Upcoming Ultrasone edition 11 and pro 1480i
Sep 20, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #76 of 164
Great review. I have a few things to point out. About the build. I honestly think maybe try contacting Ultrasone. My ED11 feels solid. Nothing wobbles, headband is smooth and sturdy. All feels great. And about the sound, they do scale with better gear. Maybe in the future you can try another dac/amp :). But other than that, great review :) but I do feel you should try contacting Ultrasone about the 2 pin connector. It shouldnt wobble :/. Mine doesn't.
I fixed it myself with glue. Who knows what they make next broken haha. I have 5-Years warranty. When it get worse, I send it to Ultrasone.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #78 of 164
Anyone know if there is a balanced cable that would be compatible with these at all?

I know that it is possible to get a 2.5 or 4.4 balanced cable pretty easily. Ali Express, Penon Audio and some other stores have heaps of cables. Just make sure the 2 pin is of 0.78mm and there is no ear guide.

ISN Audio is a good start.

AliExpress has some seriously great cables though. You can check out CEMA Electro Acousti Store. They make amazing custom cables for cheap. You can choose a cable, message the seller you want 0.78mm 2 pin. What balanced connection. And ask no ear guides/hook.
Screenshot_20200924-214011_AliExpress.jpg

But I think go to Penon Audio. And check out the ISN Audio cables on there. I have my eye on the ISN Audio AG8. It's their pure silver cable. Pricey but compared to other companies. It could be much more expensive.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #79 of 164
I know that it is possible to get a 2.5 or 4.4 balanced cable pretty easily. Ali Express, Penon Audio and some other stores have heaps of cables. Just make sure the 2 pin is of 0.78mm and there is no ear guide.

ISN Audio is a good start.

AliExpress has some seriously great cables though. You can check out CEMA Electro Acousti Store. They make amazing custom cables for cheap. You can choose a cable, message the seller you want 0.78mm 2 pin. What balanced connection. And ask no ear guides/hook. Screenshot_20200924-214011_AliExpress.jpg

But I think go to Penon Audio. And check out the ISN Audio cables on there. I have my eye on the ISN Audio AG8. It's their pure silver cable. Pricey but compared to other companies. It could be much more expensive.

Inclding HD600 in your search terms can also point you in the right direction. For example: HD600 balanced cable

Oct 19, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #80 of 164
ED11 users, if you feel that vocals can be occasionally nasal and dry, try to move down 1.5-3kHz by 4-5dB and you will likely notice a difference. I prefer a laid back not too shouty high mids but YMMV.

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #81 of 164
^Finally an Ultrasone with proper mids...and you recommend dialing them back down?!!! I’m half-joking btw:wink:
Oh well..I guess most Ultrasone fans will find the mids somewhat forward...then again this may just be one of the first Ultrasones that actually caters to the Sennheiser crowd.

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #82 of 164
^Finally an Ultrasone with proper mids...and you recommend dialing them back down?!!! I’m half-joking btw:wink:
Oh well..I guess most Ultrasone fans will find the mids somewhat forward...then again this may just be one of the first Ultrasones that actually caters to the Sennheiser crowd.

Haha good point - consider me a Metal571 fan. As I get used to the bass, it is the only small tweak I would make, and it is only when listening to some vocals. For instruments, the Edition 11 needs no EQ.

Oct 24, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #83 of 164
Black Sabbath Sabotage with the Edition 11 is a dream to listen to 😁. Been comparing my Avantone Planar and Edition 11. While the Planar is more clearer, more detailed and much more neutral/ true to the recording, damn the Edition 11 are just so so so much fun to listen to. You can get lost in music with them 😁😍🤘😏 Rockin On.

