Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 1, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #242 of 1,751
  My X10 is on its way way as of a few days ago...

Please Tamal, please hate it! 
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #245 of 1,751
I'm just hoping Xduoo gets the fw under control so I'm tempted to try the X10...

That is what I am waiting for.  Meanwhile enjoying my rockboxed x3 with the fiio E12a as my portable setup (actually mostly my relaxing in the living room setup),

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #246 of 1,751
This is probably a dumb question but is "supporting" DSD and "decoding" DSD 2 different things? Their website shows DSD support for this player.

Well, if we talk about a "native" DSD playback support, it is the same thing as decoding DSD without DSD->PCM convertion before/in the DAC. Though, "supporting" DSD (not in a "native" mode), in most cases, signifies the ability of a DAP to play DSD files from your media with converting the source DSD data into PCM stream at a certain stage. What is the difference for a user, then? Only you can answer this question after listening to a ceratin DSD playback/support implementation in a certain DAP... 

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #247 of 1,751

I repeat my question :)

There is no USB DAC feature indication in the specs. I might be wrong but I think that the X10 can't be used as an USB DAC.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #248 of 1,751
  My X10 is on its way way as of a few days ago but DHL as usual is being a PITA in terms of progress -_-

Btw, one of these days I'll have to pick your brain about DAPs. I like my Samsung S5 + ZuperDAC (using UAPP): it sounds great, it supports hi-res files, I can stream tidal. The only problem is that I really don't like "stacks" (even though the ZuperDAC is small, it's not always attached to my phone, and I have to go looking for it). Also, it drains the phone fairly quickly.

So, I realize that a good DAP that sounds great, supports hi-res files, and that can stream tidal may get on my wishlist. But since this OT, I'll just leave it there for now :)

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #249 of 1,751

Btw, one of these days I'll have to pick your brain about DAPs. I like my Samsung S5 + ZuperDAC (using UAPP): it sounds great, it supports hi-res files, I can stream tidal. The only problem is that I really don't like "stacks" (even though the ZuperDAC is small, it's not always attached to my phone, and I have to go looking for it). Also, it drains the phone fairly quickly.

So, I realize that a good DAP that sounds great, supports hi-res files, and that can stream tidal may get on my wishlist. But since this OT, I'll just leave it there for now :)

No worries bud, feel free to pick away! I hate stacks too, unless its waffles :wink: 

FWIW I prefer DAPs over dacs + phone, this way battery lasts longer on phone. Even as a source, using something like Neutron with max settings, battery takes a noticeable hit. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #250 of 1,751

You might want to take a look at the Thebit OPUS #2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back