USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 11, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #5,761 of 6,187

I spoke way too soon and would like to profoundly recant my previous enthusiasm...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YkTp4cqoEs71GrC17

(As shown in my clip above)
App still locks up when viewing tracklist of an album by an artist you have many albums by. It freezes as soon as "More Albums by [Artist]" would appear.

Which is infuriating, because there just happens to be a list of albums by that artist in THE PREVIOUS MENU SCREEN. Why do we need this at all?

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #5,762 of 6,187
I spoke way too soon and would like to profoundly recant my previous enthusiasm...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YkTp4cqoEs71GrC17

(As shown in my clip above)
App still locks up when viewing tracklist of an album by an artist you have many albums by. It freezes as soon as "More Albums by [Artist]" would appear.

Which is infuriating, because there just happens to be a list of albums by that artist in THE PREVIOUS MENU SCREEN. Why do we need this at all?

Damn! I was so excited there for a bit.

Apr 21, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #5,763 of 6,187
As far as i understand, there are still no options to connect cloud storage services (Google, Onedrive, icloud) to UAPP?

Apr 21, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #5,764 of 6,187
Yes. In "Network" you could use however FTP, Samba v1/v2/v3 and WebDav.

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #5,765 of 6,187
Hi! I love this music player, but there's just ONE thing missing to make me use it daily. Poweramp has a button to basically play a random album from the library. I love this feature because it helps me rediscover what I have in my library. It's basically a 'shuffle by category', with the category being 'albums' in this case. I would love it if this player had something like that.

Apr 26, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #5,766 of 6,187
May 4, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #5,767 of 6,187
Something is amiss with the latest update re: usb driver as my DC04 Pro suddenly started showing a red indicator even while playing music. Many restarts and to no avail. Was working perfectly before the latest update. While playing with Neutron music everything works as expected. Any one else facing this issue?

Edit: shanling UA3 is also not working with UAPP but working with Neutron and Hiby music.

Edit 2: i tried using UAPP on a Xiaomi and it works perfectly with UA3, the Moto G82 is giving problems. Any suggestions are welcome to remedy my situation.

Edit 3: After much despair i just reinstalled UAPP and everything is back to normal. In the process forgot to backup my playlists :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 7, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #5,768 of 6,187
Having a weird issue lately (using HiBy R6III) where some entries are not showing up in the Album Artist tab. The Artist and Album Artist tag are exactly the same and they show up properly in the Artist tag, and if I look at the metadata within the app, the Album Artist tags are there, but somehow they're not being categorized. I never had this issue before when using the exact same microSD card with the exact same FLAC files on the R6 2020 or the FiiO M11S. I haven't been able to pinpoint if this is an R6 III issue or something caused by the latest UAPP update. Anyone ever experience anything like this? Thanks.
I'll pay attention to it - I believe it also happened on my R6 III but only with DSD tracks

May 7, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #5,769 of 6,187
Hi, I'm trying to use UAPP with the Hiby R6 iii but there is lot of stuttering playing mqa/file above 96khz. I've tried all the settings, increased buffer to 600ms but the issue still persist. Any advices?
Are the files on internal or SD card storage ? are the files from a trusty source ? I got some MQA files ... unknown origin ... wich show some sound artifacts / not playing sometimes, but most I have play well. You can try disable the MQA file scan "deep" option.

May 10, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #5,770 of 6,187
So all of a sudden my UAPP won't play anything.

Was working perfectly fine last night but today just won't respond when I try to play anything. Can use the app fine, browse normally etc. just hangs when I hit play.

Nothing's changed on my phone which is a Sony Xperia 1 II. The Sony walkman music player app still works fine as do any streaming apps.

Tried with USB DAC, bluetooth, 3.5mm jack and phone speaker. Tried changing internal audio driver between HiRes and Android but nothing works.

Also installed UAPP, reinstalled, rebuilt library database but still won't play.

Any ideas please? Thanks.

May 10, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #5,771 of 6,187

Was working perfectly fine last night but today just won't respond when I try to play anything. Can use the app fine, browse normally etc. just hangs when I hit play.

Nothing's changed on my phone which is a Sony Xperia 1 II. The Sony walkman music player app still works fine as do any streaming apps.

Tried with USB DAC, bluetooth, 3.5mm jack and phone speaker. Tried changing internal audio driver between HiRes and Android but nothing works.

Also installed UAPP, reinstalled, rebuilt library database but still won't play.

Dang that can be really irritating . Especially if UAPP is your go to app for playing music. The same thing happened with me a few days back however, it was resolved when i uninstalled restarted and then installed again. I hope this helps.

May 10, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #5,772 of 6,187

The first thing I would have done, before resorting to uninstall / reinstall, would be to "Force Stop" the app, and "Clear the Cache".
Next, I would have tied to see if Qobuz, or any of the other Streaming Radio channels, would play.
Then, I would have tried clearing / rebuilding the Library.
Finally, I would have tried uninstalling / reinstalling the app, and rebuilding the Library.

As a last resort, I would contact the developer via email [ info@extreamsd.com ], with a complete description of the issue and troubleshooting steps I'd taken.

May 10, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #5,773 of 6,187
The first thing I would have done, before resorting to uninstall / reinstall, would be to "Force Stop" the app, and "Clear the Cache".
Next, I would have tied to see if Qobuz, or any of the other Streaming Radio channels, would play.
Then, I would have tried clearing / rebuilding the Library.
Finally, I would have tried uninstalling / reinstalling the app, and rebuilding the Library.

As a last resort, I would contact the developer via email [ info@extreamsd.com ], with a complete description of the issue and troubleshooting steps I'd taken.
I've gotten push updates from uapp to update to version 6105 because of some Play Store issue. I hadn't had a problem that I'm aware of but I updated all of my Android devices.

May 13, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #5,775 of 6,187
I am wondering if it would be possible to have an info section in the app where one could see the hardware plugged in, something similar to what "audio hardware" tab does on Neutron. Would any of the other users be interested in this? @Davy Wentzler

1) With Shanling UA3 plugged in. 2) with nothing plugged in.
1683957232354.png
1683957286878.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back