USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 26, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #1,847 of 6,195
My friend is using UAPP USB on a Samsung Galaxy Pro tablet (CD music files ripped and transferred from his PC) and is experiencing glitches and sound interruptions. Any ideas on how to fix these problems? I notice that under Settings, there are a few USB Audio Tweaks that claim to address such problems.

As a last resort he tried going back to the built-in Samsung Music USB app in the tablet that he was successfully using prior to getting UAPP. He found that now, with UAPP installed, Samsung Music only plays through the tablet's speakers not USB. Evidently, if it is installed, UAPP disables the Android or Samsung Music USB capability that came with the tablet. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #1,848 of 6,195
My friend is using UAPP USB on a Samsung Galaxy Pro tablet (CD music files ripped and transferred from his PC) and is experiencing glitches and sound interruptions. Any ideas on how to fix these problems? I notice that under Settings, there are a few USB Audio Tweaks that claim to address such problems.

As a last resort he tried going back to the built-in Samsung Music USB app in the tablet that he was successfully using prior to getting UAPP. He found that now, with UAPP installed, Samsung Music only plays through the tablet's speakers not USB. Evidently, if it is installed, UAPP disables the Android or Samsung Music USB capability that came with the tablet. Any ideas on how to fix this?

There can be only one driver active at a time. After exiting the app using the back, the app asks the kernel to reattach the Android/Linux driver, but that usually fails. The only solution is to disconnect and reconnect the DAC. If UAPP starts automatically when connecting the DAC, you need to clear the app's defaults in Android settings -> Apps -> USB Audio Player PRO. The next time you connect the DAC, Android will usually (depending on the Android version and device) ask which app you want to use with the DAC. It's best to either ignore this by pressing the Back button or choose the app, but in the next screen press 'Only once' and not 'Always use'.

For the glitches, he/she needs to contact me by email.

Oct 28, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #1,849 of 6,195
FYI.
Had an issue where every few minutes "Audio Data not received ..." message started to pop up while streaming Tidal HiFi, and music had paused for 3-5 seconds, then returned.
UAPP ver. 4.4.1 on LG V30+ Oreo.

What seems to resolve the issue was a "Rest Network Settings" under Android Settings\Reset.

Oct 28, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #1,850 of 6,195
Hi,

Not quite sure what happened recently but usb audio player pro installed in my car android HU keeps asking if I want "attached usb dac" to be selected as default each time I starts uapp .... I did not have this issue several weeks ago.

As I am using the matrix spdif2 ddc to a 48khz dac via spdif, I will choose to cancel since it is only a usb ddc and not dac when prompted to default to android driver else there will be obviously no sound during hires playback since my dac is not hires.

Please help advise how to stop the prompt when I start uapp and let me know if I am not clear on my issue but believe some members are also using non-hires dac via ddc from their android tablets ... thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Richard

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #1,851 of 6,195
I've been having really good results with UAPP in my Samsung Galaxy Tab A and Chord Hugo 2 USB DAC/ headphone amp with WAV CD music files ripped on my PC and downloaded to the tablet. There is one fly in the ointment, however. Occasionally and gradually the sound will degrade into a sort of unpleasant thinness and hardness. I've found that turning off/turning back on the Hugo 2 seems to cure the problem, presumably by resetting the USB interface and maybe also UAPP. Is there some way of preventing this intermittent degrade process?

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #1,852 of 6,195
I've been having really good results with UAPP in my Samsung Galaxy Tab A and Chord Hugo 2 USB DAC/ headphone amp with WAV CD music files ripped on my PC and downloaded to the tablet. There is one fly in the ointment, however. Occasionally and gradually the sound will degrade into a sort of unpleasant thinness and hardness. I've found that turning off/turning back on the Hugo 2 seems to cure the problem, presumably by resetting the USB interface and maybe also UAPP. Is there some way of preventing this intermittent degrade process?

Could you please turn on USB tweak 2 and see if that helps?

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #1,853 of 6,195
Hi Davy,

Thanks !!! Will try disable usb dac in usb audio tweak then and report back ... fully understand not preferred android driver but no choice as the matrix spdif2 ddc is hires capable, it nicely goes into hires with hires files which I can see on the player gui but it also output hires that my non-hires car processor's dac cannot handle hires and hence no sound .. 44.1khz files have no problem.

Update: sorry for being a noob and I must have somehow missed to click on usb dac option previously, issue gladly resolved albeit not preferred android driver as compared to uapp's but until they ever release hires car processor for needed time alignment, slope, phase and gain.

Thanks again and cheers !

Richard

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #1,854 of 6,195
Hi Davy,

I still have same problem, but I figured it out it happens only when display turns off after 1 minute.
You have any ideas?

Thanks

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #1,855 of 6,195
Question: I notice that compared to Poweramp and Pro Player, UAPP frequently uses incorrect images for album covers (usually band pictures or a generic placeholder image), yet I can find no settings to control this (embedded image vs. folder image, etc.) or to change the image associated with an album like other players do.

How do I change this in UAPP?

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #1,856 of 6,195
I just purchased the UAPP app for my Samsung S7. I'm using it to passthrough music to the Ifi Micro iDSD. I noticed a big difference in the sound between UAPP and the HibyMusic app. Both claims that they can passthrough the music to external DAC. Is it normal to have the differences like this?

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #1,857 of 6,195
Hi Davy,

Will tab be with file types to sort out hires as artist album, genre, artist etc. are great but think not reasonable to miss file types since hires ia one key reason for uapp pro player unless I myself had missed how to do so .. again.

Thanks !

Richard

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #1,858 of 6,195
Hey @Davy Wentzler, UAPP is just awesome on DX200 running the new Oreo 8.1.

This is a picky little thing but just wanted to alert you to if you're not already aware: On Tidal, when I go to favorites > My Tracks > View All, the tracks always go to the order of when I added them. This persists even though I have set the "Sort by..." to Artist. When I hit Artist, which I already selected, it immediately switches the sorting properly to Artist. However, each time I come back to My Tracks it has reverted back to sort by Date Added and I have to hit sort by Artist again. Could you look into this when you get a chance.

Thanks!

Nov 1, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #1,859 of 6,195
Can anyone help me with the native DSD playback on iBasso DX200 in the latest beta version of Android 8.1 ROM?

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #1,860 of 6,195
@Davy Wentzler
Is it possible to implement viewing of all tracks of an artist when searching as in Tidal win app? UAPP only has albums view for an artist and listed tracks when searching based on artist name include tracks from other artists.
i know each album may be added to queue but for many artists i want to listen to top tracks only, not all of them.
E.g.:
upload_2018-11-1_11-13-18.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back