Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #3,916 of 3,931
I had some W3's reshelled and upgraded to 6 drivers per ear back in September 2013. Took ages at the time but was really happy with the way the IEM's sounded and the workmanship and fit of them. However, I've recently noticed that the left IEM's sound has changed...like it's missing something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's almost like it's lost some definition and quality and sounds tinnier and somehow cheaper. It was a really sudden and noticeable change. I remember putting them in one day last week when I got to the gym and immediately thought something wasn't right compared to the day before and I've thought so ever since.

Has anyone else had anything like this? Is it likely that either a driver has busted or wiring come lose or something inside? I've swapped the cables over and the sound issue still remains in the left side.

May 26, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #3,918 of 3,931
Shure se846 VS UM Mentor Universal,
whats better guys, i'd like to have some impressions about the UM Mentor vs se846.

I have the se846, but i'd like to listen some guys that have test both. Thanks!

Jul 23, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #3,919 of 3,931
Haven't had to come to Head-Fi for years now after being finally satisfied with the purchase of my Miracles. That was until one of them broke after being trodden on at a concert after being knocked out of my ear (hence my need for a remold). To say I am devastated would be a understatement!

Anyway I contacted UM in Aus, they said to contact support in China. I did this, got an initial response asking for serial number and then nothing.
First email was sent over a month ago now, so far have sent ~5 emails from two different accounts and all have all fallen on deaf ears.

So far had been using the service@uniquemelody.org address but have just sent one to stephenguo@live.com. Fingers crossed.
In the past I've always had good experiences dealing with UM, this experience is having me seriously doubt that. :frowning2:

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Edit: Stephen just replied from his @live address telling me to try the service address again. Here goes nothing...
blink.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #3,923 of 3,931
  Haven't had to come to Head-Fi for years now after being finally satisfied with the purchase of my Miracles. That was until one of them broke after being trodden on at a concert after being knocked out of my ear (hence my need for a remold). To say I am devastated would be a understatement!

Anyway I contacted UM in Aus, they said to contact support in China. I did this, got an initial response asking for serial number and then nothing.
First email was sent over a month ago now, so far have sent ~5 emails from two different accounts and all have all fallen on deaf ears.

So far had been using the service@uniquemelody.org address but have just sent one to stephenguo@live.com. Fingers crossed.
In the past I've always had good experiences dealing with UM, this experience is having me seriously doubt that. :frowning2:

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Edit: Stephen just replied from his @live address telling me to try the service address again. Here goes nothing...
blink.gif

I'm from Aus, I have done two remoulds with UM. Communicating direct with Stephen is the best way to get results imho!

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #3,927 of 3,931
Jan 3, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #3,929 of 3,931
[COLOR=111111]we've already read it how much discount you promised in the ads?[/COLOR]

None, I was not offered anything. I am in the process of reviewing a loan unit, but get nothing in return, just good to let people know when discounts are available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back