Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #496 of 3,931
I like that purple too. That's what I ordered. I'm waiting anxiously. Mine was shipped from Singapore around the 20th, tracked in L.A. on the 23rd, but I haven't seen it yet. Probably delayed because of Thanksgiving. Soon hopefully.

EDIT: Got a sticky note on my door that they need a signature. They are being held for pickup anytime after 7 a.m. tomorrow. :)

Nov 30, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #498 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does UM allow for re-fits?

Yes. They have a written warranty sheet that comes with the remolds. The refits are for 30 days I believe.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #500 of 3,931
Guys, I have to agree; I think the purples are my favourite. Should have got my Shures in that colour too. Still, it's nice to have some variation
smily_headphones1.gif

Spud - I'm not amazing with the camera; I find you always get better pics if you use some form of ambient light and disable the flash on your camera.

On a side note, I see that you do/did custom cables. If you still do these (I'm looking for a 3.5mm female to 3.5mm male) please can you PM me
smily_headphones1.gif
I like to wander a bit while wearing my 'phones.

Ta

PS If anyone wants any more details on the UM remoulds, just let me know:

-----

I will say that the cable on the purple reshells isn't really to my liking. I asked for their cheapest custom cable (it was $24) - forgotten the name; someone listed all the cables a few pages back. I wanted to be free to use this in the gym/on the bike without feeling guilty.

Anyway, compared to the UE11 cable (which is on the grey remoulds), it's very stiff and there's a degree of microphonics from the covering. Also, the black 'memory wire' looking stuff near the shells is actually 2 layers of heatshrink/rubber material of increasing thickness. Essentially, this means that it just curls how it likes, rather than you being able to fit the cable to your ears.

Just a small bit of info, but I want to provide as much info as possible in English for any prospective english-speaking customers!!

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #502 of 3,931
Unique melody would have to run some tuning and tests before finishing the monitor for you. Unfortunately, adding the driver will not render them to become as Mage as the crossover board, drivers, and tuning are different.

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #504 of 3,931
I picked up my purple X10's at the post office this morning.
normal_smile .gif
I'll post pictures tonight. The build quality is great, which seems to be the theme for UM.

I'd like to give it a couple of days before I comment on the sound and fit. Early signs are promising. The left one is tight, but I'm hoping that I adjust to it.

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #506 of 3,931
i was impressed with their first email as it was very warm and informative. but when i followed up with questions pertaining to what can be done with my customs. they've started replying very short and nonchalant emails. they have decided not to reply any of my questions, only stating they'd do a reshell for me, following which pushed me to their agent when i requested to deal directly with them, with no explanation whatsoever. i'm not impressed.

Follow up:

i've just called ST electronics which is based in singapore and they're charging a lot more than what UM charges and they're unfamiliar with exactly what UM can do. In other words, they're clueless agents. US$115 for a reshell at ST electronics not inclusive of postage.

how did you guys deal direct with UM without getting various people from their company directing you elsewhere?

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #507 of 3,931
A couple of shots of purple X10's:

4152622234_1b2b35e0db.jpg

4152622226_eb52caa473.jpg

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #508 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was impressed with their first email as it was very warm and informative. but when i followed up with questions pertaining to what can be done with my customs. they've started replying very short and nonchalant emails. they have decided not to reply any of my questions, only stating they'd do a reshell for me, following which pushed me to their agent when i requested to deal directly with them, with no explanation whatsoever. i'm not impressed.

Follow up:

i've just called ST electronics which is based in singapore and they're charging a lot more than what UM charges and they're unfamiliar with exactly what UM can do. In other words, they're clueless agents. US$115 for a reshell at ST electronics not inclusive of postage.

how did you guys deal direct with UM without getting various people from their company directing you elsewhere?

I deal with Sam, one of their executives directly on MSN. However he is not on all the time. I have to admit that the opportunities for communication is rather low, but he's willing to sit in front of his computer talking for hours with me if any problems/questions come up. He's a great guy. As for emails is now two people, Sam and another representative that's much more familiar with English. But i find him cold, and not very welcoming most of the time.

Sorry to here you're having such difficulties, if any questions arise. Just throw it in the thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #510 of 3,931
Their email reply is very fast, i used the email on the first post. But the reply are pretty short but all my questions were general so English is no problem for them.

The purple color is amazing..I can't wait for mine to be finished and sent!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back