Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 7, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #348 of 1,751
Dec 7, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #355 of 1,751

Argh! No EQ 
frown.gif
 hmmmmm...

I'm with you, vapman.  I run Rockbox on my X3 with my custom corrective EQ curves for my HD598 cans.  It makes such an improvement  that I can't really imagine life without EQ now.  Of course, XVortex has indicated that he may create an X10 port, in which case we'll be in business, albeit probably with the 16-bit limitation.

No EQ. As far as X3 goes, X10 is clearer, tighter and more technical while retaining xduoo's musicality, has superior dynamics, superior separation, superior layering, superior detail retrieval and overall is a lot more realistic sounding.

Wow.  I always thought of the X3 as awesomely clear, tight, and technical!  "More realistic sounding" is exactly what I'm looking for.  At times I feel that the X3 sounds a bit lean.   I'm not sure if it's a lack of harmonics, or the speed of the filter roll-off, or what, but with some recordings I've even found that my muddier Wolfson iPod sounds more full-bodied and present.

Thanks for the listening impressions.  More, please!

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #356 of 1,751
I'm with you, vapman.  I run Rockbox on my X3 with my custom corrective EQ curves for my HD598 cans.  It makes such an improvement  that I can't really imagine life without EQ now.  Of course, XVortex has indicated that he may create an X10 port, in which case we'll be in business, albeit probably with the 16-bit limitation.

Wow.  I always thought of the X3 as awesomely clear, tight, and technical!  "More realistic sounding" is exactly what I'm looking for.  At times I feel that the X3 sounds a bit lean.   I'm not sure if it's a lack of harmonics, or the speed of the filter roll-off, or what, but with some recordings I've even found that my muddier Wolfson iPod sounds more full-bodied and present.

Thanks for the listening impressions.  More, please!
I have an hd598. I might try these. Thanks preset eq are easier

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #357 of 1,751

I am literally trying not to lose my **** at how fricking good this combo sounds! Je***!

xDuoo X10 => FiiO A5 => Sennheiser HD600 +  Venture Electronics HD600 cable (balanced cable with single ended adapter - cable is pretty good too).

I have my HD 6xx and x10 on the way. So excited. Hope my topping nx3 will be a good enough amp.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #358 of 1,751
OMggg...i accidentally hit the BUY button.  

Thank you for shopping with us, your order has been placed!

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #359 of 1,751
doublepost....my keyboard's gone berserk. :p

Dec 8, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #360 of 1,751

Users who are viewing this thread

Back