Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Aug 25, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #3,736 of 3,931
Just receive this 3 days ago.

send earlier may.
well, i'm satisfied with the product but not the waiting time
fit is just ok.
build quality is legend-waitforit-dary

anyway, it comes with triple flange, wonder whats that for?

Awesome, mine should hopefully only be another couple of weeks then given you sent yours off at the start of May and I sent mine towards the end of May :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #3,737 of 3,931
Quote:
I personally believe that iDevices will sound as good, if not better, than any of the very expensive portable DAPs on the market.
I just thought I would give you my two cents.

Based on what?

Sorry for the de-rail

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #3,738 of 3,931
Based on my many years of trying, buying and testing multiple different portable DAPs, of varying prices, including all sorts of "Flavour of the month" units. This conversation is better had over at the sound-science subforum 
normal_smile .gif

EDIT: I do remain agnostic about this, however. It's just my opinion. I don't like to spread it much, because I respect the opinion of others.

I'm still curious as to how the Westone 3's sounded once remoulded! 

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #3,739 of 3,931
i'm selling mine if anybody is interested :) Please have a look 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664157/unique-melody-custom-shure-se530x8

(sorry if it's inconvenient to advertise here....)

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #3,740 of 3,931
Hi, I am here to share some of my experiences dealing with UM, Firstly, representative from UM lab is kinda rude, especially this person named Liu, he is the one who made the whole remoulding process bad to me, I sent my Miracle back(for refitting) to UM lab located in China almost two weeks ago and my parcel reached UM lab on 28th of August(based on my tracking no.), so I sent an email to enquire about my parcel and Liu told me that my parcel is not there. What! NOT THERE?! then i gave him my order id and tracking no. and told him that the parcel is received by blah blah blah, then only he told me that my parcel is received by the security guard and they will collect it from them but until today(2nd Sept), my parcel is still not in UM lab yet, so this is a serious question to UM lab, IS THE DISTANCE FROM UM LAB TO THE GUARD HOUSE THAT FAR?! YOU GUYS CANNOT EVEN REACH THE GUARD HOUSE TO COLLECT MY PARCEL WHICH HAS BEEN THERE FOR DAYS?! This is what we called 'inefficient' ? Lastly, I am really get pissed off with the attitude of Liu while answering my question, WITH NO PATIENCE AT ALL! Thus, this is my first and last purchase from UM. This is just my personal experience with UM, maybe some of you guys have a wonderful experience with UM, cheers =)

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #3,741 of 3,931
Well hang on, the 28th wasn't even a week ago. If they are REALLY busy (which it's pretty obvious that they are) then they won't instantly process your order, they have mountains to get through. Be a little patient - and remember, being polite can go a long way :)

There is real point in pestering them - tell them that you would like to know that they received them safely, and they will tell you when that time comes. If you've only JUST sent them away, you should already know full well that you're in for a long, long wait.

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #3,742 of 3,931
Actually my experience with UM labs has been rather nice with them being very responsive. It's UM Aus/Acustoms that don't answer my emails. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #3,745 of 3,931
still dude, 14 weeks waiting time for me, that's like 3 finished purchase from other brand.... not like their quality is the best.

it's what the consumer wants, even when the parcel arrived at my country destination (indonesia), they ask me to pay the tax... (What dude) i thought i only need to pay once and all settled. but, really?

at first they promise to finish my order in 4-6 weeks but, they delay it until 14 weeks total. that's crazy rite? and they say that they are on peak of order (maybe because of 3DD too)

in this case, their customer satisfaction isn't as good as old days. think this was my first and last purchase from UM.

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #3,748 of 3,931
I was thinking of getting my IEM reshelled, is the 14weeks the average lead time to get them completed?
Or theres are a influx of orders recently?

might want to give inearz.com a try. From the day it left my hands, it took 2 day to ship there, 3 day for them to reshell, and 2 day to receive it back in my hands. it was a UM Miracle that I got reshelled

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #3,750 of 3,931

I'm still curious as to how the Westone 3's sounded once remoulded!

Well I had my Westone 3's remolded and upgraded to 6 drivers per ear and I've been listening to them on and off at work the last couple of days and I have to say I'm pretty impressed! Build quality is very good and they sound fantastic! Incredibly detailed and easy to listen to. Fit seems to be pretty decent too, although these are my first custom IEMs. I'd almost be tempted to say that the 15 week wait was worth it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back