USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 15, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #5,746 of 6,179
Can you import songs to an sdxcard from Qobuz while using UAPP ?
With the native Qobuz app you have to option to store songs in offline mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230315_114541_Qobuz.jpg
    Screenshot_20230315_114541_Qobuz.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 0
Mar 15, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #5,747 of 6,179
Qobuz and Tidal won't allow such functions on any third-party apps.

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #5,748 of 6,179
Hi! I bought the USB Audio Player Pro software and I am very satisfied while using it. I have a question for the experts regarding MQA playback. If I use a DAC/AMP that does not support MQA in hardware, can I actually listen to MQA using the given DAC/AMP device using the UAPP software MQA (purchased)? If so, what should be enabled for this in the UAPP menu? Thanks for the answers in advance!

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #5,749 of 6,179
Hi! I bought the USB Audio Player Pro software and I am very satisfied while using it. I have a question for the experts regarding MQA playback. If I use a DAC/AMP that does not support MQA in hardware, can I actually listen to MQA using the given DAC/AMP device using the UAPP software MQA (purchased)? If so, what should be enabled for this in the UAPP menu? Thanks for the answers in advance!
First of all, activate bit perfect.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #5,750 of 6,179
And if you enable the 10-band PEQ via Toneboosters vertical-3-dot menu you will be able to use all 10 bands of Oratory1990 and AutoEQ settings. You will lose the graphical representation of the PEQ curve (the Bode plot) but that‘s a small price to pay for 10 bands of EQ.

I wish @Davy Wentzler could get Toneboosters to still show a Bode plot for the 10-band PEQ and not just for the 6-band PEQ. Please :wink:

I think having the overall composite response plot is even more important with 10 filters in the EQ (the composite response is more complicated and difficult to mentally estimate from the individual filter settings).

Mar 15, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #5,751 of 6,179
Yes, the most (only) important part of MQA decoding is the initial stage and upsampling, which is what UAPP does if you purchase the option. If your DAC has selectable filter options, you might choose minimum phase/slow filter which will be similar to an MQA filter. The 'final unfolding' in MQA jargon is just their choice of filter.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #5,754 of 6,179
When I plug my M15 into my phone I get; USB audio device initialized, then when I try to play something I get Error Starting Playback. Was happening a little here and there but I usually just restarted UAPP and that would fix it.

I'm going to have to try to figure out another software to listen to music while I'm traveling...

Mar 23, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #5,755 of 6,179
Having a weird issue lately (using HiBy R6III) where some entries are not showing up in the Album Artist tab. The Artist and Album Artist tag are exactly the same and they show up properly in the Artist tag, and if I look at the metadata within the app, the Album Artist tags are there, but somehow they're not being categorized. I never had this issue before when using the exact same microSD card with the exact same FLAC files on the R6 2020 or the FiiO M11S. I haven't been able to pinpoint if this is an R6 III issue or something caused by the latest UAPP update. Anyone ever experience anything like this? Thanks.

Apr 4, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #5,756 of 6,179
Hi All,
I spent quite some time on reading comments here and on other sites as well but could not find exact answer.
So my issue/question:
Bought a marantz model 40n amp and tried to play high res music on it thru Heos app, but it seems the bitrate is limitd to 16/44 even if on paper capabilities are much higher.
So I bought uapp with mqa as well, and tried to stream thru upnp, but i could not put thru the music, when I go into Heos app > Music servers, I see the UAPP server, but cannot play any music, just browse my phone's storage.
Next I tried streaming thru tidal from bubbleupnp > heos app's music server selecting the bubbleupnp server. This way the music was pushed to my amp but actually seems that the bitrate is also limited to flac 44/16...
What should I do, is there any solition at all, or we should wait for Tidal Connect support on marantz model 40n or Heos app upgrade??
Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #5,758 of 6,179
For the 'USB audio' setting - outputting to an external DAC and amp.
Upsampling can be either (On) or (On, use integer multiple of sample rate), which upsamples to 705 or 768khz.

What's the sound quality difference between MQA doing the unfolding vs upsampling?

Apr 10, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #5,760 of 6,179
MQA doing the unfolding vs upsampling?
MQA is upsampling with a leaky minimum phase filter that causes aliasing. All MQA source files are either 44.1, or 48kHz native sample rate.

Probably won't matter much very soon, MQA is in administration and unlikely to remain a going concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back