Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 6, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #316 of 1,751
Xduoo x10 vs zishan dsd?
vs Aune m1s :hushed:
105455eab5uiii68jf6hxl.jpg.thumb.jpg

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #318 of 1,751
OK finally got a little time for the X10. First, I am a bit mad coz I aligned the screen protector perfectly but coz I was a bit careless I ended with two annoying spots. Anyway, I'll use it like that for a while before I change it with the other one. Second, I am still undecided on the wheel - I kinda feel that it could have been made a bit grippier maybe by doubling the number of bumps and keeping them a bit less raised - still a bit early to decide but the other buttons can handle the same functions, so it's not really necessary to use it.
Finally, no pitch error - in fact the pitch is so on point that the rockboxed X3 with the pitch error fixed sounds a bit off in comparison. The hype will be coming soon coz the X10's sq is so good that it doesn't matter if there are UI issues and no more updates.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #320 of 1,751

Finally, no pitch error - in fact the pitch is so on point that the rockboxed X3 with the pitch error fixed sounds a bit off in comparison. The hype will be coming soon coz the X10's sq is so good that it doesn't matter if there are UI issues and no more updates.

Gulp

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #322 of 1,751
  my screen protector on my shanling m1 is put on perfectly but has ton of spots , it doesn't bother me at all :)

Yeah, it's not that bad - just a tad annoying coz now the pics for the review will all be with the spots. Otherwise it's fine coz anyway who cares about the screen on a portable DAP when 99% of the time it's in your pocket

Gulp

Yep

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #324 of 1,751
  Yeah, it's not that bad - just a tad annoying coz now the pics for the review will all be with the spots. Otherwise it's fine coz anyway who cares about the screen on a portable DAP when 99% of the time it's in your pocket
Yep

Let me think of reasons I shouldn't get it. Damn, having problems with that. Ok, here we go:

- I already have the X3. Surely the X10 can't sound that much better??

- there is no balanced output. Surely that is important for me (although I've never heard balanced before)???

- it doesn't stream Tidal. Well, I suppose that might be a bit much to ask in a <$200 dap lol

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #326 of 1,751
Aune m1s vs. X10 @$199

The Aune M1S cost around $250. It would have to sound as good as Summit-Fi DAPs to be worth that price tag. Or least a better UI.

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #327 of 1,751
  And this will also serve as a USB DAC as well? Is the power output comparable to the xDuoo X3 ?

No, can't be used as a USB DAC and the power output is about the same.

Let me think of reasons I shouldn't get it. Damn, having problems with that. Ok, here we go:

- I already have the X3. Surely the X10 can't sound that much better??

- there is no balanced output. Surely that is important for me (although I've never heard balanced before)???

- it doesn't stream Tidal. Well, I suppose that might be a bit much to ask in a <$200 dap lol

Decisions, decisions 
biggrin.gif
... but I'll drop that bomb - the X10 kinda makes the X3 sound bad.
Aune m1s vs. X10 @$199

Don't know about that but my Gigaset Me has the same DAC and yeah implementation is important and a dedicated DAP might use the chip better but the X10 is a different beast. 
I kinda want to leave my thoughts for the review but... the dynamics, man... the dynamics! 

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #328 of 1,751
Thanks for sharing, guys.  The initial impressions are exciting.  I look forward to hearing more, especially comparisons to the X3 and other players.

Quote:

In comparison ,the Line out sound quality sounds a bit more airy up top and paired with an exceptional portable amp such as the FiiO A5, it makes for an amazing portable package that is sure to leave you scratching your heard wondering how something small sounds so darn good!

That's exactly how I feel about the X3 outputs.  Line Out is more open or airy.

Can somebody confirm whether there is EQ functionality in the firmware?

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #329 of 1,751
No EQ. As far as X3 goes, X10 is clearer, tighter and more technical while retaining xduoo's musicality, has superior dynamics, superior separation, superior layering, superior detail retrieval and overall is a lot more realistic sounding.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #330 of 1,751
  No EQ. As far as X3 goes, X10 is clearer, tighter and more technical while retaining xduoo's musicality, has superior dynamics, superior separation, superior layering, superior detail retrieval and overall is a lot more realistic sounding.

Have you ever heard the Xuelin 770?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back