UPDATED 2/22 REVIEW 13 USB DAC amp - Predator, Pico, 2/3MOVE, D10 D3 D2 Viper/Boa D1, Lyrix, MicroAmp, Vivid V1, Nuforce, XM5
Mar 27, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #76 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ouch, 9 hours is long time to be on headphones, i can't stand my hd600 on for more than 2-3hrs. I can listen to er4 all day though
smily_headphones1.gif

seems to me the 2move offers the best bang for the buck. I wonder if i should buy a predator to compare it w/ my 2move and keep the one i like the most...

BTW, which track & timing of the Diana Krall - The Gril in the Other Room are you refering to? I would like to check it out with my 2move. thanks.

I have 4 tracks from that CD I use for testing: title track Girl in the Other Room, Temptation, Black Crow, and Departure Bay.

Mar 27, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #77 of 1,096
Damn, this thread is really really tempting me into getting a Predator, it sounds exactly what I'm looking for, but I recently ordered a UHA3 and it has yet to turn up.

To make matters worse I COULD afford, althought I'd be a little short for a couple of weeks.

This stupid forum, I dunno.

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #78 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a question about how many opamps go in the amp why more than one. From my limited knowledge, in 4-channel amps there is also an opamp in the ground channel = 2 total opamps. This is not 4 audio channels like quadrophonic, but 2 main and 2 ground channels.

See the post above:

I mentioned the LM6172 replaces the LT1364 (near the tip of the battery and by the 3.5mm jacks. I stated the THS4032 replaces the NE5532, which is closer to the tail end of the amp, to the side the battery. You just observe the orientation of pin 1 before you remove them, but if I recall pin one is closest to the 3.5mm jacks on the 1364, and closest to the battery on the 5532.

If the chips you selected are SOIC (SOIC = solder on integrated circuit) and need to go on a single browndog DIP adapter (DIP = dual insertion process). HiFlight sells these pre-soldered for people, so PM him if you are not competant.

thanks heaps addict you answered all my queries. i'll go ahead and order 1x LM6172 SOIC and 1x THS4032 SOIC for the D2. I'll also order a bunch of SO8 to 8-pin DIP Adapters so i can also try out my OPA2111's.SO8 to 8-pin DIP Adapter (p/n 970601) - 970601
these are the right ones yeh?

I read in the other D2 thread about the duel SOIC to 8-pin dip where you solder a opamp on both sides of each adapter ... but i'll leave that for another day :p Speaking of which, do you plan on trying that out?

edit: typo replaced LT1364 with THS4032

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #80 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by wired00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks heaps addict you answered all my queries. i'll go ahead and order 1x LM6172 SOIC and 1x LT1364 SOIC for the D2...

...dip where you solder a opamp on both sides of each adapter ... but i'll leave that for another day :p Speaking of which, do you plan on trying that out?

You mean THS4032 because you already have a 1364.

Someday I'd like to try the dual side with OPA627.

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #82 of 1,096
Nice work Larry, have you given any thougtht at using an AD8620 in the D2? I have one on the way, plus I already received two LM6172 and a couple of THS4032's.
cool.gif

However my D2 only has about 340 hours of burn in and I am waiting for the 400 hour mark before I roll any op-amps.
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #83 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean THS4032 because you already have a 1364.

Someday I'd like to try the dual side with OPA627.

eek.gif

had a panic there, quickly checked my order and i HAD ordered the THS4032... just a typo in this post phew.

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #85 of 1,096
yay got my D2
biggrin.gif

playing my first song on the se530s - Bob marley Live Jamming. Amazing. Crowd cheering and clapping the beat all around me...back up singers sound like they're standing to my right, bob in front and band all around...

Directly comparying with and without the amp? just seems like i have my ears clogged with gunk without it. Im simply amazed how much it opens the headphones up, especially Mid to high just seem much clearer... bass feels warmer. Can't wait to try a few different opamps once its got 300+ hours

I was mostly just expecting the hiss to be gone, but man...everything is enhanced. Oh and speaking of hiss... i can turn the volume to full with no song playing and its absolute silence. mmmmm

Lovin' it
biggrin.gif

Time to burn them both in i guess

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #87 of 1,096
I'm in Montreal, Canada.

Don't worry about the service, I have purchased the Predator Tuesday of this week and it's been delivered to me yesterday..
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Emailed Ray Samuels about the Predator last night. My willpower is pathetic.

Does anyone have any experience ordering from them outside the US?

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #89 of 1,096
Okay thanks.

I'm a little wary about having things sent all the way over to the UK at the moment because for some reason my UHA amp has been held up at customs.

How long does it usually take for RS to reply, by the way?

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #90 of 1,096
Couple of hours..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay thanks.

I'm a little wary about having things sent all the way over to the UK at the moment because for some reason my UHA amp has been held up at customs.

How long does it usually take for RS to reply, by the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back