Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Nov 25, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #211 of 1,751

It's a easy one. X10 has the same amount of details as Fiio X5, and it's more musical. DSD hardware decoding. Two SD card slots. These are all M2 and AP100 lack of.

That is incorrect - no hardware DSD decoding. See my post from earlier in teh thread

Their reply was that while they haven't extensively tested DSD, DSD decoding will be a software solution vs a hardware one. Hope that helps.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #213 of 1,751

Really? I thought AK4490 can decode DSD.

Yes, the AK 4490 DAC itself is capable of decoding a DSD stream (and, as far as I read, it does it natively, i.e. without an internal DSD->PCM conversion, contrary to ESS 9018/9018 K2M), as all the modern DAC chips are but the implementation in the X10 does not provide for feeding a "pure" DSD stream from the DAP CPU  to AK 4490. However, it is not a big deal, IMHO. I guess overall SQ and usability are much more important. It would be interesting to see/hear how this inexpensive DAP competes with Shanling M5 and even L&P L5 Pro more costly DAPs using the same DAC (implemented differently, of course:)  

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #218 of 1,751
Hi all.
As some people asked me about the Rockbox port for this upcoming xDuoo player I have asked xDuoo about collaboration (tech info, sample).
The final result will depend on their decision.

Xvortex thanks for caring and contacting them.
And thanks for showing intention for doing x10 port, and for x3 port of rockbox.
Maybe rockbox port could be necessary knowing their software soultion.

I am really interested how the software part will be done on x10.

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #219 of 1,751
Hi all.
As some people asked me about the Rockbox port for this upcoming xDuoo player I have asked xDuoo about collaboration (tech info, sample).
The final result will depend on their decision.

Thanks for your support!

But i still hope that Xduoo learn to walk on their own legs and start doing at least good and bug-free stock firmware on their devices...

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #223 of 1,751
Where n how to get discounted price? I'm getting it for $175 even after adding it to the cart.

I am assuming you are trying on AliExpress.
Seller must be AK audio or **** earphones store.
You have to order it, but you must not finish paying for it.
Then it will be in your orders list as unpaid.
Then contact seller about discount you saw on facebook.
Wait a day for his answer and message about lowering the price, then finish the payment of unpaid order in reduced price and profit.

I also saw that discount is limited so hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back