USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 6, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #2,926 of 6,188
Why do I get two different sampling rates even though bit-perfect is enabled?

Screenshot_20190806-091943_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #2,928 of 6,188
Hi again.

Ive got some new questions about how AUPP works.
On the same song, with 2 different phones:

This one is from a Xiaomi Mix, mqa encoder purchase
pnhNovW.jpg

This is from a LGv30

ioj5H4s.jpg

Why the direct changes?
Why the LG dont have the blue light?

Probably this question is already a thousand time answered, but I cant find any clues about this

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #2,929 of 6,188
Hi again.

Ive got some new questions about how AUPP works.
On the same song, with 2 different phones:

This one is from a Xiaomi Mix, mqa encoder purchase

This is from a LGv30

Why the direct changes?
Why the LG dont have the blue light?

Probably this question is already a thousand time answered, but I cant find any clues about this

http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/mqa

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #2,931 of 6,188
Is it possible to have an in-app setting that would switch the DAC on Quad DAC LG smartphones from normal impedance (0-50ohm) to high impedance mode? Would that require a rooted device?

Boy...If Davy could do that he would give many. many people have an early Xmas present. That's a dumbly-implemented hardware lock from LG that no software can override....no doubt put in place mostly to letigiously protect from idiot users setting high impedance amp mode, then using 8ohm high sensitivity headphones and blowing out their ears. it's been in place since the V10 so obviously they aren't going to change the policy anytime soon...

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #2,933 of 6,188
I got a another question:

Im using a AQ Cobalt DAC on a Note9.

After reading this, I am confused:

"When a DAC is detected that implements an MQA decoder (for example, the Meridian Explorer 2 or the DAC inside certain LG models), the MQA decoder inside USB Audio Player PRO is deactivated and MQA decoding is performed by the hardware. No green or blue led will be displayed in the app in this situation."

because with me depending on Track, the green, or red LED is on...?!

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #2,934 of 6,188
I got a another question:

Im using a AQ Cobalt DAC on a Note9.

After reading this, I am confused:

"When a DAC is detected that implements an MQA decoder (for example, the Meridian Explorer 2 or the DAC inside certain LG models), the MQA decoder inside USB Audio Player PRO is deactivated and MQA decoding is performed by the hardware. No green or blue led will be displayed in the app in this situation."

because with me depending on Track, the green, or red LED is on...?!

You don't have a LG and you don't have a DAC that can decode MQA. The Dragonflies are MQA renderer's, not decoders. Therefore, they are a perfect fit to UAPP where UAPP does the decoding and the DF the rendering.

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #2,935 of 6,188
OK, thanks.

could you please summarize the optimal audio settings that ensure the best sound quality?

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #2,937 of 6,188
You don't have a LG and you don't have a DAC that can decode MQA. The Dragonflies are MQA renderer's, not decoders. Therefore, they are a perfect fit to UAPP where UAPP does the decoding and the DF the rendering.

In this configuration, the DF would still be limited to output at 96khz, is that correct? Or...with the UAPP app it can out put higher that 96??

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #2,938 of 6,188
In this configuration, the DF would still be limited to output at 96khz, is that correct? Or...with the UAPP app it can out put higher that 96??

I thought that too for a long time, but the DAC inside the DF can do higher than 96kHz. So what happens is that you see 88.2 or 96kHz inside UAPP, UAPP sends the MQA decoded audio to the DF, which still contains info for the MQA renderer, then the MQA renderer inside the DF unfolds it further to a higher sample rate. Unfortunately we cannot query that rate, but if the corresponding led color lights up on the DF, you will know it is rendering to higher sample rates.

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #2,939 of 6,188
Hi uapp newbie here looking for settings advice.

When I play mqa tidal music files I get different direct and file settings displayed

E.g. 88khz direct. 44khz file.

Does this means the file is playing incorrectly?

If so what should I do to correct it.

LG v20 tidal uapp mqa plugin

Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #2,940 of 6,188
Boy...If Davy could do that he would give many. many people have an early Xmas present. That's a dumbly-implemented hardware lock from LG that no software can override....no doubt put in place mostly to letigiously protect from idiot users setting high impedance amp mode, then using 8ohm high sensitivity headphones and blowing out their ears. it's been in place since the V10 so obviously they aren't going to change the policy anytime soon...
I recently got root on my v35 but im having trouble locating where to set HiM to always in the mixer paths file. Maybe UaPP can have a root-only HiM switch option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back