Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jul 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #3,706 of 3,931
From late March to late July was my waiting period for my reshelled UM3X's.

I got them and have been using them for the past week.

Fit is great

Sound is improved by a small but significant amount, especially in bass impact (better seal)m and a tiny bit more clarity (better seal), but the overall character is still the same.

Unfortunately, they did not put their logo on the outside, which i asked for in my order sheet, and so they look like just generic custom iem's, and not as professional.  so i am disappointed in the visual result

also i colored my tips pink and lime green to differentiate them, but unfortunately the lime green came out a bit opque, making the entire set look fairly ugly, and even more amatuerish.  unfortunately this is a side effect of the website having an inaccurate virtual ordering form.

at least they imprinted my initials though.

overall i would say that i'm satisfied, but i would not order from them again, especially with the price hike. it was a 4 month wait for a set that is underwhelming, but still well performing.

and with the socket change, i think i should stock up on replacement cables fairly soon. sigh.

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #3,707 of 3,931
wow look good - sad to hear that after that 4 month wait they are under whelming.

i am still waiting from mine (since the start of april) - was told last week that i'll get em this week.

so still waiting, i pray they get the artwork and fit right - $600 ($300 for my westone 3's and another $300 for their bit) is a lot of money!~

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #3,713 of 3,931
Quote:
Were they received by UM Labs at the start of April? That's much higher than the 8-12 week estimate.

i dropped my moulds at the UM Office in Melbourne on 01/05.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #3,716 of 3,931
Quote:
i dropped my molds at the UM Office in Melbourne on 01/05.

So that makes 15 weeks. funko waited a similar amount of time too...I'm at 11 weeks since they received my impressions in Melbourne as of today. I emailed UM and got a reply on Friday saying "Your IEM's are due to be sent out to us in about 4 weeks from now". So I'm looking at around 15 or so weeks too. Hopefully it won't end up being any longer than that! Seriously hanging for mine! I'm getting my Westone 3's re shelled and upgraded to 6 drivers. I've read of one guy in this thread who's had that done and was stoked with the results so hoping for big things from mine when they come back! Meanwhile...waiting, waiting...

Aug 13, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #3,717 of 3,931
I've managed to work my way through a lot of these post's and am now looking forward to getting my TF10's reshelled.
Seems such a long turnaround time, but will be worth it I'm sure!!

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #3,719 of 3,931
Any idea how much it costs to reshell only one ear? I accidentally spoiled the Miracle's right ear by inserting blutak into its sound tube and it got stuck into the acoustic filter. Please don't ask me how I managed to do that, just thinking about it already gives me enough trauma.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back