Upgrading my HD25-1 ii amp/cable?
Mar 5, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
i might get a mogami cable single entry, i hope it goes well =)

Please... don't waste your money on cables. If you want a measurable and audible improvement, use a good desktop amplifier. The Dynalo is an excellent amp and can be bought new from Sheer Audio for less than $300. Or you could go tubes with an Elekit TU-882 or Bottlehead Crack. Or, to go another way, get a better source and listen to better recordings. Either way is an actual benefit, as opposed to an expensive cable where the benefit is just in your mind. But if you are going to spend that much money, you might as well get better headphones too. This is where you run into the sad fact that headphones are always the least expensive part of the audio chain... Perhaps a better way to go would be buying a used RS-2 or RS-1 and listen to them right from your computer sound card.

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #17 of 21
yea thanks it all make sense now im trying to sell these or trade them now +cash for a pair of ultrasones :) i was actually reading alot about them since i wanted a can that is good for movies. but then i impulsed buy the hd25-1 =\

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
Please... don't waste your money on cables. If you want a measurable and audible improvement, use a good desktop amplifier. The Dynalo is an excellent amp and can be bought new from Sheer Audio for less than $300. Or you could go tubes with an Elekit TU-882 or Bottlehead Crack. Or, to go another way, get a better source and listen to better recordings. Either way is an actual benefit, as opposed to an expensive cable where the benefit is just in your mind. But if you are going to spend that much money, you might as well get better headphones too. This is where you run into the sad fact that headphones are always the least expensive part of the audio chain... Perhaps a better way to go would be buying a used RS-2 or RS-1 and listen to them right from your computer sound card.

tvrboy, i have shared the same opinion as you for a long time, i even bought the cardas cable for my HD600 and was disappointed by the unnoticable difference between the cables on the 600's.

BUT: ive tried the cardas cable on my hd25s and the sound is very different from the stock stell cable. i always believed that cable sound is vodoo but ive A/B ed them like a hunderd times, and i can hear Reverb Rooms, Panorama Positions and Delays on Recordings  ( this is what ppl consider as bigger sound stage in many cases, it is actually just more detail) better, than with the stock steel cable, which sounds dull and "small" in comparison

i was shocked to say the least, because i was a BIG disbeleiver of cable sound an am still very sceptical but the cardas / stock steel cable A/B on a decent system will have you thinking :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back