USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 16, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #1,891 of 6,179
I run a short 8" micro USB to micro USB OTG cable between my Galaxy tablet (running UAPP) and Chord Hugo 2 DAC/amp. With SPDIF RCA digital cables, longer lengths of about 1.5m sound better because of reflection effects. Will a 1.5m USB cable be better also, for the same reason?

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #1,892 of 6,179
Could you please turn on USB tweak 2 and see if that helps?

As I mentioned in my first post on this problem, I am using UAPP on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet with a Chord Hugo 2 DAC/headphone amp (micro USB interface). It sounds very good but with what seems to be a strange software bug - the sound quality deteriorates noticeably after a few minutes of play time after initial turnon of the tablet and DAC/amp . I've found that several different actions can each temporarily restore some of the better sound quality: (1) turn the Hugo 2 off/on (probably resets the USB interface), (2) clear the queue, and (3) turn the Galaxy Tab A tablet off/on (resets the USB interface and reinitializes the UAPP software). (3) makes the biggest difference.

Unfortunately neither USB tweak 2 or USB tweak 1 helps. As mentioned, in the area of UAPP settings I have found that clearing the queue does temporarily improve sonic quality, though not to the point it is at initial turnon. Any ideas on how to more permanently correct this problem? I don't like having to frequently reset everything in order to keep the best sound quality.

Could the improvement after clearing the sample queue be a clue that the tablet processor is too slow? The Galaxy Tab A isn't state of the art - it's a 1.6 Ghz quad-core processor, not a Snapdragon. I would consider getting a faster tablet if it could be expected to improve things.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #1,894 of 6,179
I have a bunch of .m4a files on my phone with album art embedded in the files....that the UAPP and Neutron can't read/display. I went through mp3tag and had to click on "Optimize mp4" to process the files so that the album art would display on the programs. Just a tip for anyone wanting to embed files....does anyone know why the UAPP or Neutron couldn't display the album art until it was "optimized"?

Also, are there any plans to make any cool visualizations for this program? Something like analog meters or cool waveforms or something? Also a FILE FORMAT indicator on the screen (aac, mp3, etc.) Something like this:

9109368.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #1,895 of 6,179
As I mentioned in my first post on this problem, I am using UAPP on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet with a Chord Hugo 2 DAC/headphone amp (micro USB interface). It sounds very good but with what seems to be a strange software bug - the sound quality deteriorates noticeably after a few minutes of play time after initial turnon of the tablet and DAC/amp . I've found that several different actions can each temporarily restore some of the better sound quality: (1) turn the Hugo 2 off/on (probably resets the USB interface), (2) clear the queue, and (3) turn the Galaxy Tab A tablet off/on (resets the USB interface and reinitializes the UAPP software). (3) makes the biggest difference.

Unfortunately neither USB tweak 2 or USB tweak 1 helps. As mentioned, in the area of UAPP settings I have found that clearing the queue does temporarily improve sonic quality, though not to the point it is at initial turnon. Any ideas on how to more permanently correct this problem? I don't like having to frequently reset everything in order to keep the best sound quality.

Could the improvement after clearing the sample queue be a clue that the tablet processor is too slow? The Galaxy Tab A isn't state of the art - it's a 1.6 Ghz quad-core processor, not a Snapdragon. I would consider getting a faster tablet if it could be expected to improve things.

Can you please check if you have the parametric EQ or MorphIt enabled? If so, if you haven't purchased these items, they will stop processing after 1 minute.

Nov 18, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #1,896 of 6,179
Davy- Just wanted to mention re the latest 4.5xx iteration, my FiiO X5III is way faster in Tidal.

IOW, when I choose to play a song and hit the play button, my unit seems to "get" the song on the screen and underway 2-3 times as fast as before, much less laggy feeling in this regard. No other changes on my end. And I just have a humble 5Mbs internet and circa 2013 300Mbs router.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #1,898 of 6,179
Davy- Just wanted to mention re the latest 4.5xx iteration, my FiiO X5III is way faster in Tidal.

IOW, when I choose to play a song and hit the play button, my unit seems to "get" the song on the screen and underway 2-3 times as fast as before, much less laggy feeling in this regard. No other changes on my end. And I just have a humble 5Mbs internet and circa 2013 300Mbs router.

Hmm.. not sure what could be the cause of that, but if it's better than that's good I guess!

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #1,899 of 6,179
I do have parametric EQ enabled, but I did purchase it, and I can certainly tell that it continues to influence the sound.

I have never heard of such a problem before to be honest. Glitches, noise, stuttering, yes, but degradation of sound which is solved by clearing the queue is beyond anything I can comprehend. Could you please enable 'Logging to file', then restart the app, playback and as soon as the issue starts, stop and exit the app. Then send the UAPP.txt file from the UAPP folder to info AT extreamsd.com mentioning this thread.

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,901 of 6,179
I have never heard of such a problem before to be honest. Glitches, noise, stuttering, yes, but degradation of sound which is solved by clearing the queue is beyond anything I can comprehend. Could you please enable 'Logging to file', then restart the app, playback and as soon as the issue starts, stop and exit the app. Then send the UAPP.txt file from the UAPP folder to info AT extreamsd.com mentioning this thread.

Excuse the ignorance, but how do I actually exit and restart UAPP? It seems to always be operating in the background.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #1,905 of 6,179

Users who are viewing this thread

Back