USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 21, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #2,071 of 6,188
Is this what is meant by DSD to PCM issue? One of these seems to use normal DSD playback...but the other turns pure DSD into MQA? It shouldn't be doing that. Both are DSD ISO files and playing on LG V40.

Now.. my problem was different... To use older DACs witth poor usb realisation, now it is easy to get USB to SPDIF box. This box will accept many formats USB and out SPDIF, coac or optical digital ready for DAC. The problem was many SPDIF support up to 194kHz, therefor I propose to introduce this Samplin limit in UAPP. Without limit it was upsacel to maximum of connected DAC.. in this case thi USB to SPDIF can hande 384kHz, which is to high.

Now, with update it seems work but some qurtions still open.

@Davy Wentzler
Thank you for update. I foind it working correct just this way.. lets say I need limit PCM to 194kHz. Now it work opnly if i..
- Upsamplle - ON
- BitPerfect - OFF
- DSD to PCM
I hope this is how it is implemented now.
Other combivations of Upsample and BitPerfect will give eratic resamplun which is not correspond to selected limits and really decrease sond quality..
So everybody who need this samplinf Limti function.. be aware to use settings I mention.
Best

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #2,073 of 6,188
Yes, it means you are getting 96kHz. Please make sure to select the OkHttp client in the app's System settings under HTTP client.

Yes, it is OkHttp. Connection is fine though, streaming from Tidal app directly works normally. But streaming from UAPP get this weird skipping and sometime high pitched noise like when old tape skipping.

Dec 21, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #2,074 of 6,188
I have been playing with my new Topping dx7s DAC amp.
Connected to PC via USB and using foobar I was able to get things flowing right.
Next I hooked it up to an android TV box and loaded uapp on it. Got it working but I have noticed some oddities with volume. My headphones seem quieter on the android TV box than my windows 10 pc..... I need to turn up the volume on the dx7s a lot more...
Is there a specific setting that needs adjustment? Everything I have looked seems to be set at maximum

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #2,075 of 6,188
EDIT: Without changing anything, 192kHz suddenly started to work via UPnP tethering. I do get "audio data not received in time" errors occasionally and if I choose another track from the queue, the queue is suddenly emptied and replaced with tracks from a completely different, random album (?!). This is playing inside UAPP (UAPP-as-renderer in BubbleUPnP doesn't work).

ORIGINAL: As the latest update broke playback for me in mobile network with UAPP as renderer within BubbleUPnP, I decided to try and make playback work the other way around: UPnP-tethering MinimServer from BubbleUPnP to UAPP in mobile.

Files seem to play fine upto 96kHz and MinimServer is found by UAPP and all is dandy. However, 192kHz files (playable by the Galaxy S9+'s HiRes DAC) always fail after first loading for ~20 (!) seconds and an error "Audio data was not received in time. Retrying!" is shown soon after playback eventually starts. Even a 30 sec buffer size doesn't help.

What's notable is that my home router uploads at a solid ~10mbps to the internet and at the phone's end the download speed in 4G is a stable ~50mps. Swtching to LAN (with similar UL and just slightly higher DL speed), 192kHz songs fire up near instantly via MinimServer. So I'm at a loss about might be happening.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #2,078 of 6,188
Maybe I didn't find the option in the menu but can UAPP be used as a UPnP control point (not a renderer) ? I'm so close to having One Music App To Rule Them All, upnp control is the last functionality that I need another app for (bubbleupnp).

Dec 22, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #2,079 of 6,188
Maybe I didn't find the option in the menu but can UAPP be used as a UPnP control point (not a renderer) ? I'm so close to having One Music App To Rule Them All, upnp control is the last functionality that I need another app for (bubbleupnp).

No, and I'm afraid no plans for the near future, sorry.

Dec 22, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #2,082 of 6,188
What does this mean:
Direct 48kHz MQA File 96kHz ...
MQA seems active, on Lg V20.

The MQA logo only indicates that it's a MQA track. If you don't see a blue or green dot, then no MQA is being decoded. This also shows because the file (mqa's rate) is 96 and the DAC's rate is 48. A short text about what's needed to play MQA is displayed shortly after starting a MQA track.

Dec 22, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #2,083 of 6,188
Davy, to avoid wasting your time needlessly, I want to add to my post #2075 above that it seems I finally got UPnP tethering from BubbleUPnP to UAPP working also in the mobile network.

The solution: when using tethering, there are two MinimServer instances that appear in UAPP in LAN, the 2nd one being the one tethered by BubbleUPnP. As long as I only keep using the tethered one, it apparently remains functional in LAN and 4G both.

So for now, I'm exclusively switching to UAPP for playback control and only use BubbleUPnP in the background to provide UPnP tethering and mobile access. Someone else may be preferring UAPP as a renderer in BubbleUPnP (which right now doesn't work with a mobile connection) but UAPP gives me the core functionality and playback info that I need.

Thanks again for implementing the S9+ HiRes driver! Gives me another option besides the Dragonfly. :thumbsup:

Dec 22, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #2,084 of 6,188
Davy, to avoid wasting your time needlessly, I want to add to my post #2075 above that it seems I finally got UPnP tethering from BubbleUPnP to UAPP working also in the mobile network.

The solution: when using tethering, there are two MinimServer instances that appear in UAPP in LAN, the 2nd one being the one tethered by BubbleUPnP. As long as I only keep using the tethered one, it apparently remains functional in LAN and 4G both.

So for now, I'm exclusively switching to UAPP for playback control and only use BubbleUPnP in the background to provide UPnP tethering and mobile access. Someone else may be preferring UAPP as a renderer in BubbleUPnP (which right now doesn't work with a mobile connection) but UAPP gives me the core functionality and playback info that I need.

Thanks again for implementing the S9+ HiRes driver! Gives me another option besides the Dragonfly. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I was already scratching my head over this one.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back