USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 19, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #4,067 of 6,195
Hi guys

Hope someone can help.

I have an LG V30, the Ifi iDSD micro black label DAC/AMP and the Ifi OTG USB cable. I'm using UAPP as the player.

The iDSD is showing it has a connection to the LG V30 but no matter what I do UAPP is playing sound through the V30 speaker and not the iDSD.

I've tried all the settings mentioned in this thread, the V30 thread and iDSD thread (I think).

I've tried chainging USB configuration to Audio Only and MTP in developer options and still it's the same.

The strange this is I managed to get sound out of the iDSD just using a standdard USB cable with adapter ONCE but haven't managed since.

I'm guessing perhaps that there's a specific sequence I need to adhere to maybe.

Help appreciated!

Thanks
Plug the cable into the phone first then the BL.

Sep 20, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #4,069 of 6,195
Plug the cable into the phone first then the BL.
Just curious since ive been thinking aboit the Ifi BL myself: Whats its the point hooking that up to a LG Quad DAC phone?

Sep 20, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #4,070 of 6,195
Just curious since ive been thinking aboit the Ifi BL myself: Whats its the point hooking that up to a LG Quad DAC phone?

I would think the IFI Micro IDSD BL has better SQ. I dont have the IDSD BL (I have been eyeing one myself) or the V30 but that is how I feel about my Grace Design m900 or Dragonfly Cobalt vs. my V60. V60 is fine for on the go wired use but I prefer my external DAC/amps when at home. Probably just wants to use the phone as a source instead of a computer or streamer.

Sep 20, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #4,071 of 6,195
I would think the IFI Micro IDSD BL has better SQ. I dont have the IDSD BL (I have been eyeing one myself) or the V30 but that is how I feel about my Grace Design m900 or Dragonfly Cobalt vs. my V60. V60 is fine for on the go wired use but I prefer my external DAC/amps when at home. Probably just wants to use the phone as a source instead of a computer or streamer.
But isnt the V60 actually a downgrade SQ wise from V40? No DSD,No MQA and no special tuning like B&O or Meridian? I actually wanted the V60, but when i heard they actually downgraded the soundfeatures, i bought a V40 in nstead:) the v40 and v30 measures incredibly good for beeing a portable device. The Dac performance is so good that its probably just a waste to use something else with the phone. Im curious myself for what else there portably, but seeing measurements of v30 and v40, i think those phones is very hard to beat for the same features. Especially in same price category. DAC measures almost the same as Chord hugo due to a website that measures alot of portable stuff

Sep 20, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #4,072 of 6,195
But isnt the V60 actually a downgrade SQ wise from V40? No DSD,No MQA and no special tuning like B&O or Meridian? I actually wanted the V60, but when i heard they actually downgraded the soundfeatures, i bought a V40 in nstead:) the v40 and v30 measures incredibly good for beeing a portable device. The Dac performance is so good that its probably just a waste to use something else with the phone. Im curious myself for what else there portably, but seeing measurements of v30 and v40, i think those phones is very hard to beat for the same features. Especially in same price category. DAC measures almost the same as Chord hugo due to a website that measures alot of portable stuff

I listen mostly to Qobuz so dont care about DSD or MQA. I also mainly use my SE846 these days which requires a low output impedance and wouldnt really utilize thw quad DAC (on the V60 I can only force aux mode). Cant comment on V30 or V40 but was trying to answer the original question on why one would want to use an external DAC. I said nothing about V30 or V40 vs. v60 and dont think that ia relevant (i thought the original post was about the V30 + Micro IDSD BL). The micro IDSD is supposedly excellent and I could see why someone might want to use it (or at least try it for themselves to see if they like what they hear).

Sep 24, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,074 of 6,195
When I use UAPP as a UPnP renderer and control it with my phone using BubbleUPnP, the external SD card on my X7 doesn't show up. Everything else works as intended except for that. Using Bubble on both devices, Tidal doesn't show. Anyone have any pointers?

Sep 25, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #4,075 of 6,195
Hello all.

I am using a FiiO E17 Alpen DAC with Realme 6 phone via OTG USB with Tidal and USB Audio Player Pro.

Playing MQA is not activating 96k 24 bit mode on the FiiO.

When I use just the Tidal app with UAPP disabled the MQA tracksdo display 96/24 correctly.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thnx.

EDIT. Disregard. Cycling through FiiO modes and restarting fixed it. Thnx

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #4,076 of 6,195
Asking if somebody tried DSD512 materials on UAPP. Did it work?

Mine is distorted. Upto DSD256 yes it works.

Sep 30, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #4,077 of 6,195
Asking if somebody tried DSD512 materials on UAPP. Did it work?

Mine is distorted. Upto DSD256 yes it works.

I tried playing DSD 512 on UAPP in native DSD mode and it said error in playback and would not play the file. If I changed out of native DSD to DSD over PCM it did play. 128 and 256 played fine in native, just not 512. In my set-ups I have to use either JRiver or Audirvana on desktop PCs to play 512 DSD. My only DSD 512 DAC is my NX4DSD.

Somebody posted that they turned off all of the bit perfect settings in UAPP settings and got their DAC to play 512 in native but I wasn't able to. You could try that. Here's the link to that posting:

http://www.extreamsd.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=998

Sep 30, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #4,078 of 6,195
Thanks! Will try that route!

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #4,079 of 6,195
Please could someone tell me what happens if I switch off Bit Perfect mode and use the Balance or Morph or EQ etc. ?

Does it stop bypassing the Android processing or does it still improve audio to my DAC via USB ?

So is bit perfect only relevant to MQA stuff ?

Thnx

Oct 6, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #4,080 of 6,195
Please could someone tell me what happens if I switch off Bit Perfect mode and use the Balance or Morph or EQ etc. ?

Does it stop bypassing the Android processing or does it still improve audio to my DAC via USB ?

So is bit perfect only relevant to MQA stuff ?

Thnx
if you turn off 'bit perfect' it will still AVOID sample rate conversion (which is a very good thing). However, you'll be allowed to perform EQ and other functions. In the strictest sense it can't be 'bit perfect' if you apply EQ, or even use digital attenuation (because the bitstream is altered from the original state).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back