Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Sep 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #3,886 of 3,931
ooo how did it sound after?
i thought UM's website said that they offered up to 8 drivers for SM3 V2 hahahaha

you are right, i just checked their site again. i guess my retailer just offered up to +3 drivers. but the +8 driver prices are way too much imo - one can get a full pledge custom for that price.

as for the sound department, the mids are now a tad smoother, more forward too. treble seems a bit more livelier. the bass department sounds the same

Sep 13, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #3,887 of 3,931

you are right, i just checked their site again. i guess my retailer just offered up to +3 drivers. but the +8 driver prices are way too much imo - one can get a full pledge custom for that price.

as for the sound department, the mids are now a tad smoother, more forward too. treble seems a bit more livelier. the bass department sounds the same

do you find the upgrade worth it?

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #3,888 of 3,931

won't sound like sm3
the 8 driver upgrades are all meant to sound like rooth ls8 afaik. i had mine retuned a bit to sound a bit mellower and close to miracle, but ended up selling it.
anyhow, not worth it, just buy a set of customs or expensive universals.

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #3,891 of 3,931
Anyone reshell their roxannes? Recently obtained a pair and only um can do it...can they replicate the freq phase tech?

not too sure about UM but I heard that LEAR can, except LEAR's build quality has been said to be as good as UM's

then again I believe UM can too since they claim to do sound testing to make the reshelled IEM sound as similar as the original (I think?)

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #3,892 of 3,931
  do you find the upgrade worth it?

sorry i missed this. to me, for just a few $ in addition, it's worth it. but then again, more drivers doesn't mean better sound, it's in the tuning/implementation (the general consensus). i added the driver by the sense that i'm already going through the process, why not try it or regret later on not adding one in the long run. ymmv, you might find the additional driver worth it or not. 

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #3,893 of 3,931

Here's my Rockit Sounds R-50 remold. Upgraded to 3 drivers (added sub bass)

Very happy so far. It hurts a bit when I first use it but it went away quite fast.

Sounds impressive! They said they never done a remold on this headphone before so I have to design the sound by myself.

Knowless CI-22955 did the trick. The crossover is just perfect.

50 more hours of burn-in should be enough.

I'm very very happy.

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #3,894 of 3,931
Has anyone had any experience of the UK element of Unique Melody, Based on good info in this thread I have sent impressions and earphones ( and paid of course) for them to reshell, but 2 months on, can get no response of any kind from them as to progress ?

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #3,895 of 3,931
  Has anyone had any experience of the UK element of Unique Melody, Based on good info in this thread I have sent impressions and earphones ( and paid of course) for them to reshell, but 2 months on, can get no response of any kind from them as to progress ?

Ouch, have you tried phoning them?  Sometimes companies respond better to phone than email (in which case why put an email there!).   If that doesn't help it may be worth emailing stephen over at custom-iem who has always been very helpful and explain the situation to them.  They may be able to get a response quicker from Unique Melody themselves then uk.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #3,896 of 3,931
Yes tried contacting them ,they have no quoted phone number and  they have no specific email only the "contact us" type contact entry where you send a message  and they reply to your email,( or not ) they have  a similar "contact us " entry to generate a call back. I have carried out 4 of each of these so far ( 8 requests for update in all ) none responded to. About to embark on recorded delivery to their business address. Not impressed !!!

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #3,899 of 3,931

Hi Karloil, thank you for your response, I've taken both your and David's suggestion and sent an email to Steve, appreciate both your assistance, Was just about to get credit card company involved under section 75 and considering other recovery means, but hopefully with your help that may not be needed. Thanks again guys. I will update you as matter as matter of courtesy

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #3,900 of 3,931

Did email stephen over at custom-iem but says has no association with Unique Melody and couldn't help, but thanks for the suggestion. Seems it will be credit card company and small claim court to try and recover £500+. "Caveat emptor" !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back