Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #3,721 of 3,931
Aug 20, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #3,722 of 3,931
Quote:
Any idea how much it costs to reshell only one ear? I accidentally spoiled the Miracle's right ear by inserting blutak into its sound tube and it got stuck into the acoustic filter. Please don't ask me how I managed to do that, just thinking about it already gives me enough trauma.  

$120.

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #3,723 of 3,931
The wait is seriously ridiculous...And to be honest, I don't understand why an influx of new orders or whatever would compromise the delay of customers who had already PAID and are waiting for their products. I'm not sure if this could be borderline false advertisement, since everyone who had opt to do reshelling with UM paid with the initially estimated delay in mind. To change the turnaround time, to me, is like changing the product description...

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #3,727 of 3,931
When I placed my order, it was at 4-5 weeks. UM Global sales personally quoted 5-6 weeks, which I was fine with. A month without my IEM for work. But the rep later changed their estimated turnaround to 6-7 weeks as "UMLab is currently swamped with orders". And that was at the point when they finally received my TF10, and send me the invoice for payments. So I thought, a month and a half, I'll just have to compromise with 1-2 extra weeks more than I planned of borrowed headphones. But now we're all sitting at a ridiculous 8-12 weeks, and people in this thread personally waited months until they finally received either their reshells or freshly built IEM. I chose the service and submitted my payment expecting to get my reshells back in at most 6-7 weeks. If I had known that they would not stand on their words, UM would not even have received my business, and of course I wouldn't be sitting here extremely pissed off and having my work compromised.

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #3,728 of 3,931
Quote:
When I placed my order, it was at 4-5 weeks. UM Global sales personally quoted 5-6 weeks, which I was fine with. A month without my IEM for work. But the rep later changed their estimated turnaround to 6-7 weeks as "UMLab is currently swamped with orders". And that was at the point when they finally received my TF10, and send me the invoice for payments. So I thought, a month and a half, I'll just have to compromise with 1-2 extra weeks more than I planned of borrowed headphones. But now we're all sitting at a ridiculous 8-12 weeks, and people in this thread personally waited months until they finally received either their reshells or freshly built IEM. I chose the service and submitted my payment expecting to get my reshells back in at most 6-7 weeks. If I had known that they would not stand on their words, UM would not even have received my business, and of course I wouldn't be sitting here extremely pissed off and having my work compromised.

Just a poor job of communicating IMO. The wait time doesn't jump from 4-6 weeks to 8-12 weeks overnight. 

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #3,730 of 3,931
I purchased a sunrise cable and loved it! Now just waiting for my IEMs to come back from china :frowning2:

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #3,731 of 3,931
Just wondering if you guys had any good recommendations for portable DAC/Amp units that will go well with my IEM's (W3x6 upgrade) when I get them back? I will be using my IEM's with an ipod touch, Samsung Galaxy S3 and an Asus Transformer Infinity Tablet.The V-Moda VAMP Verza has my attention, but I've read that it may not be ideal for use with IEM's? Does anyone have nay feedback on this and/or any other suggestions. The only other potential issue I see with the Verza unit is that the battery will only last 7hrs...which wouldn't even last my entire work day (12hrs).

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #3,734 of 3,931
Sorry, I should have emphasised my "IF" in that statement - using your phone as a DAP is asking for battery trouble.

I personally believe that iDevices will sound as good, if not better, than any of the very expensive portable DAPs on the market. Whilst it's not the most popular theory on these forums (apart from the sound-science subforum), I just thought I would give you my two cents. 

Anyway, sorry for the de-rail 
regular_smile .gif
 Maybe have a search around the forums on this topic, plenty of info about it! 

Aug 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #3,735 of 3,931
Just receive this 3 days ago.

send earlier may.
well, i'm satisfied with the product but not the waiting time
fit is just ok.
build quality is legend-waitforit-dary

anyway, it comes with triple flange, wonder whats that for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back