UPDATED 2/22 REVIEW 13 USB DAC amp - Predator, Pico, 2/3MOVE, D10 D3 D2 Viper/Boa D1, Lyrix, MicroAmp, Vivid V1, Nuforce, XM5
Oct 18, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #361 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice, HeadphoneAddict. I can't wait for your full impression with the D2000!
biggrin.gif

I can say right now at 62 hours of burn-in that the D3 is fantastic with my APS V2 cabled D2000 - those are the headphones I am burning in the amp with, and they are a great match.

I'm still not going to do comparisons and review till it is done burning in, but I don't imagine this synergy is going to get worse with burn-in.

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #362 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have to borrow Skylab's 2MOVE again for that. Sorry.

You would be welcome to do this anytime, just PM me.

Since I had another head-fier "borrow" an amp from me and not return it (!!), I no longer loan out my gear, but in your case Larry I would make an exception no problem.

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #366 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dunno - we can't review everything everywhere...

You have spoiled us so yes you must.
smile.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #367 of 1,096
I got over 123 hours on Energizer AAA, still going strong when I left to pickup kids from school but dying and distorted by the time I got home at 124.5 hours I threw those out and switched to new Rayovac rechargables that turns out were too weak and amp wouldn't turn on. So I'm charging them and can continue burn-in when I return home at 5:30 (assuming charging is done).

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #368 of 1,096
@HeadphoneAddict Could you review P3 also? I currently owned a D2 Boa and already buy a P3 (plan to make P3 as an amp for D2 tho). So what do you think about this combo? Should I sell D2 and go for D3? Thanks in advance .

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #369 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by plumpcheek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@HeadphoneAddict Could you review P3 also? I currently owned a D2 Boa and already buy a P3 (plan to make P3 as an amp for D2 tho). So what do you think about this combo? Should I sell D2 and go for D3? Thanks in advance .

I try to review stuff I am interested in, and I have no interest in the P3. But there is already a good thread by HiFlight on the P3 and he hasn't found any opamps to install that make it sound better than the D3 yet.

All I can say about the D3 at this early stage in the game is that out of the box it sounded as good as my D2 with LM4562/LM6172 opamps, and it is very open and transparent and detailed and powerful. I have not done any comparisons since the first day, until burn-in is complete at the recommended 300 hours; but it didn't have any glaring faults that I felt needed to be "burned-out". I have listened to it every day and like it very much. I can't say whether you should sell the D2 Boa, other than to say it is a good amp and if makes you happy then keep it.

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #370 of 1,096
Hi Headphoneaddict,
I am considering about selling my 2Move to buy a D3; but I was wondering if the upgrade would be worth in terms of sound? I am really interested in the soundstage. Also, do you know if the D3 would go well with the Triple.fi's and the Yuin OK1's?
And how does the D3 compares to your rolled D2? Wich one has better soundstage and SQ? wich one would be better for the mentioned headphones?
Thanks in advance!

Oct 30, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #371 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Headphoneaddict,
I am considering about selling my 2Move to buy a D3; but I was wondering if the upgrade would be worth in terms of sound? I am really interested in the soundstage. Also, do you know if the D3 would go well with the Triple.fi's and the Yuin OK1's?
And how does the D3 compares to your rolled D2? Wich one has better soundstage and SQ? wich one would be better for the mentioned headphones?
Thanks in advance!

I am working on my review now - hope to have it posted by Halloween.

Oct 30, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #372 of 1,096
Muchos dolares?!?!?

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #374 of 1,096
I have written up the part where I listened to my APS re-cabled RS-1 and D2000 with the D3 Python, D2 Boa, Pico and Vivid V1 using those two headphones and a large selection of music.

I still have to listen to the HD600, Edition 9, AKG K240M, Livewires and Klipsch Image, and have to compare the D3 to my Predator and D2 Viper once their batteries are charged.

I do not need to compare to the Micro Stack or Headstage again, since it is clearly above the level of the Headstage; and whatever my findings are for the Pico also goes for the Micro Stack since they were so close. I also can't compare to the 2MOVE because that was a loaner I got 6 months ago and returned after a few days. And I traded the iBasso D1 this summer for an SRD-7 Pro transformer for my stats, so I can't compare that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back