to YouTube Premium via UAPP?

Jun 30, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #5,812 of 6,188
Strange, the opposite usually happens:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...udio-support-for-android.704065/post-15201848

Is the Qudelix connected via cable?
It does not support frequencies higher than 96Khz. (or even less, if a lower limit is set in the app).

Why don't you post a UAPP image of the song being played so that you can see what the stream features are?
Hello @Ferdinando1968

The qudelix is connected via cable. I dont have any limit set in app (it is all in auto).

I attach one image of a music playing in MQA. After this song come another without MQA that lauch a error "cannot resample bit perfect" and stop the playlist.

Only if i insist in that music (without MQA) the music start.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230628-221921_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628-221921_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    975.4 KB · Views: 0
Jun 30, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #5,813 of 6,188
Hello @Ferdinando1968

The qudelix is connected via cable. I dont have any limit set in app (it is all in auto).

I attach one image of a music playing in MQA. After this song come another without MQA that lauch a error "cannot resample bit perfect" and stop the playlist.

Thanks,

I'll try my Qudelix tonight and let you know.

Jun 30, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #5,814 of 6,188
Hello @Ferdinando1968

Thanks,

Can you please check that you have the following setting in the Qudelix app:

IMG_4600.jpg

I'm afraid you have a different setting, with the fixed 96Khz frequency.

Also you can check if you have this setting on UAP:

IMG_4602.jpeg

I think you have bitperfect always on.

Actually, you could also leave the bitperfect setting always on, as on TIDAL for now nothing comes down at a frequency higher than 96Khz, but from August probably yes.

If instead you also use QOBUZ, you have to change it, because UAP will not be able to send bitperfect stream that has a frequency higher than 96Khz, limit of the Qudelix).

Jun 30, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #5,815 of 6,188
Can you please check that you have the following setting in the Qudelix app:

IMG_4600.jpg

I'm afraid you have a different setting, with the fixed 96Khz frequency.

Also you can check if you have this setting on UAP:

IMG_4602.jpeg

I think you have bitperfect always on.

Actually, you could also leave the bitperfect setting always on, as on TIDAL for now nothing comes down at a frequency higher than 96Khz, but from August probably yes.

If instead you also use QOBUZ, you have to change it, because UAP will not be able to send bitperfect stream that has a frequency higher than 96Khz, limit of the Qudelix).
You are a hero. Yes. It was fixed at 96khz. And you answer another question regard Mojo2. When playing same tracks with MQA it doesn't go behond 96khz (I know because mojo2 have light that show the bitrate). I would think that is a bug in software. My question is why August? There will be an upgrade? It will be awesome playing bit perfect 192khz on the go with mojo2 and monarch2.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230630-201334_Qudelix.jpg
    Screenshot_20230630-201334_Qudelix.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 0
Jun 30, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #5,816 of 6,188
You are a hero. Yes. It was fixed at 96khz. And you answer another question regard Mojo2. When playing same tracks with MQA it doesn't go behond 96khz (I know because mojo2 have light that show the bitrate). I would think that is a bug in software. My question is why August? There will be an upgrade? It will be awesome playing bit perfect 192khz on the go with mojo2 and monarch2.

TIDAL currently streams 44.1 or 48Khz FLAC files.

After the first unfold (performed by the TIDAL or UAP app), these streams become 88.2 or 96Khz with the lowest bits (in technical jargon LSB) containing the MQA information necessary to 'reconstruct' the high frequencies.

If your DAC is MQA compatible, it 'reconstructs' the original audio signal by extracting information from these bits (and you will see sample rates of tracks even higher than 96Khz).

If your DAC is not MQA, you will see the stream with a maximum frequency of 96Khz (and these LSB bits will contain information that your DAC will not be able to identify, and therefore they will produce audio 'noise', which you probably will not hear, because are the least significant bits of the digital stream).

That said, TIDAL announced that in August that it will begin serving high-res streams via high-resolution FLAC (as QOBUZ currently does), while (apparently) abandoning the MQA technology that has set them apart so far.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/tidal-adds-hi-res-lossless-flac/

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #5,817 of 6,188
TIDAL currently streams 44.1 or 48Khz FLAC files.

After the first unfold (performed by the TIDAL or UAP app), these streams become 88.2 or 96Khz with the lowest bits (in technical jargon LSB) containing the MQA information necessary to 'reconstruct' the high frequencies.

If your DAC is MQA compatible, it 'reconstructs' the original audio signal by extracting information from these bits (and you will see sample rates of tracks even higher than 96Khz).

If your DAC is not MQA, you will see the stream with a maximum frequency of 96Khz (and these LSB bits will contain information that your DAC will not be able to identify, and therefore they will produce audio 'noise', which you probably will not hear, because are the least significant bits of the digital stream).

That said, TIDAL announced that in August that it will begin serving high-res streams via high-resolution FLAC (as QOBUZ currently does), while (apparently) abandoning the MQA technology that has set them apart so far.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/tidal-adds-hi-res-lossless-flac/
Almost correct; MQA won't be abandoned at present, but we can surmise that it may get phased out over time.

We shall see, but I care not for MQA anyway, and love to see Tidal return to it's past Aperio roots (2014-2017), where it was formerly all lossless BEFORE January 2017 (MQA partnership, end of Aperio).

From WhatHiFi:
Dorogusker's latest statement doesn't give a specific update on Tidal’s current MQA-powered streams – which have seen the service offer a hi-res audio streaming option to subscribers since 2017 – but in line with his previous announcement, he reiterated that it will “continue to support multiple formats to make sure we have as much hi-res content as possible”. So no change there, then – MQA technology will continue to be supported (if it does indeed continue to exist following the recent news that it has entered administration). Dorogusker did, however, state that Tidal is “choosing FLAC as our preferred format for high-resolution audio”.

Jun 30, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #5,818 of 6,188
Almost correct; MQA won't be abandoned at present, but we can surmise that it may get phased out over time.

We shall see, but I care not for MQA anyway, and love to see Tidal return to it's past Aperio roots (2014-2017), where it was formerly all lossless BEFORE January 2017 (MQA partnership, end of Aperio).

From WhatHiFi:

I'm also happy that TIDAL is starting to serve high-res lossless streams.

However, I would hate for him to abandon MQA, because I think it is a valid technology, despite its limitations.

Personally I prefer to be able to choose the audio quality that I need and that satisfies me depending on the context of use.

Jul 3, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #5,819 of 6,188
hello,

sorry if i may have missed the discussion here. but since my DX320X AMP14 just arrived from repair, i only got to compare the RS8 to it. and i got a lot of backreading to do.

with UAPP installed to both DAPs, DX320X AMP14 is able to play DSD 512 NATIVELY. in the RS8, DSD 512 is converted to PCM (either 384KHz or 768KHz) when played. why is this happening?

in the RS8, is there anything in the UAPP settings that must be changed in order for DSD 512 files to be played natively?

thank you.

Jul 3, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #5,820 of 6,188
I spoke way too soon and would like to profoundly recant my previous enthusiasm...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YkTp4cqoEs71GrC17

(As shown in my clip above)
App still locks up when viewing tracklist of an album by an artist you have many albums by. It freezes as soon as "More Albums by [Artist]" would appear.

Which is infuriating, because there just happens to be a list of albums by that artist in THE PREVIOUS MENU SCREEN. Why do we need this at all?
Was this ever fixed? @Davy Wentzler ?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back