USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 2, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #706 of 6,175
Which setting do you recommend Davy? The native device sample rate must also involve resampling if it is different to the majority of the music (which it seems to be based on the coloured light on a Dragonfly) so I assume you recommend 44.1. In that case should we keep our music to being all 44.1 and lose high resolution capabilities?

Thanks for your input!

It all depends...

If your device has a native sample rate of 44.1kHz:
* Fixed 44.1kHz -> perfect choice: every other sample rate will use UAPP's sample rate conversion (soxr library)
* Device native: same
* Variable: worse quality for anything other than 44.1kHz since you'll be using Android's SRC

If your device has a native sample rate of 48kHz:
* Fixed 44.1Khz: for 44.1kHz audio, Android will SRC to 48kHz, for all other sample rates, UAPP will SRC to 44.1kHz, then Android will SRC to 48kHz (unless the audio was in 48kHz, which is rare)
* Device native: UAPP will SRC to 48kHz, Android will not SRC
* Variable sample rate: Android SRC will be used (except for 48kHz material)

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #707 of 6,175
Thanks so much for
Thanks so much for trying to address this. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by upper right corner of the Tidal screen. Are you referring to the UAPP tidal screen? If so, I have already gone into and checked the settings. I have also set the Tidal app settings to HiFi as well.

In UAPP, select the Orange button, select Tidal from the top menu and then at the top right you should either see a text called 'Quality' or a menu (3-dots) where you can select Quality.

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #710 of 6,175

It all depends...

If your device has a native sample rate of 44.1kHz:
* Fixed 44.1kHz -> perfect choice: every other sample rate will use UAPP's sample rate conversion (soxr library)
* Device native: same
* Variable: worse quality for anything other than 44.1kHz since you'll be using Android's SRC

If your device has a native sample rate of 48kHz:
* Fixed 44.1Khz: for 44.1kHz audio, Android will SRC to 48kHz, for all other sample rates, UAPP will SRC to 44.1kHz, then Android will SRC to 48kHz (unless the audio was in 48kHz, which is rare)
* Device native: UAPP will SRC to 48kHz, Android will not SRC
* Variable sample rate: Android SRC will be used (except for 48kHz material)

Thanks so much. It seems to me that "device native" is the best bet then

Aug 3, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #712 of 6,175
Thanks for the new renderer service. Already use UAPP on a tablet as a player for main stereo but now can control from Bubble on other android devices. Also works as Open Home renderer. So far the only issue is, when using TIdal, only top few tracks from Bubble generated playlist get passed on to UAPP..

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #713 of 6,175
  Thanks for the new renderer service. Already use UAPP on a tablet as a player for main stereo but now can control from Bubble on other android devices. Also works as Open Home renderer. So far the only issue is, when using TIdal, only top few tracks from Bubble generated playlist get passed on to UAPP..

Do you mean that it just stops after a while? Note that only two songs at a time (for gapless playback) are passed to UAPP from a UPnP control point.

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #715 of 6,175
No, first playback 2 songs, then it will send a new song when it reaches the end of a song. Please contact us at info AT extreamsd.com so we can look into it further.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #716 of 6,175
I know this request doesn't really relate to UAPP directly but I am hoping someone may be able to help.

I am currently using a Moto G3 with the Audio quest Dragonfly Red. When at home streaming Tidal over Wi-Fi I use UAPP to the Dragonfly, which sounds fantastic by the way. However when out and about I disable UAPP to listen to Tidal in offline mode. I can do this directly from the Moto 3's headphone jack, not the greatest sound quality, but no matter what I can't get the Tidal feed to my Audioquest USB DAC without using a player app, which will not work using Tidal in offline mode. See my conundrum? Any suggestions as to how to get Tidal to my USB DAC without UAPP or some other player?

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #717 of 6,175
Problem: Cannot access settings / No settings icon

Request: Keyboard Shortcut (like if I press "S" on keyboard will turn Shuffle to "On") .

On my android box could not configure my usb Dac since I could not access the settings menu. I know this a manufacturer problem on their Android implementation. My little request is if you could add a keyboard shortcut like pressing "S" for turning shuffling on. With this we could have other ways to access settings and/or other commands.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 6, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #718 of 6,175
any version with a 'source direct' sort of option which bypasses and sets optimal bit perfect setting with a single touch ? I am saying this beacuase with every update the settings are getting more complex.

Aug 10, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #719 of 6,175
As a fan of classical music I would like to request a folder selection with correct sort order.

- direct folder selection e.g. from sdcard does not provide the correct sort order
- direct folder selection from samba or DLNA server not possible (play all from one folder or subfolder)
- internal DLNA renderer with BubbleUPNP buggy (clicks, gaps, jumps) and very battery consuming (wifi)
- internal database does not provide  a folder view

Classical tracks can have conductor, composer, soloist, orchester etc. as an artist. Sometimes different on one album.
So you have to sort everything as you need it in your own folder structrure (e.g. everything from Leonard Bernstein as a conductor).

I have explained it to Davy but he refuses. I don't know whether any one else would be interested in a clean and working folder selection.
For me, UAPP is very hard to use.

Aug 10, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #720 of 6,175
Is there a way to playback a playlist (or other groupings like album, genre, etc) in shuffle mode so you don't have to start from a specific track? It'd be nice to have a menu option when viewing the list of playlists so you don't have to go in, scroll through, randomly choose a track and then press shuffle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back