USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 17, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #466 of 6,177
Can anyone tell me how get google play music to play through bubble upnp to UAPP? I have purchased both apps and have linked my GPM account to bubble so I can at least get GMP to play through bubble but dont know to get UAPP to be the player.

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #467 of 6,177
Can anyone tell me how get google play music to play through bubble upnp to UAPP? I have purchased both apps and have linked my GPM account to bubble so I can at least get GMP to play through bubble but dont know to get UAPP to be the player.

Once Bubble up n running go to UAPP and select UPnP as the source.

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #468 of 6,177
Thanks got it up and running now. I did try hiby with bubble but hiby kept giving me a server error so I gave up.

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #469 of 6,177
Thank you for your answer. I was about to change my galaxy s6 for a more usb friendly phone but this is a game changer for me.

Just curious, is it Tidal the chosen because it's open to be used with third party apps or is it a collaboration between both of you?

It was chosen by popular request and because it was accessible.

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #470 of 6,177
Using UAPP on a nexus 5X I cant stop UAPP from running in the background, not music but the app. I cant swipe it away in the notification bar, with bubble running aswell I have to click that and it expands slightly to reveal a arrow pointing right, hit that and its gone. Doing this with UAPP just goes back into app, I have to force close it to stop it running.

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #471 of 6,177
  Using UAPP on a nexus 5X I cant stop UAPP from running in the background, not music but the app. I cant swipe it away in the notification bar, with bubble running aswell I have to click that and it expands slightly to reveal a arrow pointing right, hit that and its gone. Doing this with UAPP just goes back into app, I have to force close it to stop it running.

I think UAPP behaves differently depending on the device used, with my Sony Z3c (lollipop) Tidal (flac) only works without stuttering if the Tidal app is also open....

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #474 of 6,177
Tidal seen to be having some problems, users from several platforms reporting stuttering.

Also, thank you once again Davy, using this on my Nexus 6P to avoid Android resampling behaviour.

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #476 of 6,177
I was getting the skipping behavior via an external DAC, but I'm not sure this is app. When I picked up the LCD-4 on loan today the dealer mentioned many having problems with Tidal stuttering (desktop PC and Macs included).

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #478 of 6,177
Tidal seen to be having some problems, users from several platforms reporting stuttering.

They probably cannot handle the load anymore now UAPP supports Tidal...
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #479 of 6,177

I am also having the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" tablet.  As you say, going into the normal Current Apps screen and choosing to close UAPP appears to close it:  a second visit shows no active apps, but sure enough UAPP is still sitting in the Notifications area.

Running Android 5.0.2

This is while simply using UAPP with files on an SD card, or wirelessly from an HD attached to my Router.

Very annoying.

Otherwise super-pleased with my recent purchase of UAPP, Oppo HA-2 and Oppo PM-3 headphones.

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #480 of 6,177

I am also having the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" tablet.  As you say, going into the normal Current Apps screen and choosing to close UAPP appears to close it:  a second visit shows no active apps, but sure enough UAPP is still sitting in the Notifications area.

Running Android 5.0.2

This is while simply using UAPP with files on an SD card, or wirelessly from an HD attached to my Router.

Very annoying.

Otherwise super-pleased with my recent purchase of UAPP, Oppo HA-2 and Oppo PM-3 headphones.

That screen closes so-called 'Activities', not apps. Since there is no way to discern whether the 'close' event comes from that screen or simply Android closing the activity (for instance when running low on memory or switching off the screen), we cannot simply stop the background service and therefore the whole app.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back