USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 12, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #2,236 of 6,213
Hi Davy, I have searched the thread but not found an answer to the following.

I have the Chord Poly, but I also would like to use UAPP as my weapon of choice. I would like the option to choose the Poly as my playback device, this option I have seen in a few other apps i.e. HiFi Cast, mConnect and BubbleUPNP where both the UAPP Renderer and Poly Renderer is visible, but as yet not in UAPP also support for Chromecast devices

Is this something you have considered implementing?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #2,237 of 6,213
Capture+_2019-01-12-19-54-13.png
Holy Smokes! I just received a V30+ from ebay. This is my first time hearing a full 4x unfolding of MQA through UAPP into my HD 6XX. I am really blown away with both the phone being able to fully power my 6XX, but moreso with UAPP making it possible for the full unfold. WOW!!!

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #2,238 of 6,213
Something interesting happened yesterday, with UAPP on my Onkyo DP-X1.
I had been listening to Spotify, streaming via WiFi - but the WiFi in the NASA building where I work is a bit iffy.
So I switched off the WiFi, and launched UAPP to listen to my CD .flac tracks.
Normally, UAPP plays my CD rips just fine, but I was hearing clicks, pops, and it just wasn't sounding right.
I checked and changed some of the settings, but it didn't help.
What it took, to get UAPP playing correctly again - was to force stop the app, and clear its cache.
Then, when UAPP was restarted (with the settings put back to the way they were before), the .flac tracks played fine again.

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #2,239 of 6,213
Hi Davy, I have searched the thread but not found an answer to the following.

I have the Chord Poly, but I also would like to use UAPP as my weapon of choice. I would like the option to choose the Poly as my playback device, this option I have seen in a few other apps i.e. HiFi Cast, mConnect and BubbleUPNP where both the UAPP Renderer and Poly Renderer is visible, but as yet not in UAPP also support for Chromecast devices

Is this something you have considered implementing?

Perhaps in future since it doesn't give any quality benefit to other apps (unless perhaps sending MQA decoded audio). The first thing I would support is Chromecast which is something different than UPnP. Too bad they just stopped manufacturing the Chromecast audio this week.

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #2,240 of 6,213
Something interesting happened yesterday, with UAPP on my Onkyo DP-X1.
I had been listening to Spotify, streaming via WiFi - but the WiFi in the NASA building where I work is a bit iffy.
So I switched off the WiFi, and launched UAPP to listen to my CD .flac tracks.
Normally, UAPP plays my CD rips just fine, but I was hearing clicks, pops, and it just wasn't sounding right.
I checked and changed some of the settings, but it didn't help.
What it took, to get UAPP playing correctly again - was to force stop the app, and clear its cache.
Then, when UAPP was restarted (with the settings put back to the way they were before), the .flac tracks played fine again.

I have one report of a user saying that UAPP sometimes has a high CPU load. That and this sounds like some thread is running some infinite loop, but until someone can reproduce it, it's impossible to fix.

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #2,241 of 6,213
Perhaps in future since it doesn't give any quality benefit to other apps (unless perhaps sending MQA decoded audio). The first thing I would support is Chromecast which is something different than UPnP. Too bad they just stopped manufacturing the Chromecast audio this week.

Hi Davy,

Would you still develop uapp support for Chromecast Audio even though Google stops the product development?

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #2,242 of 6,213
Hi I have an Onkyo DP-X1 and the latest update of UAPP and playing via iFI iDSD Nano BL with the latest firmware.

I have noticed when playing back Tidal Masters on the app the USB DAC displays 96 kHz maximum regardless of the file size at 96 kHz or above, example below

10225971_thumb.png

Also with file sizes smaller that 88.2/96 kHz these are displayed as 88.2/96 kHz and not as I was expecting 44.1/48 kHz

10225974_thumb.png
10225975_thumb.png

A few tracks do display correctly, for example

10225976_thumb.png

My iFI iDSD, however, does display the correct LED colour - Magenta, during playback

My settings are:
Internal audio driver - HiRes Direct driver
Network chunk size - 64 kB
HTTP client - okHTTP
MQA> Show MQA playback information - enabled
Deep scan - enabled
Internal HiRes audio> HiRes driver flags - non selected
HiRes driver audio format - Auto
Bit perfect mode - on
Buffer size - 65536 frames
USB audio> Upsample - off
Bit perfect mode - on
Limit sample rate - no limit

I am not sure if this is just the USB rate being displayed incorrectly or if indeed the secondary unfolding by the iDSD

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    677.8 KB · Views: 0
  • screenshot 5.png
    screenshot 5.png
    482.3 KB · Views: 0
  • screenshot 4.png
    screenshot 4.png
    552.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    670.7 KB · Views: 0
Jan 13, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #2,244 of 6,213
Hi I have an Onkyo DP-X1 and the latest update of UAPP and playing via iFI iDSD Nano BL with the latest firmware.

I have noticed when playing back Tidal Masters on the app the USB DAC displays 96 kHz maximum regardless of the file size at 96 kHz or above, example below

Also with file sizes smaller that 88.2/96 kHz these are displayed as 88.2/96 kHz and not as I was expecting 44.1/48 kHz

A few tracks do display correctly, for example

My iFI iDSD, however, does display the correct LED colour - Magenta, during playback

My settings are:
Internal audio driver - HiRes Direct driver
Network chunk size - 64 kB
HTTP client - okHTTP
MQA> Show MQA playback information - enabled
Deep scan - enabled
Internal HiRes audio> HiRes driver flags - non selected
HiRes driver audio format - Auto
Bit perfect mode - on
Buffer size - 65536 frames
USB audio> Upsample - off
Bit perfect mode - on
Limit sample rate - no limit

I am not sure if this is just the USB rate being displayed incorrectly or if indeed the secondary unfolding by the iDSD

This is correct. The Onkyo does not have the 88.2kHz rate, so every MQA track is resampled to 96kHz, keeping the MQA rendering information. This 96kHz signal is sent to the USB DAC for further rendering, but since the app cannot know to which frequency it will unfold, it displays the rate at which it is sending the audio to the DAC.

Jan 13, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #2,245 of 6,213
Thanks for your reply.
It was only on seeing that the UAPP Renderer was visible on my network as well as a setting in the app, that and being able to access UAPP and Poly and other servers via UAPP, that I thought it might have been possible.

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #2,247 of 6,213
Probably, yes.
Although Google may not be selling the Chromecast Audio the platform will still exist as manufacturers are building more and more of these features into their device such as TV's and speakers

Jan 13, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #2,248 of 6,213
Using LG G7 One with UAPP at the moment. Curious about which devices will allow 4x or even more unfolds for MQA. Coldplay albums play at 96k direct from 192k and other tracks play from 88.2k direct from 44.1k. Thanks in advance!

Edit : I should add that the LG G7 One also supposedly has Quad DAC from the LG G7 ThinQ. Anyway to implement support for it?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #2,249 of 6,213
Is there a chance that a white background theme or user selectable colour background theme/color could be implemented in the application?

Also, the resolution of my album artwork differs. Some album artworks display file in the "grid" layout whereas some do not seem to stretch properly and appear smaller dimensionally than the others. Other applications seem to stretch these artworks to meet the size of the others. Does UAPP handle album art in a different manner?

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #2,250 of 6,213
I was wondering if people can share screenshot of their Toneboosters Equ settings as im finding it difficult to get the best out of it. Tried reading the manual and it hasn't helped much. Just making a mess of the sound rathed than enhancing it.

Are there a set of presets that can be downloaded ?

Im sure many others would also appreciate this and encourage them to buy the addon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back