USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 20, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #2,042 of 6,183
Hi, anyway I can also scan the second sd slot on my dpx1?

Ps: love the new mqa update, how do the unfolding happen on a device like dpx2 which is mqa renderer?

Dec 20, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #2,043 of 6,183
Hi, anyway I can also scan the second sd slot on my dpx1?

Ps: love the new mqa update, how do the unfolding happen on a device like dpx2 which is mqa renderer?

Hmm.. I thought I already fixed that ages ago. If you go to Folders and press the SD card button on top, do you see on internal storage and 1 SD card option?

Unfortunately, you cannot use our MQA decoder on the DP-X1 since it does not support 88.2 kHz. I can't find a DP-X2, but the DP-X1 does not have a MQA decoder or renderer. The app on the DP-X1 has, but that cannot be used from other apps.

Dec 20, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #2,047 of 6,183
@Davy Wentzler I'm getting the following error when I try and play Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Greatest Hits. "Error in getStream(): Unauthorized". I've tried playing several other MQA albums with no issues. I can even play this album on the desktop app. Any ideas?

Edit: It appears to only be the first four tracks I can't play. I check on the desktop app and only the 3rd and 4th track are grayed out and not available for streaming. Any ideas why the first two won't stream?

Also anyway you can identify tracks not available for streaming when playing an album like Tidal does?

I can play them all here, must be some country-specific thing where detection of country may be different in the app than on your desktop. Don't know exactly how they do it. I added the check now for displaying the tracks of an album if they are allowed to stream. Will be in next update, thanks.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #2,048 of 6,183
After the update, Dragonfly Red doesn't work anymore on my Samsung Galaxy S9+. Someone here posted about the sample rate getting stuck at 44.1 at max on his Samsungs, something similar seems to be happening to me. Dragonfly only ever lights up green (=44.1). I've seen an "USB failure: Could not submit USB transfer" pop-up twice and once an error about "USB setup" failure.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #2,049 of 6,183
After the update, Dragonfly Red doesn't work anymore on my Samsung Galaxy S9+. Someone here posted about the sample rate getting stuck at 44.1 at max on his Samsungs, something similar seems to be happening to me. Dragonfly only ever lights up green (=44.1). I've seen an "USB failure: Could not submit USB transfer" pop-up twice and once an error about "USB setup" failure.

I can assure you that nothing changed and the Red is my go-to test device. I just used it 5 minutes ago. Please restart your S9 with the DAC connected.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #2,050 of 6,183
I can assure you that nothing changed and the Red is my go-to test device. I just used it 5 minutes ago. Please restart your S9 with the DAC connected.

Sorry, forgot to mention I use UAPP as renderer in BubbleUPnP. When I attempt playback from within BubbleUPnP (for example, a 24/96 file) and switch to the UAPP UI, I see "USB DAC: 44.1kHz File: 96kHz 24bit". It got broken with the update.

Playing exclusively from within UAPP, playback does work with the Dragonfly.

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #2,051 of 6,183
Thank you for the "gift" you have brought us Davy & Co.

You made a smile again with my face with the MQA addin.

Merry Christmas!

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #2,052 of 6,183
Sorry, forgot to mention I use UAPP as renderer in BubbleUPnP. When I attempt playback from within BubbleUPnP (for example, a 24/96 file) and switch to the UAPP UI, I see "USB DAC: 44.1kHz File: 96kHz 24bit". It got broken with the update.

Playing exclusively from within UAPP, playback does work with the Dragonfly.

Aha, I'll check it out!

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #2,054 of 6,183
Aha, I'll check it out!

EDIT2: Somewhat by accident I found out this issue only seems to happen when streaming via mobile network (4G). Only 44.1kHz/16bit tracks play back, albeit only after an uncharacteristically long delay. While in LAN (because MinimServer is directly accessible to both UAPP and BubbleUPnP?) this "DAC-permanently-at-44.1kHz-issue" doesn't happen.

EDIT: Hmm, I just experienced this using the S9+'s HiRes driver too (i.e., no Dragonfly involved but trying to start playback from within BubbleUPnP). UAPP UI saying "DAC: 44.1kHz File:192kHz 24bit".

ORIGINAL POST:
On a very positive note though, the new HiRes driver of the S9+ appears to be working when using UAPP as renderer in BubbleUPnP.
[...]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back