Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Nov 13, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #391 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus, the frequency response graph UM sends back is INVALUABLE for a JH13 owner.

I think we'd all love to see that graph. Especially the (lack of?) high frequency rolloff.

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #393 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is he risking his warranty, when JH will not even fix the problem he has now?? If they warranty it for two years... everything should be covered for $1100.

He missed the refit period which is only 30 days. The warranty has nothing to do with refit.

BTW, I just got the order form from UM. What's the difference between the custom and universal socket? If I use the JH13 cable, which one should I choose?

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #394 of 3,931
Quote:

How is he risking his warranty, when JH will not even fix the problem he has now?? If they warranty it for two years... everything should be covered for $1100.

Just like what lil knight said. For example, if your driver fails in couple of months, JH won't cover the cost of replacing.

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #395 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He missed the refit period which is only 30 days. The warranty has nothing to do with refit.

BTW, I just got the order form from UM. What's the difference between the custom and universal socket? If I use the JH13 cable, which one should I choose?

custom socket,
i believe universal sockets are the one tf10 uses

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #397 of 3,931
Quote:

Cool. Thanks!

Did anyone manage to get a dual bore made by them?

nope, at least not me~ they didnt even arrange the drivers. probably just transported them over and thats it. if u are remolding a tf10 they might make dual bore.

Nov 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #399 of 3,931
Quote:

Universal will be the same as stock JH13's. I asked them the same question:

What is a custom or universal socket?
''our custom socket is available for UE and Westone custom''.

Nov 14, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #400 of 3,931
Quote:

I sent my JH5's back two times and it was long after 30 days.
They refit mine twice and also changed the color as it was not right to begin with.

Where do you guys see the refit must be done in 30 days?

I spent less than 1/3 the price and they took care of me, no questions asked...

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #401 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Universal will be the same as stock JH13's. I asked them the same question:

What is a custom or universal socket?
''our custom socket is available for UE and Westone custom''.

Hmmm, so what's the point of having options for universal and custom sockets?

Quote:

I sent my JH5's back two times and it was long after 30 days.
They refit mine twice and also changed the color as it was not right to begin with.

Where do you guys see the refit must be done in 30 days?

I spent less than 1/3 the price and they took care of me, no questions asked...

Search that info in the JH13s' thread. I don't remember where it's.

I'm not sure about their policy of refit period. Maybe as long as you begin the process of refit within the first 30 days, they will keep fixing until you are satisfied.

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #402 of 3,931
Quote:

I'm not sure about their policy of refit period. Maybe as long as you begin the process of refit within the first 30 days, they will keep fixing until you are satisfied.

No, Zac specifically mentioned that my 2nd refit from them is my final one, and they will do no more (or charge for it).

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #403 of 3,931
Now that's proof for the 30-day refit period.
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #404 of 3,931
Quote:

Hmmm, so what's the point of having options for universal and custom sockets?

I'm not 100% sure myself, that's the answer they gave so I asked them to make the JH13's to accept ES cables. On that note.....

If I decide to send them back to JHA with my new molds for refit & colour change, will the ES cables fit properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back