Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #466 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or would you have to say "I want you to go have this goop squirted in your ears at the audiologist, but I can't tell you why"?
wink.gif

Let's call it "ear-job" lol.

Nov 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #467 of 3,931
Fantastic information thank you Bakhtiar. I feel a bit dirty having had a man give me what looks to be a pretty impressive 'ear-job'.

Nov 23, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #468 of 3,931
In other news, my remolded X10's got to Los Angeles today from Singapore. Hopefully only a couple more days to get from LA to Denver. (Though every time I make an estimate of when I'll have them, it's longer than I thought.)

Nov 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #470 of 3,931
I'm having customs made soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Going with a tf10 and getting a driver added to get the ue11pro sound.
Adding custom artwork too.
smily_headphones1.gif
check it out y0.
This art may draw out some death stares from ipod users.
toocool.jpg

I'm thinking about going ipod white too
(p.s. I'm aware that they only print in one colour. I have a steady hand and acrylic paint
biggrin.gif
)
I'm thinking have the left image show a left ibud, and the right image show a right ibud
smily_headphones1.gif

Or maybe an Ibud in flames on one of the ears.

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #473 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also got my impressions today, **** IT HURT.

The worst thing for me is the gag reflex when the audiologist crams the wad in your ear-canal
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #474 of 3,931
It's more the insertion of the dam thats horrid. the squirting of the silicon was like...ok...i could deal with that again...the dam part...my eyes were watering lol...she was like... want me to stop...im like no keep going i want the best fit i can get.
Also told me i have pretty straight canals. dunno if thats good or bad tho.

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #475 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having customs made soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Going with a tf10 and getting a driver added to get the ue11pro sound.
Adding custom artwork too.
smily_headphones1.gif
check it out y0.
This art may draw out some death stares from ipod users.
toocool.jpg

I'm thinking about going ipod white too
(p.s. I'm aware that they only print in one colour. I have a steady hand and acrylic paint
biggrin.gif
)
I'm thinking have the left image show a left ibud, and the right image show a right ibud
smily_headphones1.gif

Or maybe an Ibud in flames on one of the ears.

Why don't you just get some full color decals made? That way, if you don't like how they turn out, you can always take them off. Any print shop that does vinyl graphics for cars and such should be able to help you. There are also places online that do only decals.

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #477 of 3,931
Well I chickened out of getting my JH13's done after Lil' knight opened my eyes regards warrantee issues (thanks Lil' knight
beerchug.gif
) So JHA have re-done them using new impressions I sent but it still cost me $150 as I was out of the re-fit period & I went for a different colour, still got the warrantee though.....

I will be sending off my W3's to UM as soon as the JH13's get back here. Anyone else had their W3's done??

Nov 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #479 of 3,931
Has anyone here actually had custom TIPS made with UM instead of reshelling the whole iem? Their pricing seems pretty good too. My rationale is, i can at least get a taste of what customs isolate like, and if i don't, i don't stand to lose that much (since it's only a tip)
Most importantly, my se530s are still under warranty and i think i'd like to keep them that way (until it does run out) lol.

The isolation is really the main reason why i wanna give this a go, so if it's not going to give me gains in that area, i probably won't bother then.

Any thoughts?

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #480 of 3,931
^ Sure I'll bite. I have only just sent my SE530's off to be customized so haven't heard the results. Given posts here and elsewhere, I am confident that they will return to me better than they have ever been. You sound like you're pretty happy with your Shures so far, which is excellent. Personally I've have had nothing but problems with mine. They sound great, but the damn things are so very specialized in falling apart, I really can't fathom that Shure haven't offered direct replacements/recalls, but I suppose that's another discussion being had in another thread (or two). I'm in Aus so maybe things are handled differently here by their distributor...

That aside, my advice is save a bit extra and treat yourself to the custom experience. It's really pretty inexpensive, and assuming you find a good audiologist who understands what you are trying to achieve in terms of your mold you're going to love them. No more stuffing about with tips, and lets face it - your warranty from Shure is only as good as the cheapest aftermarket cable you can find (which will likely be cheaper than paying for postage for your 'warranty' claim anyway).

What are the chances that you're going to regret getting custom IEM's?

Do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back