Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 9, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #381 of 1,751
Well I have seen the xDuoo X3 compared to the FiiO X3. And unless my memory betrays me the xDuoo X3 stands up pretty well to the FiiO X3 for less than half the price.

I ordered a  FiiO X5ii on amazon, but it never came and I am waiting for a refund. So now I have to decide if to buy the FiiO X5ii again (somewhere else obviously) or go with a iBasso DX80 or even a xDuoo X10.

The $320 of the iBasso is as far as I am willing to pay for a DAP.

I have heard that the iBasso is rather analytic, so that is why I went for the FiiO X5ii, or I could settle with a xDuoo X10 or something cheaper if it is any good. Any comments are welcome.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #386 of 1,751
Hello all sorry its been a few days but I can give some feedback now about the X10 by XDuoo.

I have been using the X10 over the last week and would like to share some of the experience with you

The build of the X10 is solid as the X3 was and also without the button rattle when shook.

Nice and rounded in design on the edges that makes it sit in the hand comfortably and the roller wheel is easy to use when in either hand.

Now I have the Cayin N5 and I prefer the wheel on the X10  the N5 wheel size and location can make it a little slippy and better used in the left hand. 

The headphone jack is a snug fit and the button are low profile enough not to get caught on anything, also the SD slots are nicely sunk enough into the body enough to protect the cards.

I have not taken pictures of the interface as for all intense and purposes it is a more pretty version of the X3 with some added functions and pictures. 
(will do more on this later)

Well a head to head listen off using the AudioTechnica M50X was fairly tough

I honestly had issues trying to to pick differences between the two of them it was that close with these headphones.

So I tried my Ostrys 

After some time I began i noticed in a few tracks that the mid range of the N5 sounded a little more full when listening to bands but I have to say this was slight.

Then I dug out the out the headphones I rarely use and not because I dislike them but because if you get the wrong genre of music with these or a badly mixed track they can rip a hole in your head through your ears!

So using the AudioTechnica CKW1000ANV I approached the Doobie Brothers - What a fool believes because it has some nice vocals with classic electronic piano with bleeps and bloops in and backing vocals with a band to boot. 

Now the mid range I already knew about but the X10 and this was only a minor difference it does not mean better or worse its all preference the N5 was also slightly sharper at the top so SSS sounds where more defined and that is it.

Maybe someone with some way better headphones than me can tell more of a difference than I can but the X10 is a real sweet sounding bit of kit.

Few disadvantages would be it does not resume a song when turned back on and works from the start again, some will complain about the lack EQ but with the right set of headphones for you I personally would say you don't need it.

The X10 does not appear to show album art as far as I can tell but have not paid too much attention to that and I went right for listening.

There does not appear to be gapless playback which I was really hoping for but these are just "niggles" as at this price range you are getting something that sounds that good.

A real bonus I found is the volume increments is very low so you have to crank it to get some power or flick the gain button, I can see this being good for people with really sensitive IEMS.

I will keep listening and using and feeding back hope this helps :)

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #387 of 1,751

Few disadvantages would be it does not resume a song when turned back on and works from the start again, some will complain about the lack EQ but with the right set of headphones for you I personally would say you don't need it.

The X10 does not appear to show album art as far as I can tell but have not paid too much attention to that and I went right for listening.

There does not appear to be gapless playback which I was really hoping for but these are just "niggles" as at this price range you are getting something that sounds that good.

A real bonus I found is the volume increments is very low so you have to crank it to get some power or flick the gain button, I can see this being good for people with really sensitive IEMS.

I will keep listening and using and feeding back hope this helps :)

Thanks a lot for those impressions. The X10 continues to sound like a winner.

I am a bit annoyed though about the highlighted niggle. I often am listening to 1 or 2 hour long trance tracks, and it bugs me when they are resumed from the beginning (I know that I could probably rockbox the X10 someday, but I wouldn't want to do that unless the SQ is as good as un-rockboxed). Oh well, not the end of the world.

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #388 of 1,751

Thanks a lot for those impressions. The X10 continues to sound like a winner.

I am a bit annoyed though about the highlighted niggle. I often am listening to 1 or 2 hour long trance tracks, and it bugs me when they are resumed from the beginning (I know that I could probably rockbox the X10 someday, but I wouldn't want to do that unless the SQ is as good as un-rockboxed). Oh well, not the end of the world.

Yes I can see how that would be a bit of a pain but they have aimed for a great sound and I think in the price range they have done flipping awesome. 

Hopefully XDuoo will release firmware to correct these little things as it would polish off the X10 perfectly.  

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #389 of 1,751
  Yes I can see how that would be a bit of a pain but they have aimed for a great sound and I think in the price range they have done flipping awesome

I believe you.

Hopefully XDuoo will release firmware to correct these little things as it would polish off the X10 perfectly.  

Hmm, this is the same company that made the X3, correct?  
cool.gif

Just kidding - I hope they do as well.

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #390 of 1,751

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath, especially if they are talking to Xvortex about a Rockbox port for the X10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back