Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Nov 14, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #406 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using the clear ES cable with my JH13s without any problem. The pins are a little bit different but still fit tightly.

Thanks Lil' Knight, at least If I choose the JHA route I won't have wasted the money on the ES cables I've already ordered.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #407 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure if most of this thread is to go by that it will turn out fine, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you but can understand your worry. I am sending my JH13's (£740) over to them so I'm bricking it
confused_face.gif

Any how, could you answer me a question? What did Fedex cost you? I was just going to use our postal service........ Always thought that Fedex would cost the earth.

Hey spud!

Sorry for the delay in replying - busy few days.

Fedex cost £30 (ouch!) through parcel2go.com with a £5 discount voucher (readily available online). However, sent on a friday and they arrived on the Monday! I also stress less about customs when using a dedicated courier.

Hope this helps.

Also, FYI, still no further communication with UM despite me sending 2 emails. Also added sam on MSN but he's not been online when I have yet (despite being up to 3am for a few nights).

I'll keep the updates coming....

Nov 15, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #408 of 3,931
I checked out DHL (local Staples store) and they also wanted nearly £30. I'm doing a little soul searching though as a few people have commented on the possible risks with sending the JH13's. Ive also sent UM an e-mail asking for reasurances and normally have an e-mail reply the following day. Even if I send the JH13's back to JHA I think I'll still get the W3's done....

Nov 16, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #409 of 3,931
Ok, so i purchased some Ultimate Ears Triple Fi.10 for $25 (I know, crazy!!!!) and I totally love the sound. I already have SE530's which I just sent in for a repair/replacement. I am looking to Sell my SE530's in order to remold and add 1 driver to each side of the triple fi.10's, to get a similar sound to the UE11's. So let me get this right, it will only cost me $230 to do this?? and they send me the impression kit? If this is true then I will sell my Shure se530 replacements once they come in for $230 and get this done. Thanks for your help.

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #410 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLDENZEAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so i purchased some Ultimate Ears Triple Fi.10 for $25 (I know, crazy!!!!) and I totally love the sound. I already have SE530's which I just sent in for a repair/replacement. I am looking to Sell my SE530's in order to remold and add 1 driver to each side of the triple fi.10's, to get a similar sound to the UE11's. So let me get this right, it will only cost me $230 to do this?? and they send me the impression kit? If this is true then I will sell my Shure se530 replacements once they come in for $230 and get this done. Thanks for your help.

Why not just pay $90 to get both monitors combined? =) Use teh low drivers of the TF10 for Lows, dual lows of the Shure as mids (yes seriously) then the high driver for the TF10 as highs. 5 driver custom, cost you $90. Then you have a extra pair of drivers to use for your next remold.

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #411 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLDENZEAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woah. $25 for TF10?

Nov 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #413 of 3,931
Just wanted to post some pictures and impressions of my remolded Super.fi 5 Pros.
I opted for the extra bass driver to get the sound signature of the UE 10 Pros and so far I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

The fit, finish and quality of the acrylic shell are just breathtaking. Those guys really know what they are doing.

Now I don't know if this is new and it's not that easy to see in the pictures but they seem to use dual bores now.

Overall turnaround time was about 6 weeks. Which is pretty good, considering I didn't exactly use express shipping to China
wink.gif

Communication with Sam was pretty good despite his shaky english skills
wink.gif

They could respond to E-Mails faster but that's not really news.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some extensive listening tests to perform.

um_remold1.jpg

um_remold2.jpg

um_remold3.jpg

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #415 of 3,931
sir fiendie,

we have the same color remolds, hehe though i opted for the additional MID driver, 3 way crossover. Mine's also with single bore nozzle, would there be a significant difference with a dual bore?

Damn, the acrylic shell really is something, looks perfect and seamless construction.

16112009088.jpg

16112009097.jpg

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #417 of 3,931
Hey rcdejesus,

yeh they really look stunning.

As far as I know you just have dual bores that terminate into a bigger one at the end so there shouldn't be a tonal difference. Can anyone elaborate on that?

I thought about the additional mid driver too but I didn't really know if I wanted the mid bump.

How does it sound?

Cheers
Andy

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcdejesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sir fiendie,

we have the same color remolds, hehe though i opted for the additional MID driver, 3 way crossover. Mine's also with single bore nozzle, would there be a significant difference with a dual bore?

Damn, the acrylic shell really is something, looks perfect and seamless construction.

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #418 of 3,931
I like the new cases better.

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #419 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What color is that?

Translucent Black.

It looks a bit lighter in the pictures than it actually is.
But I love that you can see the drivers that clearly
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #420 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by rcdejesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How does the additional MID driver sound compared to the TF10P? It would be great if you could give a review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back