Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 4, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #271 of 1,751
I'm going to get one too, along with the walnut v2 coming soon, I just hope tomtop finds a way to not take 4 months because I ordered my xduoo x3 last year in january and I recieved it in April, most packages take 3 weeks on other sites. The price is really interesting and I hope the cashback of 6.5 percent on a french site works out, so that makes it 112 euros, so that's pretty good 

I am wondering I saw on those high end overpriced players, that had the ak4490 chip. Will it be double dac chip  if someone gets  an amp with an ak4490 and an xduoo x10, not sure if asking the right question 

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #272 of 1,751

I am wondering I saw on those high end overpriced players, that had the ak4490 chip. Will it be double dac chip  if someone gets  an amp with an ak4490 and an xduoo x10, not sure if asking the right question 

As the AK4490 is strictly a DAC and does not have any amping features, I don't think you'll find an amp that has one in it.

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #273 of 1,751
the XDuoo XD 05 has a dac coder ak4490 so it's not the same thing?  I just clicked buy, nice christmas present to me :) I hope it has a little more menus than the xduoo x3 and the eq is complete, rockbox is not great battery wise on mine.

Dec 4, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #274 of 1,751
If you are going to use a x10 with a XD05. There is no point in using the XD05's DAC functions as they would be redundant. The xd05 is a dac+amp. Not just an amp. Which explains its having an AK chip :wink:

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #275 of 1,751
If you are going to use a x10 with a XD05. There is no point in using the XD05's DAC functions as they would be redundant. The xd05 is a dac+amp. Not just an amp. Which explains its having an AK chip
wink.gif

Thanks I understand better now ^^

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #279 of 1,751
I would like to say again thank you to Tony from XDuoo for this lovely Christmas surprise!

I have not long got back form work so have only managed some pictures but will get to the listening ASAP!

Nice! Please compare x10 with Cayin N5. I prefer N5's sound much more than Fiio X5ii, but N5's noise floor is high for sensitive iems.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #281 of 1,751
Nice! Please compare x10 with Cayin N5. I prefer N5's sound much more than Fiio X5ii, but N5's noise floor is high for sensitive iems.

Will do I have just loaded it up now and had a quick blast but too early yet :)

How long did it take. Can you tell us if xduoo added an eq mode

Tony sent mine about the 9th of November.

As far as I can see there is no EQ but I have only started playing. 

If XDuoo are standing by their opinion of Hi-Fi music player they will not add an EQ as they have always wanted to provide the best quality output and modding it with EQ is not true Hi-Fi in that sense.  
It distorts the true sound the player provides and you should pair it with headphones that suit you and your preferred sound. 

I have had all their players from the X1 and still have that one as design wise for a blind player it is great but I have not really seen anything more than a few pre-sets on the X2.

Anyway back to some listening and I will get back to you later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back