Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 27, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #2,297 of 3,931

Quote:
@Aleki, A difference of 5dB the human hear can hardly hear. Unless you've got perfect hearing, or better, 5dB is not noticeable, In fact most earphones out there have a variance of 8dB as the drivers are never matched. My pair of TF10 has a variance of 7dB near the high-end. 

I'll take your word for it. I just remember my MMDT's driving me nuts because the low end impact always fled to my left ear(about a 4db variance). Seeing how highs are usually not symetrically illustrated in music, it must be harder to detect.

Jan 27, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #2,298 of 3,931

Quote:
What is 4 way for? Did they divide the whole frequency into 4 seperate parts?

Quote:
Quote:
Three of my six custom monitors finally came back. Perseus, a 3 driver 3 way, Poseidon a 6 driver 4 way, and Zeus a 10 driver 3 way. Pictures should be up soon! Still waiting on Apollo, Artemis, and Hades.

can't wait for the photos sir....

oh wow...a four way crossover, wonder how it compares to the typical three way

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #2,299 of 3,931
Yes, the spectrum is divide into 4 parts, each to a set of drivers dedicated to reproduce that section only. 

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #2,300 of 3,931

Quote:
and Zeus a 10 driver 3 way.

Wait, WHAT?!
ph34r.gif

Come on guys 4way is not a brakethrough, Rooth already does that. ...but man, TEN drivers?! That would be the first IEM with 10.
Could you elaborate some more on those monitors? What drivers they all use, how about the most important part - sound?

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #2,301 of 3,931
4 way is definitely not a break through. FitEar had a 6-way monitor. I chose not to go with 10 driver 4 way cause the drivers chosen covered the whole frequency already, and 4-way is much harder to get in time, and tuned properly so I stuck with a 3-way. The design is Quad lows, Dual Mids,a dn Quad Highs. Low drivers used are the 3300 from Sonion, Mids is a single DTEC from Knowles, and the highs are finished off with dual 4400 from Sonion. 

The sound on first impression is great. Very flat response, and everything is just so quick and clean. Lows are powerful, and punch clean and smooth. Mids are rich and natural, while the highs are crystal clear. Maybe a little fatiguing on the highs for myself, otherwise first impression they are great.

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #2,303 of 3,931
does anyone remold their Westone IEm paerticularly UM3X ? How dies it feels ?  shell of my UM3x is splitting and thinking about making it a custom

Jan 28, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #2,305 of 3,931

Quote:
^^ i'd be more interested if some one has remolded thier SM3. so anyone ?
ITs highly unlikely cause earsonics use filter also in thier design but still there must be someone. 

Filter? If you're talking about acoustic filters, every monitor has them. In fact, I don't see why not remolding a pair of SM3. 

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #2,307 of 3,931

Quote:
Here's the frequency chart for my SE425X3 (remolded Shure SE425 with added bass driver).

So, as you can see the bass is very much more prominent and deep than of a stock SE425 and that was exactly what i had hoped for, all the high end definition of the SE425 with added low end punch.
The sound is very well balanced to my taste, bass is nice and punchy and the highs are nice and crisp, but not sibilant at all. There could be just a little more mids, though but it does not bother me as it is. Overall I was surprised, what a huge improvement this remold+upgrade was. i would suggest it to all who own se425's and wish to have more bass (not to mention perfect fit). =)

That looks a bit (A LOT) like the t.f10x4.
http://assets.head-fi.org/b/b9/525x525px-LL-b97d7916_vbattach28936.jpg

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #2,309 of 3,931
Thanks for the pictures ^^ They look awesome!!! xD the custom shell packed with so many drivers just makes me more hyped in iem's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back