Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #3,544 of 3,931
So, whats the average waiting time for simple reshell at this point? (Excluding CNY)

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #3,545 of 3,931
Quote:
from the um.com fb - 'Unique Melody
As you guys probably know, a new product is coming soon. 3 dynamic drivers per ear! I wonder what's a good name for it.'

biggrin.gif
oh wow

'Triaphragm'
'Trinamic'

?

I dunno. Sounds like an interesting product, though, provided there aren't major phase alignment issues with using 3 dynamic drivers.

I look forward to hearing more, but my main gripe with dynamic CIEMs is that they invariably require a port on the exterior faceplate, to allow the woofer to 'breathe' properly within the enclosure. That's all well and good until one is walking the streets on a windy day and then the port whistles like crazy (I'm particularly thinking of my MG6Pros, but the point still stands with ported CIEMs from other vendors).

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #3,548 of 3,931
DynaMore
Dynamica
DynaMix
DynaMax
DynaMight
DynaWave
DynaMonitor
DynAudible
Dyn-IEM

('DynAudio' is not an option, since it's an existing Danish hi-fi manufacturer, and some of the others might also be in use, but I'm not currently aware of it)

...but my guess is that UM will just choose an ordinary name which doesn't bother to make it obvious that it utilises 3 dyamic drivers.

Feb 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #3,549 of 3,931
'Triaphragm'
'Trinamic'

?

I dunno. Sounds like an interesting product, though, provided there aren't major phase alignment issues with using 3 dynamic drivers.

I look forward to hearing more, but my main gripe with dynamic CIEMs is that they invariably require a port on the exterior faceplate, to allow the woofer to 'breathe' properly within the enclosure. That's all well and good until one is walking the streets on a windy day and then the port whistles like crazy (I'm particularly thinking of my MG6Pros, but the point still stands with ported CIEMs from other vendors).

re: dd + port. I have a pair of Merlins and the vent only makes noise when you'd otherwise get very strong wind noise just from your ears alone. (the vent it recessed, without sharp edges and with an acoustic filter in the tube that leads to it).

it's not as good with isolation or wind as sealed ba ciem I have from UM, but I also don't get discomfort from occlusion if there's a vent. so imo it's an acceptable minor trade-off.

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #3,550 of 3,931
Feb 6, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #3,555 of 3,931
It seems Unique Melody is releasing a triple dynamic CIEM. I created a new thread for it here :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/649836/new-unique-melody-triple-dynamic-ciem-announced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back