Oct 24, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #84 of 164
I tried this a good while ago and however briefly it was of an encounter, it still left an impression. Mostly because I was expecting something else. I still think the pricetag is a little too aggressive, but if I see them going down in price again (like they did a year ago or so), I’ll certainly be tempted to go for one. This is not the old school Ultrasone:wink:

Nov 5, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #85 of 164
I tried this a good while ago and however briefly it was of an encounter, it still left an impression. Mostly because I was expecting something else. I still think the pricetag is a little too aggressive, but if I see them going down in price again (like they did a year ago or so), I’ll certainly be tempted to go for one. This is not the old school Ultrasone:wink:
I 100%. The price is a bit expensive. But for me. 100% worth it. I have not had any issued with build at all. Amd the sound is just so addictive. Very natural and music while having great balance. I have been using them more and more and I will take back what I said about clarity. The clarity is extremely good. They have a warmth to the sound but vocals, intruments and detail shine through beautifully. If they do come on sale though, check them out for sure

Dec 5, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #86 of 164
Is it just me or have the ED11 an improved bass after 80 hours? I think the bass is stronger than on Day-1 or after 30 hours. On christmas I get the iFi Zen Dac & Zen Can as my new setup. Maybe he improves again.

Dec 5, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #87 of 164
Is it just me or have the ED11 an improved bass after 80 hours? I think the bass is stronger than on Day-1 or after 30 hours. On christmas I get the iFi Zen Dac & Zen Can as my new setup. Maybe he improves again.
Yeah the low end gains a bit more texture and oomph with burn in. Biocellulose drivers need good burn in. Usually low end gets cleaner, harder hitting but then the mids and treble will also start to shine through 😁. So keep using the ED11, it'll just get better. But also remember to power them well. I've been using them daily, the sound is warm yet it keeps heaps of detail and clarity. It's all great things in one headphone. Dynamic? Yes. Fun? Yes. Great detail? Yes. Clarity? Yes. Great mids and treble? Yes. Big soundstage? Yes. Great imaging? Yes. It has the qualities of all great higher end headphones in one. But you'll need to burn them in and give good power for those drivers to give their full potential

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #88 of 164
It has been a long time. I am just wondering how everyone is finding their Edition 11. I recently got a SMSL SH9 paired with a SMSL M500V2 and all I can say is this combo make the Edition 11 sing. The ED11 really scale with more power and better sources, also burn in has seemed to really open things up alot. I love my Edition 11 😁

Feb 4, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #89 of 164
It has been a long time. I am just wondering how everyone is finding their Edition 11. I recently got a SMSL SH9 paired with a SMSL M500V2 and all I can say is this combo make the Edition 11 sing. The ED11 really scale with more power and better sources, also burn in has seemed to really open things up alot. I love my Edition 11 😁

I love him since he arrived. He improves mostly on the Bass impact and power. On my iFi Zen Dac paired with the iFi Zen Can (1,6W unbalanced!), he sounds way better than on my Denon PMA-30.
I use the EQ from my iMac to boost from 4k up to 16k.

But, I additonally bought the Monoprice M1060C. I‘m normally a closed-back fan. I miss that ''in your face'' feeling on the Ultrasone because of the real big and wide soundstage, it sometimes sounds far away.

I love the soundquality from the ED11 and he is still my best headphone.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #90 of 164
I love him since he arrived. He improves mostly on the Bass impact and power. On my iFi Zen Dac paired with the iFi Zen Can (1,6W unbalanced!), he sounds way better than on my Denon PMA-30.
I use the EQ from my iMac to boost from 4k up to 16k.

But, I additonally bought the Monoprice M1060C. I‘m normally a closed-back fan. I miss that ''in your face'' feeling on the Ultrasone because of the real big and wide soundstage, it sometimes sounds far away.

I love the soundquality from the ED11 and he is still my best headphone.
The soundstage is extemely impressive on the ED11. The driver really needs a lot of burn in to shine. I am waiting for a SMSL SH9 to come. 3watts of power unbalanced into the ED11. I was supposed to recieve the amp today but seems like next week haha. I want it to hurry 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back