USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 18, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #5,777 of 6,179
If you have successfully saved them, they are all in the highlighted section

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230518-102331~2.png
    Screenshot_20230518-102331~2.png
    376 KB · Views: 0
May 18, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #5,778 of 6,179
If you have successfully saved them, they are all in the highlighted section
Im referring to these ones.

And I would like to make a backup of the files, because I would like to export my configuration for other devices

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-18-10-47-08-163_com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-18-10-47-08-163_com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 0
May 21, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #5,779 of 6,179
Has anyone been able to get UAPP to upsample PCM music files to 1411.2 khz to a Pontus2 dac?

May 21, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #5,780 of 6,179
Since today, UAPP claims my Tidal subscription doesn't allow HiFi/Master MQA and plays in MP4 (!?). On same device using Tidal app or through Hiby music I have No problems - just me? What could be wrong? UAPP updated from May 2nd version
Edit: all good now after a reboot (!)

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #5,782 of 6,179
I'll give it a try for some of the terms according to my understanding:

1. EQ - this is where a device can alter various frequencies to make those frequencies louder or quieter. For example, if you find the bass is weak, then you can use an equaliser to increase the volume of the low frequencies. There are also a couple of types of equalisation: a standard EQ (the one under discussion here) and a parametric EQ discussed later. The standard EQ is often known as a graphic equaliser. With a graphic equaliser the set of frequencies that you can make quieter or louder is fixed.

2. Morphit - this is a great add-on if you want to perform sound 'correction' for headphones you are using. It can help to make the sound more pleasing by boosting some frequencies and suppressing others based on which headphones you have chosen in the settings in order to compensate for the headphones' deficiencies. As @alekc has mentioned, there is a limited list of supported headphones. I've tried it with my Beyer T1.2 and T5p snd the transformation in sound is quite remarkable. However, I prefer no alterations in sound whatsoever.

3. Crossfeed - this is where some of the sound from the left channel is sent to the right channel and vice-versa.

4. Parametric EQ - this is an evolution of the graphic equaliser mentioned in point (1). Here, you can set the centre of the frequency that you want to make louder or quieter. In other words, you can program the frequencies and then make those programmed frequencies louder or quieter based on your hearing preferences. A graphic equaliser often has more 'sliders' but each slider is for a fixed frequency. A parametric EQ usually has fewer 'sliders', but you can set the frequency of each one.

5. Balance - this is adjusting the relative volume of sound for the left and right channels. For some reason you may want to increase the volume from the left earcup of your headphones or vice-versa.

6. Bitperfect - this is when a device or app can take a digital audio signal (for example from TIDAL, Qobuz, etc) and convert it into an analogue audio signal for listening without sending that digital signal through the device's audio mixer. Audio mixers often downsample (convert a higher resolution digital audio signal to a lower resolution one) or upsample (convert a lower resolution digital audio signal into a higher resolution one - but you won't get any more details in the sound!) a digital audio signal before mixing it with other sounds from the OS or other apps, before finally converting it to an analogue audio signal. This invariably leads to sound degradation, which you may or may not be able to notice.

I may have the wrong understanding of some of the above so I hope someone will correct me where I've made a mistake!
Does any body know where I can get / download EQ presets for USB audio player pro?

May 25, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #5,783 of 6,179
May 26, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #5,784 of 6,179
Are the files on internal or SD card storage ? are the files from a trusty source ? I got some MQA files ... unknown origin ... wich show some sound artifacts / not playing sometimes, but most I have play well. You can try disable the MQA file scan "deep" option.
The files are stored in the SD card, downloaded from tidal via Tidal GUI. No issues with the stock Hiby player though, only with UAPP

May 29, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #5,786 of 6,179
Hi! I have a question about the UAPP USB connection. I have a phone with a Micro USB port. Can UAPP be used on this phone if I connect the USB DAC to the phone's Micro USB port with the USB C - Micro USB converter? Also, if so, will the sound quality be the same? Thanks in advance for the answers!

May 29, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #5,787 of 6,179
Hi! I have a question about the UAPP USB connection. I have a phone with a Micro USB port. Can UAPP be used on this phone if I connect the USB DAC to the phone's Micro USB port with the USB C - Micro USB converter? Also, if so, will the sound quality be the same? Thanks in advance for the answers!

I first started using UAPP when I had a Google Nexus 5 phone & Nexus 7 tablet, both of which have Micro-USB ports.
As long as I used an OTG Micro-USB cable (or adapter with normal cable), I could easily connect to external USB DACs.
There are even "Y" type OTG adapters, that allow the phone to be charged while the DAC is connected - great for long distance road trips (when I didn't have Bluetooth in the car).

May 29, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #5,789 of 6,179
That adaptor must be OTG compatible or it won't work, and some that are actually described as OTG compatible simply aren't. How do I know? I've tried many of them for just the use case you are describing with an older Samsung Galaxy S7.

This one works (but many others that look just like it do not):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9M6T99/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

This also works but is too large for many phone cases to seat in the microUSB port properly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6032G0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sometimes the best bet is to use a microUSB male to Type A female adapter (especially if you already have one), which are more easily/reliably found with OTG compatibility, and then add a Type A male to Type C female adapter to connect the DAC (assuming it's a dongle DAC).

The microUSB male to to Type A female adapters often have a short bit of wire in between the connecters, and that helps with strain relief on an aging phone's microUSB port, which can be fragile enough that a hard adapter (as in the 2nd link with no wire dongle) is a bad idea.

There doesn't seem to be much of any difference in sound quality between a (good quality) generic and a name branded version. I have Audio-Technica, iFi, and AudioQuest versions and they sound essentially the same as a good quality generic does, any difference is subtle and perhaps all in my mind.

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #5,790 of 6,179
That adaptor must be OTG compatible or it won't work, and some that are actually described as OTG compatible simply aren't. How do I know? I've tried many of them for just the use case you are describing with an older Samsung Galaxy S7.

This one works (but many others that look just like it do not):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9M6T99/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

This also works but is too large for many phone cases to seat in the microUSB port properly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6032G0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sometimes the best bet is to use a microUSB male to Type A female adapter (especially if you already have one), which are more easily/reliably found with OTG compatibility, and then add a Type A male to Type C female adapter to connect the DAC (assuming it's a dongle DAC).

The microUSB male to to Type A female adapters often have a short bit of wire in between the connecters, and that helps with strain relief on an aging phone's microUSB port, which can be fragile enough that a hard adapter (as in the 2nd link with no wire dongle) is a bad idea.

There doesn't seem to be much of any difference in sound quality between a (good quality) generic and a name branded version. I have Audio-Technica, iFi, and AudioQuest versions and they sound essentially the same as a good quality generic does, any difference is subtle and perhaps all in my mind.

I would only differ from you when it comes to the sound quality of the adapters. I find that there are subtle but important differences. The Audioquest Dragontail is my current favorite with my system requiring a USB C male to USB Type A female OTG adapter. My next favorite is the iFi. The cheap generic adapters generally have a slightly veiled, hard or electronic sound of their own, that detracts from the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back