Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jun 17, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #3,872 of 3,931
I've had my share of complaints on shipping and communication...but the build quality is great IMO. I've had Shure SE530+6 reshelled twice.

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #3,875 of 3,931
i've been getting feedback that UM shells are quite thinly made - has this been addressed? (if this is indeed true)

I have a reshell and a pair of Miracles. Both are immaculately done.

I've had my share of complaints on shipping and communication...but the build quality is great IMO. I've had Shure SE530+6 reshelled twice.

Which agent did you use? To be clear, I went through Stephen Guo of custom-iem.com. No communication problems at all. He responds at least overnight.

I share your views. Stephen is great to work with, and the shells are of great quality.

Jul 2, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #3,877 of 3,931
just received my reshells
biggrin.gif
...it was quite a quick service - only took 23 days TAT (from store drop-off to claiming).

to the touch the shells are quite thick and well made, thanks UM!

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #3,880 of 3,931
Hi guys, I need your help. I bought UM earphones some time ago (even posted in this thread :wink: ) and it got destroyed in an accident. I need an invoice for the insurance company, but UM never sent me any, and they don't respond my e-mails. Can anyone send me a photocopy of his invoice to my e-mail? mangaista@gmail.com . I own UM Aero, but it doesn't really matter, as long as the price on paper is 450$+. Ideally something bought in last 2 years. I would really appreciate any help.

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #3,881 of 3,931
Got my TF10x4 the other day after spending much time in this thread. My TF10 were falling apart and I figured I might as well reshell them rather than buy another set of universals.

I chose the TF10 with an extra driver on each side instead of the top TF10x8 model because I was a bit wary of the TF10x8 sound signature. The TF10x8 would be a lot of dough to drop if I ended up not liking it. Still, I'm not entirely sold on the sound of the TF10x4. It can sound a bit unnatural at times. They also seem a bit more sensitive than they used to be.

The overall process took 5 weeks. I dealt with Stephen Guo at custom-iem.com. Communication wasn't perfect, but better than I expected dealing with a company half way across the globe. Shipping from UM after being made was quick (3 days total according to FedEx tracking).

The disassembled TF10 housing was sent back:

The CIEM themselves. Build quality seems fairly good to me (wiring is clean, not much bubbling, if any).

The FR graph:

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #3,882 of 3,931
well, judging by UMLab holding my 3 driver for 2 weeks now and not saying anything about completion time... (via ciem.com). (re: UMLab move on their FB page)... So now is probably not a great time to go with UMLab? 'i haven't heard anything from umlab, they're very busy with backorder after the move, I'll let you know as soon as I hear something, but it's best not to rush them so they don't mess anything up' (not a verbatim quote, but pretty close) is not a response I want to hear when I ask whether UMLab received my IEMs and when can I expect my IEMs that UMLab did not produce to the order specs twice (making the same mistake). At least Stephen refunded my Mage that I sent in along with my 3 driver (for a refund, not reshell)....

1964 sounds interesting, they say " Tuning earpiece to match original Frequency/Phase response" (kozee say the same. Whether either of them really do that - who knows)
I'm pretty sure most other companies do not do that. In fact, most people say to expect something different from a UM reshell (and that's what happened to my sm3v1 to a custom sm3).

how did your SM3 sound afterwards? did you try the driver upgrades?
any impressions of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back