USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 20, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #2,057 of 6,187
switched on my old nexus 7 tablet.mqa on albums where appropriate.tablet has updated to version5.0.2.sounds fab.my moto g4 phone, samsung galaxy tab pro tablet are still on versions 4.5.4.will they be updated in due course.

I've installed LinageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1) on my Nexus 7 (2013), so it now has the ability to connect via BT LDAC, to my Radsone ES100 or Shanling M0 - or to output via UAPP v5.0.2 and USB, to my iFi Micro iDSD.

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #2,059 of 6,187
Random question, but figured I’d throw it out there. Can anyone offer the best possible settings for this app for the Pioneer XDP-300? I’m using WiFi streaming and I’m using the unbalanced, 3.5mm jack with Sony-MDR 1AM2 headphones. Thanks in advance.

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #2,060 of 6,187
Onkyo DP-CMX1 user here... looks like the MQA decoding is working well.

My local MQA file:

Screenshot_20181221-083150.png

And the TIDAL MQA:

Screenshot_20181221-024532.png

Does this mean I get 96khz to the internal DAC of CMX1?

Also the TIDAL streaming appears to be glitchy, it has frequent skip. Any idea how I can fix it?

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #2,061 of 6,187
I just bought the app yesterday as I got the VE Odyssey and was having issues. Everything is set to the default setting on the latest version (5.0.2), I have only enabled the bit perfect option

Phone: Galaxy S9+ Snapdragon
1) With default settings, when I connect the DAC and try to play a file it would say error starting playback. Without using the DAC I can play music normally with the jack
2) The volume controls the UAPP app and not the system app so I cannot control volume
3) I disabled USB tweak 2 and I get sound through the odyssey, but it sets the volume to max and I cannot control this. Almost went deaf with them triple flanges :ksc75smile:

is it a settings issue or just that the ve odyssey isn't supported. Also, I ordered the Hidizs Sonata V2, will I get the same issue as well?
I've also emailed the Audio Config file.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #2,062 of 6,187
Moto g4 with cozoy aegis usb dac,got the 5.02 update,the mqa logo appears beside albums,bought the mqa enable purchase from the playstore,but the mqa lights do not light up when playing mqa albums.Do i need black/red dragonfly,meridian explorer 2 dacs for the light to light up?.Is my player playing the first unfold of mqa but i need the aforementioned dacs for the second unfold therebye lighting up the mqa light.cheers john

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #2,063 of 6,187
Moto g4 with cozoy aegis usb dac,got the 5.02 update,the mqa logo appears beside albums,bought the mqa enable purchase from the playstore,but the mqa lights do not light up when playing mqa albums.Do i need black/red dragonfly,meridian explorer 2 dacs for the light to light up?.Is my player playing the first unfold of mqa but i need the aforementioned dacs for the second unfold therebye lighting up the mqa light.cheers john

Do you see a short text about what's needed to play MQA being displayed shortly after starting a MQA track?

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #2,064 of 6,187
I just bought the app yesterday as I got the VE Odyssey and was having issues. Everything is set to the default setting on the latest version (5.0.2), I have only enabled the bit perfect option

Phone: Galaxy S9+ Snapdragon
1) With default settings, when I connect the DAC and try to play a file it would say error starting playback. Without using the DAC I can play music normally with the jack
2) The volume controls the UAPP app and not the system app so I cannot control volume
3) I disabled USB tweak 2 and I get sound through the odyssey, but it sets the volume to max and I cannot control this. Almost went deaf with them triple flanges :ksc75smile:

is it a settings issue or just that the ve odyssey isn't supported. Also, I ordered the Hidizs Sonata V2, will I get the same issue as well?
I've also emailed the Audio Config file.

Any help would be appreciated!

It's hard to handle this type of question here on the forum, so it's best to send me an email (not through the forum please). The Sonata has a volume issue as well, it probably uses the same chip. The good news for that is that we should have one today and I probably know the cause of the problem with volume on this DAC.

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #2,065 of 6,187
Onkyo DP-CMX1 user here... looks like the MQA decoding is working well.

My local MQA file:

Does this mean I get 96khz to the internal DAC of CMX1?

Also the TIDAL streaming appears to be glitchy, it has frequent skip. Any idea how I can fix it?

Yes, it means you are getting 96kHz. Please make sure to select the OkHttp client in the app's System settings under HTTP client.

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #2,066 of 6,187
It's hard to handle this type of question here on the forum, so it's best to send me an email (not through the forum please). The Sonata has a volume issue as well, it probably uses the same chip. The good news for that is that we should have one today and I probably know the cause of the problem with volume on this DAC.
Thank you for your response. I have emailed the log earlier today. We can continue there.

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #2,067 of 6,187
EDIT2: Somewhat by accident I found out this issue only seems to happen when streaming via mobile network (4G). Only 44.1kHz/16bit tracks play back, albeit only after an uncharacteristically long delay. While in LAN (because MinimServer is directly accessible to both UAPP and BubbleUPnP?) this "DAC-permanently-at-44.1kHz-issue" doesn't happen.

EDIT: Hmm, I just experienced this using the S9+'s HiRes driver too (i.e., no Dragonfly involved but trying to start playback from within BubbleUPnP). UAPP UI saying "DAC: 44.1kHz File:192kHz 24bit".

ORIGINAL POST:
On a very positive note though, the new HiRes driver of the S9+ appears to be working when using UAPP as renderer in BubbleUPnP.
[...]

UPnP is allowed to downsample, so I wonder if it is caused by that. I'm not sure how one could test 4G with the UPnP renderer though.

Dec 21, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #2,068 of 6,187
UPnP is allowed to downsample, so I wonder if it is caused by that. I'm not sure how one could test 4G with the UPnP renderer though.

It did work OK before the update. The only quibble was that "Bit perfect when possible" didn't work (which apparently was solved now but unfortunately I can't test it because both S9+ HiRes and Dragonfly DACs are stuck at 44.1kHz when using UAPP as renderer).

My config consists of UAPP as renderer, BubbleUPnP (app + Server) and MinimServer as library. As mentioned, they used to play well together.

Dec 21, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #2,070 of 6,187
Is this what is meant by DSD to PCM issue? One of these seems to use normal DSD playback...but the other turns pure DSD into MQA? It shouldn't be doing that. Both are DSD ISO files and playing on LG V40.

I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean here. A track either contains MQA or not. You cannot convert something into MQA (at least not without a MQA encoder which nobody here has). There are also no DSD tracks containing MQA. The issue talked about was that the new 'Limit sample rate' option in the USB audio section (which is NOT for internal hires DACs) did not work for 'DSD-to-PCM conversion'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back