USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 5, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #3,004 of 6,179
hi davey,

longtime customer and user here.

i'm wondering if you have a solution for the following:

i'm using uapp with the following two devices:

1. android mobile/uapp==>usb DAC==>mosconi input #3
or
2. fiio/uapp==>mosconi input #3

note: the mosconi can bypass the car's stereo system completely.......
mosconi input #3 is a line level while mosconi input #1 is set to the high level output of the car dashboard system

in both cases i have to navigate the source from either the android mobile or from the fiio.

i notice that if i set up my mobile (or fiio) on my car's bluetooth (i.e. streaming music via bluetooth), i can pause or skip forward/backward from
my car's touch screen.

when i use the mosconi line level input from uapp, i can still see the choice of music and the pause/skip buttons on my car's touch screen but they no longer function,
presumably since i am not streaming the music via bluetooth.........however the interface is there and changes as the music plays and changes tunes.

is there any way you could set up uapp so that it has a hybrid mode of operating so that it will still output the music via usb (android phone) or analog out (fiio)
and in parallel have the car bluetooth still think it is streaming bluetooth? maybe even enable the bluetooth streaming in parallel? (let the car think it is playing the music,
but since its output is actually routed to input #1 on the mosconi that is not in use, so it won't interfere with my higher quality music).

any chance this is doable?

cheers,

marty (aka cat6man)

Sep 6, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #3,006 of 6,179
hi davey,

longtime customer and user here.

i'm wondering if you have a solution for the following:

i'm using uapp with the following two devices:

1. android mobile/uapp==>usb DAC==>mosconi input #3
or
2. fiio/uapp==>mosconi input #3

note: the mosconi can bypass the car's stereo system completely.......
mosconi input #3 is a line level while mosconi input #1 is set to the high level output of the car dashboard system

in both cases i have to navigate the source from either the android mobile or from the fiio.

i notice that if i set up my mobile (or fiio) on my car's bluetooth (i.e. streaming music via bluetooth), i can pause or skip forward/backward from
my car's touch screen.

when i use the mosconi line level input from uapp, i can still see the choice of music and the pause/skip buttons on my car's touch screen but they no longer function,
presumably since i am not streaming the music via bluetooth.........however the interface is there and changes as the music plays and changes tunes.

is there any way you could set up uapp so that it has a hybrid mode of operating so that it will still output the music via usb (android phone) or analog out (fiio)
and in parallel have the car bluetooth still think it is streaming bluetooth? maybe even enable the bluetooth streaming in parallel? (let the car think it is playing the music,
but since its output is actually routed to input #1 on the mosconi that is not in use, so it won't interfere with my higher quality music).

any chance this is doable?

cheers,

marty (aka cat6man)

Not really, but how does your car system know which song plays when it is not connected?

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #3,007 of 6,179
it seems the car/dash is still(!) receiving the song info over bluetooth when i select 'phone' as audio source on the dashboard screen.
even when the audio from the android phone is being directed elsewhere.
actually, the mosconi has 2 inputs i can use, #2 with its own 96k bluetooth link and #3 which is analog aux-in.
i can be streaming from phone to 96k bluetooth/dac and still see the song on car dash.

Sep 8, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #3,008 of 6,179
By the way, can some of you report the app 'USB audio player' on the Play Store as inappropriate? They copied our texts, took our name and it does not do what is described.

Hi Davy, Done .. hope penalised and removed soon with help from users of your uapp pro here. Cheers. Richard

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #3,009 of 6,179
Done also.
Thanks for the hint, Richard.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #3,010 of 6,179
Really enjoying UAPP. But I'm having an issue with dsf tags. For the most part and superficially everything things seem OK. Look a little deeper though, and that doesn't appear to be the case.

First off, none of my DSF files seem to have the composer tag value recognised, even though the tags appear fine in both MP3Tag and JRiver.

Next up, there is an inconsistency with album artist/artist. If the album artist & artist are the same, everything APPEARS OK, but if a track's artist tag is different from the track's album artist tag, the album artist tag isn't recognised at all. From this, I assume that the album artist is getting populated from artist. This only occurs with dsf files - all other file types work as expected. This starts to cause problems in the album view (which I mostly use), as any affected dsf albums are shown as multiple, smaller "sub albums" grouped by artist. This then means if I want to listen to one of the affected albums, I have to add all the "sub albums", track by track to the queue one by one, and then play the queue.

Are these known issues? I could not find reference to these issues by searching back through this thread so I apologise if I bought up something that has been thrashed to death elsewhere,

UAPP v5.2.6 on LG V30+ (H930)
Android 7.1.2

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #3,011 of 6,179
Sep 10, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #3,012 of 6,179
Really enjoying UAPP. But I'm having an issue with dsf tags. For the most part and superficially everything things seem OK. Look a little deeper though, and that doesn't appear to be the case.

First off, none of my DSF files seem to have the composer tag value recognised, even though the tags appear fine in both MP3Tag and JRiver.

Next up, there is an inconsistency with album artist/artist. If the album artist & artist are the same, everything APPEARS OK, but if a track's artist tag is different from the track's album artist tag, the album artist tag isn't recognised at all. From this, I assume that the album artist is getting populated from artist. This only occurs with dsf files - all other file types work as expected. This starts to cause problems in the album view (which I mostly use), as any affected dsf albums are shown as multiple, smaller "sub albums" grouped by artist. This then means if I want to listen to one of the affected albums, I have to add all the "sub albums", track by track to the queue one by one, and then play the queue.

Are these known issues? I could not find reference to these issues by searching back through this thread so I apologise if I bought up something that has been thrashed to death elsewhere,

Android 7.1.2

The easiest way would be to send me such a file by a cloud service.

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #3,013 of 6,179
Sep 10, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #3,015 of 6,179

Android 7.1.2

Same issue here, every .dsf I have is tagged with artist, album artist, & composer. do not show up in album artist tab, swipe over to album tab sorted by artist, there they can be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back