Upcoming Ultrasone edition 11 and pro 1480i
Aug 31, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #46 of 164
Why does it take so long?

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #48 of 164
Aug 31, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #49 of 164
I think he arrive the next few days. But I have to wait.

Aug 31, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #51 of 164
Aug 31, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #52 of 164
S

From Ultrasone for 979€.
It hopefully shouldn't take to long. For the price they ask. They are so worth it. I do feel a little EQ can go an extremely long way with them though. I love how they sound stock but with the EQ above I do feel the true potential is shown. I listen every now and then with no EQ though as it is really musical and a relaxing listen. I have actually fallen asleep twice with them on my head haha 😂

Aug 31, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #53 of 164
He is a birthday gift for myself. I must be strong when he arrive. I can't buy expensive things all year. I decided against the Audeze LCD-2 Closed Back.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #54 of 164
He is a birthday gift for myself. I must be strong when he arrive. I can't buy expensive things all year. I decided against the Audeze LCD-2 Closed Back.
And honestly, you did a great choice :wink:. The LCD-2 closed back, while it's a great headphone is very heavy, requires a bit of power to be driven properly and I found mids to sound strange. I much prefer the Edition 11 tonality. 😊 And if you ever can try the EQ I've made, im pretty sure it will be very hard to find an upgrade. The Edition 11 while slightly U shaped has a great balance from the lows to highs. The lows arent over emphasized but have great kick, the mids arent pushed too forward and the highs have energy but arent to energetic. The EQ helps balance out the tonality a bit more. It brings the mid bass down while bringing up sub bass, I felt there was more than enough mid bass but sub needed more presence. I brought lower mids up as well as there is a dip by maybe 3 db in the lower mids. This dip helps add a sense of space to instruments and vocals but I feel with an increase of 1.5 db on the lower mids from 250 - 1k just sounds more correct 😊. The high mids, lower treble, treble and high treble I feel are great and don't need any tweaking. But I did say earlier, the Edition 11 doesnt really need EQ. It sounds great the way it is. Extremely inviting and basically most of the time, you'll catch yourself singing without even knowing it :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #55 of 164
How do the Edition 11s compare with the Signature Pros which I own and is one of my favourites? How is the treble on the 11s? Once I tried the the Edition 10s and it was terrible. And what about the Edition 5 unlimited, which I liked, but the treble also seemed off, metallic?

Sep 1, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #56 of 164
How do the Edition 11s compare with the Signature Pros which I own and is one of my favourites? How is the treble on the 11s? Once I tried the the Edition 10s and it was terrible. And what about the Edition 5 unlimited, which I liked, but the treble also seemed off, metallic?
I can't really say. Never tried the Signature pro. But to say that I am comparing them to the Focal Clear, Focal Elegia, Hifiman Ananda, Audeze LCD-2 closed and all the other headphones above and I like the Edition 11 more should say something. Sorry I can't compare it the Sig Pro. But I much prefer it over the Focal Elegia which used to be my go to closed back headphone. Compared to the Edition 10. No competion. The Edition 10 doesn't even come close. It has horrible mids and treble that rape your ear. I hated it. Way to piercing and shouty for me. The Edition 11 has much better balance and a larger soundstage. It simply is one of the best tuned Ultrasone headphones. I prefer it more than the Edition 15. 😊

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #58 of 164
Just to feed my curiosity, can you please share your ED11 number when you open yours? Mine's in the 100s.
Sure. No problem.

Sep 8, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #59 of 164
Ok. Theres something I need to say . These, and I mean THESE. The Edition 11 has some of the most amazing imaging and separation I have ever heard in a headphone! Previously owning the Focal Elegia I thought they were amazing. But the Edition 11 are on a whole different level! It took me some time to discover this but after going through a massive list of music. No headphone apart from Stax and the Meze Empyrean have imaging this good. Now soundstage is big but there are other headphones that have a much wider soundstage but these are still impressive. But it's the imaging that really makes these special. To say that it feels like there is 3 different drivers doing there own thing. I am really falling deeply in love with these. Oh and they are one of the most comfy headphones I have ever worn 😁👍

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #60 of 164
Just received two custom made cables for the Edition 11. One is single ended made of 5N silver, the other balanced with 6N OCC copper (silver plated). I find the pure silver one improves overall balance quite significantly for my taste. This might be a personal preference, but tonal balance-wise, the silver cable tightens up the low end quite a bit, while making mids a bit more forward. The body of the bass however, is reduced which some may not like. Even more surprising is the ED11 takes another step forward in separation and airness. The sound becomes yet more transparent. The balanced OCC copper cable lies somewhere between the stock and the silver one. Driving the ED11 balanced I didn't notice any major changes in sonic character. That said I have not spent too long with the balanced cable yet, so take it will a fair grain of salt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back