USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 11, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #1,201 of 6,175
Updated the G5 to Android 7.0 and so far seems to be working better than ever.  The software volume only controls a limited range when the screen is off and in hardware volume mode still, but that actually works out alright, better than the normal LG 'hi-fi' volume control anyway.  At least it isn't taking photos when I change volume any more.  

Mar 18, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,203 of 6,175

The widgets are now sort of resizable now, but no, not that. A 'bit-perfect when possible' option is on top of the list.

Hello Davy,

any news about the 'Bit-perfect when possible' option?
Or is there a workaround till release ?

For the moment in random mode, playback stop when the selected file is beyond the dac's supported format (24/96 for hrt microstreamer)

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #1,205 of 6,175
Hi Davy,

Can you confirm if UAPP downsamples all audio above 16/44 on fiio x5iii/x7?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/828402/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-2x-akm-4490-balanced-out-dsd-dxd-dts-android-dual-card-slot/5355#post_13356557

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,206 of 6,175
  Don't know if anyone's noticed this, but after pressing "Party shuffle" for an entire folder the popup that shows the files being added tells you the progress percentage at the left, below the progress bar, in the format "nn%", and again the progress percentage at the right, in the format "nn/100". I think the idea was to show the exact number of files being added at the right side, and not the same percentage we could already see at the left side? :D

Another thing about Party Shuffle: it's always combined with the Repeat functionality, though the UI makes them look like independent options. It would be nice if the shuffle stopped after playing all the songs once, unless I specifically also enable Repeat. The way it's implemented now it just keeps going and going.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #1,207 of 6,175
Help.

I'm using UAPP with my HTC m9 with Nougat, playing through a Mojo. I love the sound but have 1 big problem.

I can get the app to recognise the Mojo through USB and I can have the USB to charge the phone, but I can't do both.

If I adjust the developer settings for USB to "audio only" or "MPT" I get the Mojo recognised and working with the app, but the charge won't work when plugged in. If I set it to "charge only" it charges but UAPP does see the DAC.

How can I have the best of both worlds and have the USB charging when needed and working with UAPP and the Mojo when needed.

Fred

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #1,208 of 6,175
@fredholmes - in my experience it is not uncommon to not be able to use OTG devices and charge at the same time. There are some OTG hubs that claim to be able to do this by using some sort of switching/resistor arrangement but when you read reviews for them it is often said they don't work. I think this is just the way the hardware is set up.

I now use a Galaxy S7E so I at least have the option of wireless charging whilst using USB OTG.

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #1,209 of 6,175
Sorry. You've misunderstood. I don't want to charge at the same time as using OTG. I just want to be able to take out the OTG cable from the Mojo - using UAPP and then plug into charge. If I do that having established the link with UAPP - the phone doesn't recognise the charge cable and won't charge. The only way to then charge is to reboot. I don't want to reboot my phone every time I want to charge or use UAPP.

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #1,210 of 6,175
Sorry. You've misunderstood. I don't want to charge at the same time as using OTG. I just want to be able to take out the OTG cable from the Mojo - using UAPP and then plug into charge. If I do that having established the link with UAPP - the phone doesn't recognise the charge cable and won't charge. The only way to then charge is to reboot. I don't want to reboot my phone every time I want to charge or use UAPP.
That sounds like a firmware issue with your phone.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #1,211 of 6,175

Understand now. Not an issue I've ever had with UAPP personally, have you tried force closing UAPP in the main settings menu, that often works for me when UAPP won't release my DAC for system audio playback, possibly UAPP holding onto the USB port.

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #1,213 of 6,175

I think the thing you need is going to phone settings and applying required USB behaviour setting. As you know when you connect something through OTG to the Android, there pops up a menu and asking how to behave. Charging, file transfer, media etc.. this can change from phone to phone. After disconnecting your DAC, just find that menu (it will be available if you have opened developer settings on Android)

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #1,214 of 6,175
Hi Davy,

UAPP isnt seeing the 2nd external SD card on the Fiio x5iii, any ideas on this?

Also hardware buttons are not working. I have tried enabling the hardware button options within UAPP but still cant get them to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back